HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Gm#2: KINGS @ BLUES, 4/30/12, KINGS WIN 5-2, Lead Series 2-0 ...

Old
04-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Hayward is a complete f'ing tool. "if Quick does have a hole in his game, (then mummbles) trust me, he has a few I know)...." blah blah blah. F NBC and their crew tonight man. Even coming back during intermission they come back and instead of saying the Kings have a 5-1 lead, they say Blues down to the Kings by a score of 5-1. Nice unbiased commentary...
Dude are you high or something?

Haywards exact quote was

"If Quick does have a hole in his game, and trust me, he doesn't have many, it's going high..."

It's called analysis, and he paid a nice ocmpliment to Quick saying he doesn't have hardly any weaknesses.

Talk about grasping for straws.

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:53 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
I'll take a 5-2 lucky win anyday.
Yeah it was lucky. Lucky it wasn't 6-2 or 7-2.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:55 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

@Dustinpenner25
Quote:
Anybody catch the license plate of that truck? #ithinkitstartswitha7 Wawawewa. #aliG Thanks @Mrichie_10 #thatsleadership
lol

DAkings20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Butch 19
King me

So THAT's what first period goals are like... I like - very much!!!

For having a 3 or 4 goal lead for most of the game, I still had plenty of stress. How is that even possible??

GKG in game 3!!!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It's a treat to read the other boards around the league. Every one, which obvious exceptions of the Blues, Ducks, and Canucks are very favorable to the Kings. Lots of nice things to say. It is nice that the Kings are finally getting some recognition. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts. This has been a long time coming as a Kings fan. GO KINGS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TonySCV
Two Timer!

You guys need to give this biased announcer crap a rest. It sounds petty and it's not true.

The announcers gushed about the Kings for the entire first period. They rode the Blues the last 40 because they were the better team the last 40. The Kings had 5 TOTAL shots the last 40 minutes. What the hell else were they supposed to talk about?

They've got to be neutral and again, I thought they were very complimentary of the Kings when they deserved the compliments.

NBC has improved the production value of the game dramatically over the past few years. They put FSN to shame with the camera angles, the replays... the production value overall is very, very good. They thought enough of the series to have 3 announcers work it, which they usually reserve for their #1 broadcast only.

If you want to ***** about something, how about that awesome postgame show? CNBC went straight into a show about Costco, NBC Sports was showing poker.

Last edited by TonySCV: 05-01-2012 at 12:25 AM.
TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Game 3 is going to be rough to start. The Kings can take their heart if they dominate the 1st period of Game 3.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorJeep View Post
Back in the 93 playoffs the Kings scored a bunch of SH'ed goals, Taylor Kurri and Sandstrom I think. This playoffs feels like we are exercising our collective demons with this team. Great win tonite, StL has no idea what to do out there and I think the Kings are in their heads.
Kurri and Taylor had 2 SH goals, and Gretzky and Blake each had 1, so 6 SH goals for the Kings in '93. Here's video of the Kings' goals scored from the first three rounds of the '93 playoffs:

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tantrum4*

Can ANYONE please tell me what station Fox Sports Prime Ticket is on? I'm in Canada and want to find the stream online after games so I can listen to Bob and Jim! PLEAAAASE!!!!

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Wooty

Anze Kopitar wants to know why those goalies are always sliding way over there when he has the puck way over here?

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Can ANYONE please tell me what station Fox Sports Prime Ticket is on? I'm in Canada and want to find the stream online after games so I can listen to Bob and Jim! PLEAAAASE!!!!
On DTV it is 693. Fox Sports West is 692

Hmm it seems we have a pursuit channel about hunting and fishing... let me turn that redneck **** off.

ha NBC sports has Darts on.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Do the players take the podium? I've been looking for player post-game interviews and they all took place in the locker room. Is it just the coaches that show up for the press conference?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Do the players take the podium? I've been looking for player post-game interviews and they all took place in the locker room. Is it just the coaches that show up for the press conference?
I don't think so, I think the press go into the locker room.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
You guys need to give this biased announcer crap a rest. It sounds petty and it's not true.

The announcers gushed about the Kings for the entire first period. They rode the Blues the last 40 because they were the better team the last 40. The Kings had 5 TOTAL shots the last 40 minutes. What the hell else were they supposed to talk about?

They've got to be neutral and again, I thought they were very complimentary of the Kings when they deserved the compliments.

NBC has improved the production value of the game dramatically over the past few years. They put FSN to shame with the camera angles, the replays... the production value overall is very, very good. They thought enough of the series to have 3 announcers work it, which they usually reserve for their #1 broadcast only.

If you want to ***** about something, how about that awesome postgame show? CNBC went straight into a show about Costco, NBC Sports was showing poker.
There's a lot of truth to what you're saying, and usually I'm annoyed by all the blind Hayward hate. However, today, I thought that Engblom and Hayward got too "married" to their "St. Louis pushback" narrative, and tried to skew the whole commentary to fit it. Of course, the pushback by St. Louis wasn't a phantom one, but there was no acknowledgement of the fact that the Kings basically played keep-away for 2 periods, which enabled this appearance of St. Louis taking over.

That being said, their choice of the narrative is understandable, as they want to manufacture suspense and drama for the viewer where it may not be at the level they would want, as sellers of entertainment.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Dude are you high or something?

Haywards exact quote was

"If Quick does have a hole in his game, and trust me, he doesn't have many, it's going high..."

It's called analysis, and he paid a nice ocmpliment to Quick saying he doesn't have hardly any weaknesses.

Talk about grasping for straws.
It's already been confirmed I must have misheard, but if it makes you feel better to say i'm grasping for straws and that I'm high more power to ya.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:14 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
On DTV it is 693. Fox Sports West is 692

Hmm it seems we have a pursuit channel about hunting and fishing... let me turn that redneck **** off.

ha NBC sports has Darts on.
Oh sorry I thought it was a radio feed. No wonder I can't find it!!

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Did you know? The Kings are now 5-0 on the road in the 2012 postseason. The last 2 teams to start the playoffs like that, Edmonton in 1987 and Tampa Bay in 2004, won the Cup. [Kevin Gibson]

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
You guys need to give this biased announcer crap a rest.

I'm sorry but it WAS very biased. Yes they threw the Kings some compliments here and there, but every god damn word out of their mouths were blues need to do this, or blues need to do that. Fans in this forum are NOT the only ones who noticed this either.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Wooty

Old
05-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Thursday seems so far away.

Good to see my boy Cartsy with the game winner; that was a snipe.

Kopi, Richards, and Brown really dominated tonight. Penner was great too.

Can't wait for game three.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Oh sorry I thought it was a radio feed. No wonder I can't find it!!
I didn't see it when it was on TV but this maybe it. http://www.foxsportswest.com/pages/v...b-9c7a19e01cb1

EDIT never mind that was last game

Old
05-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Hey guys, it's happening, we are actually playing like we should in the playoffs and it's working...

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Kurri and Taylor had 2 SH goals, and Gretzky and Blake each had 1, so 6 SH goals for the Kings in '93. Here's video of the Kings' goals scored from the first three rounds of the '93 playoffs:
Please tell me that you actually had to look this up.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:26 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Serious question: Why hasn't Penner played like this all season? Was he nursing an injury that has healed up? Was it fallout from his personal issues?

I would absolutely bring him back next year if this is the Penner we are gonna get.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Serious question: Why hasn't Penner played like this all season? Was he nursing an injury that has healed up? Was it fallout from his personal issues?

I would absolutely bring him back next year if this is the Penner we are gonna get.
Dunno, but this is how he played in Edmonton before the trade. Not sure how to explain it, but he certainly has been huge for us in the postseason all of a sudden. Good on Sutter for recognizing it and getting him up with Richards and Carter.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote