HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 03:58 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
yes. this thread is stupid. yes. why are there so many bi-polar Ranger fans? Fire Torts. Torts for the Adams trophy. Marc Staal is untouchable. Marc Staal is horrible. MDZ, rookie phenom! MDZ, sophmore bust! trade the bum! I think I'm gonna start a "positive Ranger fan badge" campaign on avatars.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:25 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
yes I think NY is going to win the series. Unlike the Sens, NY is carrying the play so far.

The absolutely crushing hits on the caps defense indicates that their blueline is not clearing the puck as swiftly as Ottawa did.

Green alone was rocked so many times I actually felt sorry for him when he was whistled for tripping Kreider. How many of those bone jarring, glass rattling hits can they absorb before they get gun shy ?

My guess is if this keeps up by game 4 NY will be able to cycle at will and washington will look to score on the counter play.

as long as the refs don't decide things otherwise this is NY's series to lose
Keep pressuring their defense and they will wear down quick.

Looking forward to a bounce back win in game 3. Go Rangers!

Old
05-01-2012, 04:43 AM
MDL8981

No doubts that we win. I'm still saying we take it in 5....definetly no more then 6. We're a better team and the first two games have shown it. Only way we lose this series, is if we beat ourselves and give away games. It happened last night but I dont see it happening again.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:57 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm confident. This team is the real deal.

But Gaborik needs to get his head out of his ass and start skating.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:08 AM
pld459666

The only thing that bothers me is the possibility of losing to any team that I think we are better than.

The previous two PO losses to the Caps I had no real issues with in the sense that teh Caps were CLEARLY the better team.

This year I feel we are the better team and I'm going to be no more disappointed losing to the Caps than I would have been in losing to the Senators or the Devils.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:16 AM
darko

Win 1 game in Washington and it's advantage Rangers.

Can we win the series? Absolutely.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Dorado*

They Are by no means out matched by Caps . Schultz , Hamrlik , Are brutal as are Wideman and Green without the puck ...
HOWEVER unless NYR find a way to score at least 3 goals a game ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE . The X FACTOR being OVECHKIN AND Semin are pure scorers with one shot scoring ability ( something NYR sorely lack ) and Jason Chimera OWNS us for some reason .
Do I think we lose No ... But as a NYR fan for almost 40 years I'm not ruling it out .

Old
05-01-2012, 05:32 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
The biased refs caused us to lose again. After seeing the Rangers tie it on a PP and having momentum, then killing off the first (BS) penalty, they decided it was time to end the game. Back to back BS penalties in the 3rd = NHL win and Rangers loss.

I seriously hate the NHL refs and league officials. They ruin an awesome sport with their biased calls and decisions. If these idiots were held accountable like all other sports, this wouldn't happen. But too bad ESPN hates hockey and would rather talk about NFL and NBA 24/7.
What is the reason the refs are against the Rangers?

What is the reason that every fanbase is loaded with folks who cry that the refs are jobbing them?

Why is it that some people can't deal with the possibility that their team lost because the other team scored more goals?

Old
05-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
What is the reason the refs are against the Rangers?

What is the reason that every fanbase is loaded with folks who cry that the refs are jobbing them?

Why is it that some people can't deal with the possibility that their team lost because the other team scored more goals?
compilation of reasons to think that the refs are haters--
1: not just the refs-- whole league. something around the lockout seems to have started it+ tortorella is a jackass + some of the worst fan atmosphere in the league + avery + colin campbell was super mad + shanahan was a ranger and doesn't want to look biased + crosby doesn't like new york and the leauge wuvs him
2: every team gets bad calls. there are some calls in recent history that aren't even really debatable. not many people think that the league doesn't at least fix SOME games-- or at least enhance the drama involved in order to increase the casual fan base. (see:the winter classic penalty shot and the not-waved-off kicking goal from game 6 of the sens/rangers series)
3:who says anything about not being able to deal with the fact that the caps scored more goals? it's the principal of getting back to back calls on us and non-calls on them with 10 minutes left in a tied game. boyle gets hooked for a good 5 seconds, falls down and lands on the guy's stick-- gets a holding the stick call. brad richards is skating on the blue line, guy skates into him (not going at the puck) and shoves him, richards pushes back and gets called for a hold. not the end of the world, but it effected the rest of the game... not only because they scored, but because back to back pks caused a momentum change.

the league makes money off of drama. it keeps people talking.

shea weber agrees.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Onion Boy

That call on Richards cannot be made in the last 10 min of a tied game in the playoffs. In any league. Inexcusable.

Last edited by Onion Boy: 05-01-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old
05-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
23 years now lol. Really 24 but I didn't go this year so I don't count it. I guess I should subtract the lockout year too, so that would be 22 seasons I guess.
You've seen Ranger teams that have iced Jan Erixon all the way to Derek Stepan and not a single win?

That really is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard. My mind is so blown right now. Hopefully it ends soon. Just stay far away from Game 7's in the meantime.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:00 AM
NYRSchrute217

Wow some of you guys are way too over-confident. I think we win, but it's not necessarily going to be easy. I'm sticking with my Rangers in 6 pick.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Pugs35

Anyone else see that Stepan got robbed of an assist on the 2nd goal? He clearly passes to MDZ and not Richards. Not that it matters I guess

Old
05-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Dangleberry

One thing I noticed is that Holtby kicked a number of pucks into the slot but there was no one there for the rebound.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
GloveSave35

Yes. We were arguably the better team last night but lost because they capitalized on our mistakes and were the beneficiary of some poor officiating at inopportune times. If we continue to play like we did last night (sans huge gaffes) I think we win the series. However, with the loss last night, I now think the series goes 6-7 games.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:14 AM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
You've seen Ranger teams that have iced Jan Erixon all the way to Derek Stepan and not a single win?

That really is one of the most amazing things I have ever heard. My mind is so blown right now. Hopefully it ends soon. Just stay far away from Game 7's in the meantime.
Yes, please.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Stephen Walkom has been incompetent in EVERY single play-off game this year. He's flat-out terrible.

Brian Boyle should go back on the IR. He was especially bad on draws in the defensive zone. I don't care about the 3 goals he scored, he still blows.
There was som talk on twitter that Zuke could be ready for game four in this series. If seruosly needed,he could go for game three.
I really doubt this,case he have just skated for a short week. But maybe he could help in a few shifts.
Or is it better to wait and see if he is needed in round three,bairing injuries?
I say the latter.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:41 AM
NikC

we lose this series only, if we make stupid mistakes like last night and we
give officiating leverage in tied games.

we take care of business and i'm convinced we'll take this series. there is no reason
why we cant beat this capitals team. i dont even think the rangers have played their best hockey yet.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
That call on Richards cannot be made in the last 10 min of a tied game in the playoffs. In any league. Inexcusable.
Agreed! Especially since they gave a make up call 30 seconds earlier. Staal was high sticked earlier which wasn't called, so the refeering missed calls on both sides, which is normal, they're human after all. But a BS call like that with under 10 minutes is very weak.

Having said this, I'm happy the way we played, and am confident we will win the series, but it would help if:

-Gaborik were to start scoring
-Playing Anisimov more and not Prust when trailing (I thought Ani had a good game last night, but barely played 6 minutes I believe).
-We keep on pounding their D, it will take its toll in the next few games.
-We avoid stupid costly mistakes.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post

Don't forget Jan's son haha.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:45 AM
towely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Boyle needs to go back on the IR ASAP and good luck to Bickel in Hartford.
barring injury i see no need for bickel to play again, his ice time is next to nothing and when he gets his chances he blows them big time.

this time of year when you only get a few minutes or less each game it clearly shows that the coach has no confidence in you and i will never understand why torts keeps going against his own golden rule of you have to earn your ice time.

as for boyle, i was afraid he was gonna be so so which could be expected being he has not played in three games.
normally three games in no big deal but in the playoffs three game is a lot especially when you are stepping back into it against a different team.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

TBH, I was way more nervous about the Sens series than this one against the Craps. Sens controlled play for long stretches of time, something the Craps have yet to do.

Really want to beat this team.

Hank has to stay in the net.
Bickel has to NOT make mistakes in his three minutes of ice time.
Someone has to be there for the rebounds, because Holtby is kicking pucks right into the slot, and no one is ever there.
...and someone has to find out what crazy voodoo Chimera is doing to be getting all these lucky bounces in MSG.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:50 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
I do, and I think it will be with us taking the next 3 straight to be honest. I don't normally say things like that, simply because Im generally the glass is half empty. But, with what I saw tonight, I have full confidence in us taking this series. We have dominated them in play for long stretches. Unlike Ottawa, they cant handle our speed, and forecheck. They don't have the horses to match, and their D wont handle our forecheck through this series. I suppose they could take 1 more and make it 6 games, but Im not betting on it.
I'm the same way and I agree with this. I missed game 1 but saw all of game 2 and saw nothing out of the Caps that has me thinking they can beat the Rangers 4 times. I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers take 2 in DC. Not saying it's going to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Yea I just don't have the faith right now after such a depressing loss. We needed to go up 2-0 on this team. Home games are the games you have to win. Losing this game gave the caps life that they shouldn't have. Since winning they now believe they can beat us bc they not only won they won on rangers home ice! I know this is a different team than other years but I would be surprised if we win one in Washington. I hope I'm wrong but it's how we lost this game that doesn't give me the confidence in this series. Can't wait till game 3, but we will see. We can't go down 3-1 in this series. We need at least one or both in washingtong. I guess we will see on Wednesday.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
MAC TRUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
I'm the same way and I agree with this. I missed game 1 but saw all of game 2 and saw nothing out of the Caps that has me thinking they can beat the Rangers 4 times. I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers take 2 in DC. Not saying it's going to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Agree. No way the Caps win 3 more first.

Closed Thread