HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crowd Chants at the Garden - Discuss them here

Old
04-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
We already "chant" for our guys when we cheer (let's go rangers)

We can get in the other team's head
The LGR chants suck. There's only like two of them a game and then people always try to start one, but they always fail.

04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Blue Seat Spartan
Permanent Vacation

vCash: 500
Chorus to "The Rangers Victory Song"

I wonder how hard it would be for 18,200+ fans at the Garden to sing this in unison when the Rangers are leading by a comfortable margin with under 5 minutes remaining in the game? Hmmmmm

"Just keep your stick on the puck
and don't lay down on your luck
That's the Rangers Victory Song!!!"

"Get to the enemy's goal
with all your heart and your soul,
That's the Rangers Victory Song!!!"

"You gotta fight, Rangers, fight
with a grin on your chin!
Tonight is the night
let's get in there and WIN!
This game is worth any price,
let's go put it on ice...
THAT'S THE RANGERS VICTORY SONG!!!

Mind if somebody copies/pastes/prints this, Xeroxes about a hundred copies, and distributes it to fans in a particular section of the Blue Seats... preferably Sec. 415?

Blue Seat Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerotrot View Post
How about tonight, instead of chanting things about Ovechkin, Alfie, Holtby, Crosby, Bettman, Potvin, etc., we chant something that has to do with our own players?

I think this would be much classier and it's something that I liked about the Ottawa countdown as it was for their own player and captain.
Like when the sens fans mocked henrik... Or Boyle? Chants against the opposing team show the fans are into the game. Last game we chanted let's go rangers, Kreider, henrik... Stop worrying about being "classy" and enjoy a hockey game.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 05:59 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

I will be on the lookout fr some of these tonight. Hopefully one about Pierre so we can see NBC's reaction. Would be priceless.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Leetch3

it would be impressive and awesome if people could coordinate happy bday for kreider lol

Leetch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIlrathsWrath View Post
Like when the sens fans mocked henrik... Or Boyle? Chants against the opposing team show the fans are into the game. Last game we chanted let's go rangers, Kreider, henrik... Stop worrying about being "classy" and enjoy a hockey game.
Yeah, and how did that work out for the Sens? I get the point of getting in the opposing team's head (my favorite words to chant are MAAAARRRRTYYYYY), but I don't think counting down to OV's number and telling him he sucks is anything like that. Our players are warriors and deserve way more cheers from the Garden crowd than we currently give them, especially when we yell Potvin's name about 10 times a ****ing game.

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
I still think that every single time the opposition scores a goal, from now on till the end of the playoffs, the garden should loudly chant "It don't ma-tter!"

In my opinion, it totally would wash out the other team's momentum.

I understand that after a goal is scored against us most people don't feel like cheering. But I still think mentally it would be a powerful statement if we did it...
Agreed, I like it.

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 06:38 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
Why not just something simple like

"Kill...Kill...Kill...Kill"

That would certainly be intimidating
^ THIS! I say this to my wife during every penalty kill opportunity. It's the perfect time to chant "KILL KILL KILL" and have a double meaning. I'd love to see it.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:14 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

I can't believe you guys successfully stole the Ottawa chant to make it about Ovi sucking. That's dedication.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerotrot View Post
Yeah, and how did that work out for the Sens? I get the point of getting in the opposing team's head (my favorite words to chant are MAAAARRRRTYYYYY), but I don't think counting down to OV's number and telling him he sucks is anything like that. Our players are warriors and deserve way more cheers from the Garden crowd than we currently give them, especially when we yell Potvin's name about 10 times a ****ing game.
I agree with you there. We could definitely come up with some chants for our boys. But I thoroughly enjoy the ovi chant or any chant directed at the opposition.... I was expecting to hear a happy birthday chant for Kreider tonight.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
NYRKING30

the 8 second countdown with ovie sucks needs to die. let it be dead tonight please, by the 3rd period my section had stopped it. i dont know it was funny the first time now its just lame i think.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:20 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
the 8 second countdown with ovie sucks needs to die. let it be dead tonight please, by the 3rd period my section had stopped it. i dont know it was funny the first time now its just lame i think.
Well considering they scored about 10 seconds after the one in the first period and Ovechkin actually scored in the third, I'd say it's highly ineffective. I agree, let it die.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:28 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Well considering they scored about 10 seconds after the one in the first period and Ovechkin actually scored in the third, I'd say it's highly ineffective. I agree, let it die.
Don't forget game 7 the alfie sucks chant he scored as the chant ended. for many reasons that chant shoulda ended after game 7. w/e lets move on, any new ideas lol?

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 11:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Another dead crowd tonight I thought save for some big moments late in the game.

04-30-2012, 11:56 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

How about to add to the list of anti-ref chants

"This game's fixed! This game's fixed! This game's fixed!" How embarrassing that would be for the NHL.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:43 AM
jhnyr

The "Alfie Sucks" chant was crap, because he wasn't the problem. Neil was.

And this is why the "Ovi Sucks" chant is a piece of ****, and anyone who chants it is an even bigger piece of ****:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...023118193.html

So yes, if you participated in that chant last night, it is confirmed. You are indeed a giant, steaming, rancid, bubbling, corn-filled piece of ****.

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Pruch025

As I said in the other thread, I am glad Ovy scored. I'm sitting here watching this team and hoping for a hard fought win after many years, and fans are taunting a player who has been silent.

Rangers fans deserved that in my opinion.

I'm glad they can go on the road and try to beat them there.

Pruch025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
tailgunner

that ovie chant is so stupid/lame and it backfired dreadfully, I told u guys before the game started not to do it....it only fired him up and he scored and it,s not even our chant, we stole it from ottawa and it makes us as a fanbase look utterly stupid....please stop this chant

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Yeah... its a CHANT that caused the weak call to begin with plus the ensuing PPG... not that Boyle was being held and couldnt close the gap or anything... its because of the CHANT!

Wow. You guys are absolutely ridiculous.

Probably believe in curses too.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Yeah... its a CHANT that caused the weak call to begin with plus the ensuing PPG... not that Boyle was being held and couldnt close the gap or anything... its because of the CHANT!

Wow. You guys are absolutely ridiculous.

Probably believe in curses too.
Came here to post this.

If these chants are so horrible, how come the Russian Sheep was held scoreless in Game 1?

And Ovechkin can go **** himself for all I care. Celebrate a goal like you won the Cup. Don't worry. He'll be out of the playoffs soon enough anyway.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:18 AM
coasterbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Another dead crowd tonight I thought save for some big moments late in the game.
I'm not sure if it came across that way on television but I was at the game and that was the loudest I'd ever heard the place. There were some points in the 2nd period where the crowd was a little quiet but that's because the Rangers didn't really have many chances. Feel free to disagree but I actually thought the crowd was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
If I remember correctly, the Rangers were rushing into the offensive zone at the 8 minute mark of the 3rd period. I think the only reason nobody was chanting was because they were already cheering for the scoring opportunity.

Anyway I really don't think the chant has anything to do with what happens on the ice. Professional athletes not named Carmelo Anthony don't need extra motivation to win games. We lost because we took too many penalties at the end of the game, not because the fans were chanting "Ovie Sucks".

coasterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:38 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

The Ovie chant is stupid and it has to stop. 4 times chanting it and 3 goals resulted right after. Please, morons, stop.

Nothing i hate more then the "you suck" and goalie name chants, ugh... its like a 3rd grade playground in NHL arenas, grow up.

way to help motivate the other team, and then boo your own on powerplays thats dont result in a goal... hmm thats really being a help...genius. Sometimes i dont understand how such dumb people can afford playoff tickets.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
crisb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post

And this is why the "Ovi Sucks" chant is a piece of ****, and anyone who chants it is an even bigger piece of ****:

So yes, if you participated in that chant last night, it is confirmed. You are indeed a giant, steaming, rancid, bubbling, corn-filled piece of ****.
I am not the biggest fan of the chant, but this is ridiculous. Relax.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Oh I'm sorry, Mr. Genius. When the Rangers PP spends 90 seconds in their own endzone, I'll be sure to cheer them instead.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
IAMREALITY
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post

Well then what, pray tell, would you be?

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote