HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Ticket prices are shocking

Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2012, 05:34 PM
pucky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
I was actually going to give this tournament a fair chance and try to attend all games in Sweden, but then I saw the ticket prices and **** this ****ing tournament, I refuse to pay that money for ****ing hockey tickets.
But, Sweden is supposed to be a welfare paradise.

Old
04-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Well, used to be, politics in recent time have made sure we're not any longer!

Old
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Tissotti

Quote:
At least here in Finland it has escalated to the point where people are protesting the whole thing by not buying tickets. Greatly helped by Kummola's (head of Finnish Hockey federation) miss informed comments and silly justifications for the prices. To a point where people just wanna See Kummola fail after his comments.
They could have not handled the communication part worst, not even if they had tried.

Got my Fin-Can tickets, but it really is a shame Hartwall arena wont be full for many of the games.

Last edited by Tissotti: 04-30-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old
04-30-2012, 04:14 AM
sirMcDuck

Well Finland's game will be sold out and maybe CAN vs USA too but who hell pays 70 euros (almost 100 dollars) for seeing USA vs France game? ... or 155 euros (200 dollars) for FIN vs FRA?

Old
04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Talent Analyst

I'll be at Stockholm during the quarter final, how much a ticket will cost? the cheapest possible?

Old
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
TurboBrick

So the tickets are outrageous but the beer and sausages are cheap, right?

Now, the ticket packs are starting at 265 and you get four games for that. Both QF's, 265, SF's 345 and finals 445. The best value is probably the "Tuomo Ruutu" package that comes with FIN-SVK and USA-CAN.

Here's a link, (in Finnish):

http://www.lippu.fi/tickets.html?aff...mpaign=mm-2012

Old
04-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
I'll be at Stockholm during the quarter final, how much a ticket will cost? the cheapest possible?
the quarter finals are held in Helsinki

And F Kummola and F Finnish hockey federation. These games will be full full of company paid attendance where many don't give a **** about the game...as long as it's free...free beer and some food. Not gonna support this BS. I would have gotten a free ticket to quarter final game but I refused it.

Old
04-30-2012, 04:08 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
the quarter finals are held in Helsinki
They're not. The QFs will be played inside the group. Only the two semifinal teams will travel from Stockholm to Helsinki.

Per the IIHF website, the cheapest possibe QF ticket in Stockholm is apparently 450 Swedish crowns which is about 70 dollars (both Canadian and US). Second cheapest... double that.

For comparison, the cheapest ticket in Helsinki for the same game will fetch you 155 euros, which is around 200 dollars. What a huge "*bleep* you" from FIHA.

Swedes have no right to complain in this thread.

Last edited by FiLe: 04-30-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old
05-01-2012, 06:04 AM
welshrangersfan

I bought the Tuomo Ruutu package and am then moving onto Stockholm for four games and the two QFs. The Helsinki prices are very disappointing but I feel the Stockholm prices are reasonable which is why I've chosen to go to Stockholm for the QF rather than Helsinki

Old
05-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Atas2000

I say, let's bring hockey to some countries not in the top 6. They are much more moderate with prices. The WC in Germany was a gift. The prices in Finland and Sweden are horrendous. I'm considering skipping seriously, and I actually go every year.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:47 AM
supermasif

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshhabsfan View Post
I bought the Tuomo Ruutu package and am then moving onto Stockholm for four games and the two QFs. The Helsinki prices are very disappointing but I feel the Stockholm prices are reasonable which is why I've chosen to go to Stockholm for the QF rather than Helsinki
Wow, I'm impressed that you're coming from Wales to see some games . What's your team of choice?

Like most people in this thread I think it is ridiculous to discourage marginal fans from going by jacking up the ticket prices to stupid levels. You want the world cup to be a party for all involved. What good does it do to the status of the tournament if most games not played by the host nations will have arenas 1/4 full.

The swedish and finnish federations should swallow their pride and release tickets for games not involving any of the big 6 for around 100SEK or 10. At least that would make people go to the games.

I can only speak for the swedish audience, but in general most people wouldn't pay much to see teams other than Tre Kronor. It's not like in canada where they sell out u20 games between Germany and Latvia... but that's what the federation seems to think.

Do it again and do it right.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:28 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermasif View Post
I can only speak for the swedish audience, but in general most people wouldn't pay much to see teams other than Tre Kronor. It's not like in canada where they sell out u20 games between Germany and Latvia... but that's what the federation seems to think.
In Finland, the only other game apart from the home team ones that have gathered some moderate interest is CAN-USA. With all the rest, only around half the tickets have been sold, if that.

Finland is supposed to be a hockey country, and then we'll have these teams coming from all over the world playing for half-empty audiences...

Old
05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
I say, let's bring hockey to some countries not in the top 6. They are much more moderate with prices. The WC in Germany was a gift. The prices in Finland and Sweden are horrendous. I'm considering skipping seriously, and I actually go every year.
This this this! World Championships to beautiful and inexpensive European cities.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Finland is supposed to be a hockey country, and then we'll have these teams coming from all over the world playing for half-empty audiences...
That's the Finnish way of building hockey culture... last year's championship and they have done everything wrong afterwards to build from the hype....now they just are milking and whoring and these games just will hurt the reputation of hockey. All games are in Canal+ (pay channel) and only Finnish games are in free channels (commentated with the horrible MTV3 amateurs). Ticket prices are horrible for normal people and many families can't afford to bring their young hockey fan kids to the games...instead in the attendance there is company paid people who even might don't like hockey. Like one of my colleague said: "Hey I don't like hockey at all...but it's free...yeah I'll go"

But it's not a surprise. If somebody can name a Finnish sports league that is actually ran by pros and I will officially name you my idol during these Worlds.

Few lower price ticket examples: Lower price is rafter seats...and the higher price is the lower section (under the suites) of the arena.

France vs. Kazakstan: 36-56 eur.
Switzerland vs. Belarus: 70-90 eur.

Last edited by Finnpin: 05-01-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old
05-01-2012, 08:10 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
If somebody can name a Finnish sports league that is actually ran by pros and I will officially name you my idol during these Worlds.
The Floorball association is run by people who have the education, knowledge, and solid background with the sport. I think it shows.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
The Floorball association is run by people who have the education, knowledge, and solid background with the sport. I think it shows.
I still consider it be more amateur league. Money isn't involved that much. Money makes things harder.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
I still consider it be more amateur league. Money isn't involved that much. Money makes things harder.
Yeah, I'm aware. Though I figured I'd bring it up anyway, since when compared to the framework they operate within, they're far more professional than one could reasonably demand.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:39 AM
The Saw Is the Law

Finnish Ice Hockey Federation ruined these championships. Because them huge masses are focusing totally wrong things like ticket prices and tv fiasco.

Hockey World Championships have became swear word. Instead of the most hyped hockey tournament ever.

Believe me or not, the fiasco started as early as Vancouver 2010.

Quote:
They do their homework and the thing works. Two consecutive gold medals and huge athmosphere in 2010 competition which was held in Finland.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
welshrangersfan

Quote:
Wow, I'm impressed that you're coming from Wales to see some games . What's your team of choice?

Like most people in this thread I think it is ridiculous to discourage marginal fans from going by jacking up the ticket prices to stupid levels. You want the world cup to be a party for all involved. What good does it do to the status of the tournament if most games not played by the host nations will have arenas 1/4 full.

The swedish and finnish federations should swallow their pride and release tickets for games not involving any of the big 6 for around 100SEK or 10. At least that would make people go to the games.

Do it again and do it right.
I'm going as a 'neutral' and not cheering for any team, just hoping to see some good hockey

Old
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
It is... If you are a swede and get to use all the benefits. The prices overall in the country are.. high.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshhabsfan View Post
I'm going as a 'neutral' and not cheering for any team, just hoping to see some good hockey
Hopefully you could post your experiences during the trip here and enjoy Helsinki and Stockholm too.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Hopefully you could post your experiences during the trip here and enjoy Helsinki and Stockholm too.
Yeah.. I know the prices suck, but im kind of sick of this whining.. While i know its for absolutely reason, I think it just ruins the feeling.. everyone only whine about kummola and the prices. The reality must be there is also fans who have the tickets and who are going to watch the games and enjoy.. Its really great to see we have hockey fan coming from far to watch these games, respect.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
supermasif

According to this article, 80% of all the tickets for the games in Finland are sold. Sounds pretty good to me. In sweden it's barely touching 50%.
http://www.dn.se/sport/ishockey/ford...-i-vm-ekonomin

Old
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Finnpin

LOL

http://twitpic.com/9gfr7w

Old
05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
According to this article, 80% of all the tickets for the games in Finland are sold. Sounds pretty good to me. In sweden it's barely touching 50%.
http://www.dn.se/sport/ishockey/ford...-i-vm-ekonomin
BS. Team Finland games might be sold 80% but not all games in Finland.

Closed Thread