HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Gm#2: KINGS @ BLUES, 4/30/12, KINGS WIN 5-2, Lead Series 2-0 ...

Old
05-01-2012, 04:30 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

vCash: 500
Finished watching the game and my reaction in the first period: "What the **** is happening!?" I know the series is far from over, but going up 2-0 on the road sure feels good. I think we're winning the mental game against the Blues, and that can spell doom for them. Brown is unreal, and if Kopi, Richards and Carter really get it going like they did tonight, we could be unstoppable. Keep it rolling boys!

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Jetteroheller

Was an awesome win! Looking forward to many more like it!

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:02 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

So as predicted, I didn't get much sleep. Didn't see a lot of the third because I finally was able to fall asleep between periods, but the first was crazy and the Kings held their own in the second from what I saw.

Game three is going to be nuts at Staples.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:34 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Kings are going to the Finals you guys

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:52 AM
FOOTE
bloody hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Finished watching the game and my reaction in the first period: "What the **** is happening!?" I know the series is far from over, but going up 2-0 on the road sure feels good. I think we're winning the mental game against the Blues, and that can spell doom for them. Brown is unreal, and if Kopi, Richards and Carter really get it going like they did tonight, we could be unstoppable. Keep it rolling boys!
You are. The Blues are terrible at keeping their poise. The Kings are a great team as well, and the Blues simply have no answer right now. Listening to the radio at work will not be very fun today.

FOOTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:43 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Not sure if it was mentioned here yet but the last team to begin the playoffs 5-0 on the road were the 2004 Tampa Bay Lightning and they eventually went on to win the Cup.

Couldn't believe we potted 4 in the first. Tremendous win. Not huge fan of when Sutter was hired on but he has been pushing all the right buttons in the post season and has these guys believing and buying in.

I am loving it and enjoying the ride.

kovacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:33 AM
chaser39

Kudos to the Kings

Good Heavens.......Boy I am I glad I was stuck working last night and missed that clunker for the Blues. If I was watching, I probably would have turned it off. I have only done that once in my lifetime, and that was game 7 in 2000 against the Sharks. I got home about midnight (central time) and my wife told me that my 13 year old looked at her after the Kings made it 4-0 and said he didn't have time for this crap, and he went to bed. That is funny because those were close to the same words I told her in 2000. Anywho, congrats on the win last night. From what everyone has told me, it was men vs. boys. I am hopeful we can rebound, but the reality is, we are probably toast. Enjoy the 2 games in L.A. I need to tend to some emotional wounds.

chaser39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
When the Kings forwards want to drive to the front of the net, the Blues defensemen are just not strong enough to stop them. Even if Alex comes back in game 3, I don't see this changing. The Kings are the only ones that can beat the Kings in this series.

If the forwards drive the front of the net, the Kings will be hard to beat, they have the skill to finish their chances now. The blues defense just doesn't match up well with the Kings size up front.

Game 2 was supposed to be the Blues best game and they didn't even show up for the first shift of the game. Richards set the tone of the period on his first shift just like Giroux did for Philly against Pittsburgh.

Philly-Kings final would be epic for the NHL. Offense vs. defense.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hrudey View Post
That was a great game, good fast start and the Kings set that same tempo all game long. yeah the offense kinda lagged the last 2 periods but being up 5-1 who needs more offense? They did a great job of protecting the lead. Now we get to come home up 2-0 again I just hope this time we wont have to go back on the road to finish out the series. Im hoping for a Kings/Coyotes confrence final, we can beat the Coyotes in 4 games no doubt. Kings/Devils in the finals would be pretty interesting I think
Coyotes are the only team in the West I don't want to play and that seems to be what is going to happen.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
Coyotes are the only team in the West I don't want to play and that seems to be what is going to happen.
I think the Kings best can beat the Coyotes best. This is not Murray's Kings anymore.

I wouldn't count the Predators out yet either. I think Nashville took Phoenix too lightly and we will see if they have corrected that for their home games. I can see Nashville winning both in Nashville and making it a best of 3 series.

I see the Kings splitting again at home and going back to St. Louis to try and close out the series.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I think the Kings best can beat the Coyotes best. This is not Murray's Kings anymore.

I wouldn't count the Predators out yet either. I think Nashville took Phoenix too lightly and we will see if they have corrected that for their home games. I can see Nashville winning both in Nashville and making it a best of 3 series.

I see the Kings splitting again at home and going back to St. Louis to try and close out the series.
Yeah, I can still see that series going to 7. I too think we could beat Phoenix now, what a goalie battle that would be.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

LA is obviously going to win the cup... Every team that beats the Canucks always seems to win the damn cup haha.

/jinx

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

This is turning into the ultimate jinx thread. Let's ease up on the talk of potential opponents until we actually win 4 games. St Louis is still dangerous, and guys like Backes aren't going to just lay down.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:18 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
This is turning into the ultimate jinx thread. Let's ease up on the talk of potential opponents until we actually win 4 games. St Louis is still dangerous, and guys like Backes aren't going to just lay down.
Amen... "you don't get anything for 2 wins".

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Omni Owl

Game 3 should be a concern considering how hard we got worked over physically.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Can ANYONE please tell me what station Fox Sports Prime Ticket is on? I'm in Canada and want to find the stream online after games so I can listen to Bob and Jim! PLEAAAASE!!!!
Wait, whaaaaat? There's a local feed for this series? I've been watchIng the NBCSN/CNBC feed all this time.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:47 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Wait, whaaaaat? There's a local feed for this series? I've been watchIng the NBCSN/CNBC feed all this time.
There's a Kings Live postgame show airing after every Kings game on Fox Sports West or Prime Ticket with Bob and Jim hosting.

The games themselves are only on NBC Networks in the US or TSN in Canada.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Also, Penner was offsides on the GWG goal by carter.

Ah, good! I thought I was the only one who saw the obvious, obvious infraction. I'm very surprised the announcers didn't mention it, especially Dickward.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Pharseer

vCash: 431
Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Just let me celebrate coming home up 2-0. It's way too early to be looking ahead.

Thank you for saying that Driller, I fully expect the Blues to be ready for another battle come next game!

Pharseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Dunno, but this is how he played in Edmonton before the trade. Not sure how to explain it, but he certainly has been huge for us in the postseason all of a sudden. Good on Sutter for recognizing it and getting him up with Richards and Carter.

Wait, you've not heard of the term "laziness" before?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Ah, good! I thought I was the only one who saw the obvious, obvious infraction. I'm very surprised the announcers didn't mention it, especially Dickward.
Hawyard thinks the kings are always offside, especially when they play the ducks.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Hawyard thinks the kings are always offside, especially when they play the ducks.
Hearing him praising Quick was hilarious. Dude must have been dying inside

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Inf123

vCash: 544
Oiler fan here, I've been very impressed with how the kings have played. I'm really glad that Penner has had his off ice issues behind him now. I was one of the few that didn't want him traded away from the Oilers, but I'm glad he's playing awesome now. When he's on his game he's hard to stop.

Inf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Nice Win !!!

Congrats and win the next one !

05-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
It was Penner, of all people, who was so fast from the faceoff he beat Carter to the blue line, so everyone probably thought they imagined it

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote