HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 07:56 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

vCash: 500

You guys.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:11 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
I'm really depressed right now. It is going to be torture until Wednesday, I want them to play game 3 right now! And if they lose game 3, it will be THREE DAYS until game 4. Do you think the Rangers will win this series? I was so angry tonight with all the mistakes, bad calls, and freakin goal posts. Infuriating game especially since we outplayed them by so much.

I CANT STAND THE THOUGHT OF LOSING TO THIS TEAM FOR THE THIRD TIME IN FOUR YEARS and after Ovechkin scored on that BOGUS PENALTY he did that little Hulk Hogan thing, putting his hand to his ear. THAT GOT ME SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Please offer me some assurance that we will win this thing PLEASE. I'm scared by the time we come back to NY we will be down 3 games to 1.
Relax. I saw the post below made you take a step back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
I do, and I think it will be with us taking the next 3 straight to be honest. I don't normally say things like that, simply because Im generally the glass is half empty. But, with what I saw tonight, I have full confidence in us taking this series. We have dominated them in play for long stretches. Unlike Ottawa, they cant handle our speed, and forecheck. They don't have the horses to match, and their D wont handle our forecheck through this series. I suppose they could take 1 more and make it 6 games, but Im not betting on it.
This.

I've watched enough hockey to know when my favorite team is capable of beating another team in a seven game series and when they're not.

The Rangers, provided they keep doing what they have been doing, will win this series in five or six games.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Melrose_Jr.

I wanted to take another look at the Richards "penalty" this AM, so I watched NHL.com highlights. They've been conveniently edited so that ALL you see of the incident is 1 second snippet of Carlson flying through the air and Richards with his hand up.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
NJDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
as much as i like our lines...the shuffling i like because all of our players can play with each other no matter the lines...and it screws with the caps line matching....they put out the d and o lines they want for the gabby line and gabby's not out there and comes out on the next line and he gets more space than he normally would can lead to a goal...it didn't work tonight, but it did last game...so i think its good coaching
greetings......Rangers are playing some of the best hockey I've ever seen so i've been watching every game cause i enjoy it. I wouldn't read too much into the mini shuffle that's going on. Gaborik is the least of the Caps worries right now. (Despite Holtby being shaky, that win in MSG may have been just what he needed to get his confidence back in order) This is a battle of the goaltenders, otherwise Ovie steps in at the opportune time, and wa la! Gaborik needs to do the same thing for the Rangers. Richards looks like hes coming around from his concussion 4 years ago. Should be fine.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:40 AM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces out Dan View Post
I absolutely think the Rangers are gonna take this. I was not impressed with the Caps at the end of the season or round one, and I am still not impressed with them. I am a little disappointed there won't be a sweep, but winning it in 5 or 6 is fine. As I said on facebook: "NYR... WAKE UP! This is a soft, garbage opponent. Take the next 3 and get this creampuff ballet trash off the ice in 5. It's the playoffs... start banging with nasty intent and playing like this is the last chance you'll ever get to win a cup. Cuz bad calls or not, this series coulda been done in 4."

Sorry, but we are better in net, better on D, and should be attacking this team relentlessly. The Rangers looked solid tonight, but they're still missing a bit of a sense of urgency imo that I'd like to see. And if they fully bring it, this Caps team cannot match them in a 7 game series.
That is my biggest complaint about this team in the playoffs. They seem to lack that killer instinct that great teams have. When you get a team down you have to step on their neck. It's easy to forget how young this team is.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Reffing in the NHL is so inconsistent. It's a joke. And they wonder why some fans say it's fixed.
And players,too.......

Old
05-01-2012, 08:45 AM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
yes. this thread is stupid. yes. why are there so many bi-polar Ranger fans? Fire Torts. Torts for the Adams trophy. Marc Staal is untouchable. Marc Staal is horrible. MDZ, rookie phenom! MDZ, sophmore bust! trade the bum! I think I'm gonna start a "positive Ranger fan badge" campaign on avatars.
I'm with you! While I am disappointed.. **it happens, the Rangers are a good team and they was expected to be a 7th-8th place team. I'm thrilled they are in the playoffs and I have faith in the team, that they will continue to play the same style of game that won so many during the season.

LGR!!!!

And PS ill be a part of the campaign hahaha :p

Old
05-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Boy View Post
That play by Richards cannot be made in the last 10 min of a tied game in the playoffs. In any league. Inexcusable.
Fixed your post for ya...

Old
05-01-2012, 08:46 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

I thought they played well last night. Unfortunately they couldn't bury the biscuit (this seems to be a trend in these playoffs).

Honestly, they just beat themselves last night. Gotta cut down on the mistakes. Every goal counts, especially when your having difficulty offensively.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Just a reminder, folks. You can't use the term "Craps" when referring to the other team.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

It worries me that we manage to outplay the Caps yet still come up short. The 4-1 loss at the end of the season was the same, we were by far the better team yet somehow lost and last night was no different.

This series just seems like a polar opposite of the Sens series.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Just a reminder, folks. You can't use the term "Craps" when referring to the other team.
quick question.. why is that? Other team fans use the word "rags" when referring to us. No means of disrespect from my post.. just a question since "rags" means pretty much a tampon.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
quick question.. why is that? Other team fans use the word "rags" when referring to us. No means of disrespect from my post.. just a question since "rags" means pretty much a tampon.
It's because someone made a stink about people using the term "Rags" when referring to the Rangers. Now every fan base is campaigning for the "no bad names" agenda. If you see someone using that term to refer to the Rangers, just report it and a mod will delete it.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Synergy27

To all of the worry warts around here, just ask yourself one question. Does this series "feel" like the last two against the Caps? It certainly doesn't to me. It was obvious the Rangers were stealing games against them two years ago, the Caps were the better team and it showed in spite of some of the individual game results. This year feels like the opposite to me.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:03 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
It's because someone made a stink about people using the term "Rags" when referring to the Rangers. Now every fan base is campaigning for the "no bad names" agenda. If you see someone using that term to refer to the Rangers, just report it and a mod will delete it.
Not a dig at you or any mods but couldn't you just tell people to get a damn grip? People need to get thicker skin and stop being so bloody offended by the slightest thing.

Its actually pretty pathetic.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Okay thanks for clarifying, i appreciate it. That's fair enough, but i see it ALL the time in the trade rumors board and on the Stanley Cup forum with the Rangers and Caps thread.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1985 View Post
Im the same way. This team frustrates me to the point of breaking stuff.

Some call it idiotic, I call it passion. Or you can call me Amare Stoudemire.
When you drive the lane.
And you have no game.

That's Amare.

**** the Knicks.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:13 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...023118193.html

Old
05-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
Not a dig at you or any mods but couldn't you just tell people to get a damn grip? People need to get thicker skin and stop being so bloody offended by the slightest thing.

Its actually pretty pathetic.
Its not that i get offended by it. It just pisses me off because everyone else uses that term a lot and yet whenever i use their terms i get flagged for it. I believe that it should be fine to use the same terms when talking about them. "All is fair, in love and war."

Anyway, lets keep this thread on topic.

I just hate losing to a team that i dont believe we should lose to. I know every team has to lose games but im tired of losing to the caps and going back to DC, tied 1-1 in the series is a death sentence regardless of how well we played.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:15 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
Man, if anything I have TOO MUCH BACKBONE. I was slamming the radio to pieces tonight, cursing like a sailor over text to my friends, etc. The "one thing I need" is anger management, not backbone LOL.
Oh my goodness! You were cursing like a sailor over texts to your friends? Stand back everybody!!

Not sure what irrational anger has to do with backbone anyway, but I digress.

Oh, and one more thing you need. How bout a new avatar. Yours is kinda, well, pretty sad lookin.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:19 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Agreed! Especially since they gave a make up call 30 seconds earlier. Staal was high sticked earlier which wasn't called, so the refeering missed calls on both sides, which is normal, they're human after all. But a BS call like that with under 10 minutes is very weak.

Having said this, I'm happy the way we played, and am confident we will win the series, but it would help if:

-Gaborik were to start scoring
-Playing Anisimov more and not Prust when trailing (I thought Ani had a good game last night, but barely played 6 minutes I believe).-We keep on pounding their D, it will take its toll in the next few games.
-We avoid stupid costly mistakes.
A. Anisimov C 0 0 0 0 0 2 04:04 00:52 00:00 04:56
Agreed. He has the skills. He needs time to use it.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Unlike the last few times we've matched up against them, this was an example of them stealing a game. In previous years we would be the ones stealing a game or two. We will win this series.

RANGERS =
Old
05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Unlike the last few times we've matched up against them, this was an example of them stealing a game. In previous years we would be the ones stealing a game or two. We will win this series.
For me, last night did not fit into the 'stealing a game' category. Our wounds were all self-inflicted...serious bonehead plays by Bickell, Lundqvist and Richards led directly to three goals.

Washington is not as difficult to play against as Ottawa was, but they're skilled enough where our mistakes will more often wind up in the back of our net.

We have to lose those bonehead plays or this can keep happening.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:47 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Relax. I saw the post below made you take a step back.

This.

I've watched enough hockey to know when my favorite team is capable of beating another team in a seven game series and when they're not.

The Rangers, provided they keep doing what they have been doing, will win this series in five or six games.

And Tortorella appears to agree. All through the Ottawa series he stayed positive after losses always saying they played well. Last night he was obviously pissed and hard on the team. I think that is because he knew that the Rangers were going to have trouble with Ottawa's speed. He tried to be positive. I think he believes that the rangers should be able to handle the Caps in this round if they don't make any stupid mistakes. Which they did last night.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:50 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
For me, last night did not fit into the 'stealing a game' category. Our wounds were all self-inflicted...serious bonehead plays by Bickell, Lundqvist and Richards led directly to three goals.

Washington is not as difficult to play against as Ottawa was, but they're skilled enough where our mistakes will more often wind up in the back of our net.

We have to lose those bonehead plays or this can keep happening.
And don't forget Washington's second goal which was sliding wide of the net until it gets stuck on McDonagh's skate and goes into the net.

Closed Thread