HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
FOD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
What is the reason the refs are against the Rangers?

What is the reason that every fanbase is loaded with folks who cry that the refs are jobbing them?

Why is it that some people can't deal with the possibility that their team lost because the other team scored more goals?
And why can't people understand that it is not a conspiracy. The refs suck across the board.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Rangers looked great out there, they really just ****ed up twice that cost them the goals.

-Bickel's careless slow pass getting intercepted for a goal
-Henrik playing the puck off the glass and Chimera gets the puck to a open net

Cant take anything away from the Ovechkin shot though.

I said it before with Ottawa we have to overcome the slapshots and Anderson
&
with the Capitals it will be the blocked shots and Ovechkin on the PP

Old
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
crisb

The refs havent been too shabby in the playoffs to anybody. But anybody that thinks the refs cost us the game last night needs to get a grip.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

My friend who I was at the game with texted Ovechkin in the second period and wrote "Don't Score."

After the game Ovechkin texted him back and said "Too late my friend"

True story.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
The senators are leaps and bounds better than the caps. Crap loss but hey you can't win em all. Regroup and respond with a win in Washington. Game by game.
Agreed.. It is clearly obvious the Rangers are a lot better team than the Caps. I would not be surprised if the Rangers win the next 3 games and win this series in 5.
Far superior on defense and the offense is every bit as good or even better than the Caps.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
That is my biggest complaint about this team in the playoffs. They seem to lack that killer instinct that great teams have. When you get a team down you have to step on their neck. It's easy to forget how young this team is.
Good post. It's a combination of our youth and a lack of offensive thrust that at times prevents us from finishing off an opponent. We really need for Gaborik to pop a goal or two if we are going to have long term success going forward in the playoffs.
I don't see any reason why the Rangers can't gain at the very least a split of the next two games in Washington.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Bardof425*

Anisimov played under 5. Boyle over 15. Epic fail on Torts' part. Arty was really going last night and he sits him and throws BB out there. Boyle had a good two weeks; got hurt and last night looked like the Brian Boyle from the majority of the season; not good. And as much as I appreciate Prust for what he does on the PK and in the scrapping department, this is the playoffs and he should be under 8 minutes a game as should Boyle and Feds. The Anisimov, Mitchell, Rupp line was 10 times more effective than the Boyle line yet Torts and his mancrush tilted the ice time the wrong way and it hurt the team.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:16 AM
rangersbaby

Richards assist on cally goal

Just curious how Richards gets an assist on cally goal and not stepan???

Old
05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
compilation of reasons to think that the refs are haters--
1: not just the refs-- whole league. something around the lockout seems to have started it+ tortorella is a jackass + some of the worst fan atmosphere in the league + avery + colin campbell was super mad + shanahan was a ranger and doesn't want to look biased + crosby doesn't like new york and the leauge wuvs him
2: every team gets bad calls. there are some calls in recent history that aren't even really debatable. not many people think that the league doesn't at least fix SOME games-- or at least enhance the drama involved in order to increase the casual fan base. (see:the winter classic penalty shot and the not-waved-off kicking goal from game 6 of the sens/rangers series)
3:who says anything about not being able to deal with the fact that the caps scored more goals? it's the principal of getting back to back calls on us and non-calls on them with 10 minutes left in a tied game. boyle gets hooked for a good 5 seconds, falls down and lands on the guy's stick-- gets a holding the stick call. brad richards is skating on the blue line, guy skates into him (not going at the puck) and shoves him, richards pushes back and gets called for a hold. not the end of the world, but it effected the rest of the game... not only because they scored, but because back to back pks caused a momentum change.

the league makes money off of drama. it keeps people talking.

shea weber agrees.
If you believe that a single hockey game is fixed you are a complete fool to waste your time rooting.

You might as well root for professional wrestlers.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If you believe that a single hockey game is fixed you are a complete fool to waste your time rooting.

You might as well root for professional wrestlers.

weber disagrees.

if you don't believe that there is a possibility that any hockey games are fixed, then you clearly aren't very observant. (and you probably didn't watch bettman nba either)

Old
05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersbaby View Post
Just curious how Richards gets an assist on cally goal and not stepan???
Steps got snubbed there. Should be Cally from Del Zotto and Stepan.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:29 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

There some Bruin fan/s that think the Caps are in the Rangers head. lol

Old
05-01-2012, 10:31 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post

weber disagrees.

if you don't believe that there is a possibility that any hockey games are fixed, then you clearly aren't very observant. (and you probably didn't watch bettman nba either)
The Weber incident was simply a product of the longstanding moratorium on suspensions for star players.

You're implying some sort of sinister plot when all there is is general incompetence.

RANGERS =
Old
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
rangersbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Steps got snubbed there. Should be Cally from Del Zotto and Stepan.
Do all goals not get reviewed and changed appropriately. It's really a joke to miss this kinda stuff.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersbaby View Post
Do all goals not get reviewed and changed appropriately. It's really a joke to miss this kinda stuff.
It's rare and yeah on a goal like this especially i thought it looked pretty obvious. It is kind of weird that they would miss this one.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
averyrule

For the first time in these playoffs I'm actually not worried at all. As people here have said, we are clearly the better team. If we don't give them mistakes to capitalize on, the caps simply cannot beat us. I was worried when we were playing The sens because we were being outplayed for large portions of the games. This series has not been like that at all. Don't give the caps any more gifts and we should take this series. Rangers in 5!

Old
05-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by averyrule View Post
For the first time in these playoffs I'm actually not worried at all. As people here have said, we are clearly the better team. If we don't give them mistakes to capitalize on, the caps simply cannot beat us. I was worried when we were playing The send because we were being outplayed for large portions of the games. This series has not been like that at all. Don't give the caps any more gifts and we should take this series. Rangers in 5!
I agree. I'm not half as worried as I was in round 1. Maybe that's not a good thing I don't know, Rangers are just better than Washington. I think we advance and beat Philly in the next round and probably lose in the finals to LA.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
For the first time in these playoffs I'm actually not worried at all. As people here have said, we are clearly the better team.
I am very confident also...

Old
05-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Rangers looked great out there, they really just ****ed up twice that cost them the goals.

-Bickel's careless slow pass getting intercepted for a goal
-Henrik playing the puck off the glass and Chimera gets the puck to a open net

Cant take anything away from the Ovechkin shot though.

I said it before with Ottawa we have to overcome the slapshots and Anderson
&
with the Capitals it will be the blocked shots and Ovechkin on the PP
I would expect to see Emminger in there next game Poe

Old
05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Anisimov played under 5. Boyle over 15. Epic fail on Torts' part. Arty was really going last night and he sits him and throws BB out there. Boyle had a good two weeks; got hurt and last night looked like the Brian Boyle from the majority of the season; not good. And as much as I appreciate Prust for what he does on the PK and in the scrapping department, this is the playoffs and he should be under 8 minutes a game as should Boyle and Feds. The Anisimov, Mitchell, Rupp line was 10 times more effective than the Boyle line yet Torts and his mancrush tilted the ice time the wrong way and it hurt the team.
Hunter screwed up Torts game plan big time by not playing Ovi in lead at all. As a result Boyle line played most of its time against some one else and let Ovi score when he showed up anyway. Torts lost this game, not the players, not even Lundqvist who wasn't much above Good. Out of position on Ovechkin shot, enough said.
It is one thing to tell players we go about our business as usual and expect them to hold up well or at least not to fail out there; it is a different story to be outplayed by opposing coach quietly yet decisively. Even if a few posts MDZ hit would be goals, Torts needs to adjust his tactic (not strategy) tomorrow.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
For the first time in these playoffs I'm actually not worried at all. As people here have said, we are clearly the better team. If we don't give them mistakes to capitalize on, the caps simply cannot beat us. I was worried when we were playing The sens because we were being outplayed for large portions of the games. This series has not been like that at all. Don't give the caps any more gifts and we should take this series. Rangers in 5!
Agreed except I think it might go 6. Hoping to be wrong there, though.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:05 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
This x100000

He played his best in game 1, Boyle should not fill his spot. Boyle should have gone to the 4th line with PK minutes in his return. He wasn't ready for those minutes after sitting a few games out. Anisimov was working really hard out there and to not reward him with more minutes played is unreal to me. He's got more offense to his game, so I don't see why, when we were trailing by 1 most of the game, that Anisimov, who scored last game could not make an impact in that game.

I hope he sees more ice-time in game 3 because he was really good in game 1
Yup, not going to crap on Boyle (he's been outstanding at the end of the regular season and in the 1st round when he played) but he simply didn't have legs and his timing was off after missing the game.

However, I completely agree that Torts should have realized it before or during the game and give Anisimov more ice time - Artem was good in the first game and yesterday he would've earned 2 assist in his limited time on ice if Rupp converts on his one-on-one or Mitchell converts the rebound into mostly empty net off of Artem's shot. Well, it's over with and hopefully Boyle timing is back in the next game.

Separately, both fans are correct, these - that blame the loss on the soft penalties called by the refs and fans - that say it's players own fault due to brain cramps on the first two goals against, it's just a perspective thing.

If it's an incremental view - then the Rangers dug themselves out of the 2 goal deficit they created on their own and then were sucked but refs' calls. If it's a "wholistic" view - then the view is that the Rangers would've prevailed even with the refs calls if not for allowing these soft early goals against.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:18 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

How did Torts lose the game when 2 goals were directly the fault of the players? Wow.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Sticky Fingers

One bad decision by the refs, it happens every game and sometimes it happens to us. Whatevva, moving on. Atill think we look better in the game.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's because someone made a stink about people using the term "Rags" when referring to the Rangers. Now every fan base is campaigning for the "no bad names" agenda. If you see someone using that term to refer to the Rangers, just report it and a mod will delete it.

wow, tissue-paper feelings on the internet.

ok, whatever it takes.