HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

NHL Playoffs Coverage in mexico

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Kruschiki

vCash: 500
NHL Playoffs Coverage in mexico

I'm looking for some latin america expertise. I'll be in Puebla, MX during the playoff's this year, and I was wondering how someone down their might catch the different series.

I've checked out ultravision's web site to see what they carry as far as channels, but was looking for perhaps a venue to watch hockey.

Any info would be a big help.

Old
03-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Chileiceman

Well, I live in Chile, but I know that right now in all latin america the only option to watch hockey is through downloading games off center ice forums. I e-mailed ESPN a while back asking if they were going to pick up the international rights to the NHL, and they said they were in talks with them, but wouldn't have news until the end of the month.
So there is still hope. Ask here for more info for Mexico as there are some mexicans in this forum. http://forums.go.com/espndeportes/fo...&byThread=true

Old
03-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Jazz

Send a message via ICQ to Jazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman
Well, I live in Chile, but I know that right now in all latin america the only option to watch hockey is through downloading games off center ice forums. I e-mailed ESPN a while back asking if they were going to pick up the international rights to the NHL, and they said they were in talks with them, but wouldn't have news until the end of the month.
So there is still hope. Ask here for more info for Mexico as there are some mexicans in this forum. http://forums.go.com/espndeportes/fo...&byThread=true
Off topic, but how did you become a hockey fan down there? Or are you a transplant?

Old
03-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Off topic, but how did you become a hockey fan down there? Or are you a transplant?
I'm a transplant. I'm Canadian, but I've been living here since I was 4 . I guess it just runs in my veins, eh?
But there are quite a few fans that are not transplants in Latin America. They've gotten to be fans by watching games on ESPN back when they showed them or by playing hockey video games

Last edited by Chileiceman: 03-18-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Closed Thread