HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Del Zotto - making it a 6 on 4 since 2010.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:54 AM
theJUMPER

vCash: 500
The one thing I was worried about with MDZ's game was his chippyness.

Any worry of that went poof with how he dealt with Chris Neil. He stepped up.

MDZ is good in both ends of the ice, ALREADY.

I look forward to him playing here for the next decade.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:06 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
He's 21. He's obviously gonna need to develop a few more seasons, like almost all d-men do. But he was 18th among d-men in pts this season, top 30 in hits, +20, and played 22:30 a game. He is coming along great. Seriously, he's 21.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:18 AM
darko

I think he's just fine defensively. He's no McDonagh or Staal but he's not too shabby.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Pugs35

He was one of the best players on the ice last night, seriously. He set up our only 2 goals and could have had 2 others. He didn't play that 3 on 2 perfect but damn give him a break.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

hes literally improved on everything from last season except he still misses the net a little too much

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
He was one of the best players on the ice last night, seriously. He set up our only 2 goals and could have had 2 others. He didn't play that 3 on 2 perfect but damn give him a break.
Agree. I typically give DZ a harder time than most... but the kid was great last night. One bad error that unfortunately led to a goal (though don't forget Bickel's contribution to that play). Mistakes are gonna happen, especially with young guys. He played very well tonight. Good passing and he established a great, hard shot from deep that kept Holtby honest, opened up the ice, and nearly netted 2 goals.

Let's stop the chicken little stuff.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Chalfdiggity3

I know he is only 21 but for every good play he makes, he seems to even it out with a bad play or poorly executed move. Besides that when he shoots he either scores or completely misses the net. Sometimes he just needs to learn to put a hard low shot on goal for a rebound play. I guess we will find out what type of player he will become but I think he gets overrated bc he is our only offensive dman.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:50 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

My only real complaint about him is that he misses the net quite a bit.

Then again, I have that complaint about most of our defensemen. How many times down Girardi's shots not even reach the net?

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:15 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
My only real complaint about him is that he misses the net quite a bit.

Then again, I have that complaint about most of our defensemen. How many times down Girardi's shots not even reach the net?
Oh you mean when he's not aiming for the boards?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I think he's just fine defensively. He's no McDonagh or Staal but he's not too shabby.
Last night was the first time he was noticeable in the playoffs (aside from the hit on Neil). Maybe his hip has finally healed.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Thought Del Zotto has been fine, as has the rest of the defense, sans Stu Bickel who was OK in limited time until last night's massive error.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thought Del Zotto has been fine, as has the rest of the defense, sans Stu Bickel who was OK in limited time until last night's massive error.
Agreed. It's unfortunate that Bickel's "moment" is now that major gaff, instead of the diving save he made against the Sens in game 3.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Guy is incredible to watch on O but holy cow he is just horrid on the D. He was completely, completely out of it tonight on D.
I've stated it many times in the past about Del Zotto; he has God given offensive talent especially his passing and reads on the ice. He should always be on the ice when Gabby and Richards line is out there.
Defensively, he made significant progress this year to improve his game and for the most part, he had a fairly good year.
My biggest concern with MDZ going forward is his lack of a high hockey I.Q. may hold him back from reaching his full potential as he matures.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Rangers1985

It was Bickel's error to begin with, and when youre getting that little of TOI, you have to limit any mistakes and keep it simple, not make ******** cross ice passes like he did.

Rangers1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Think hes been very good all around, and the best part is hes very young.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:21 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Guy is incredible to watch on O but holy cow he is just horrid on the D. He was completely, completely out of it tonight on D.
you need . He was awful? Did you watch Bickel's assist on caps goal or when Lundqvist messed up? Del Zotto played good. He could've easily had a hattrick with a bit of luck. Don't blame Del Zotto when it was 2 huge mistakes by 2 other players that cost us 2 goals.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I've stated it many times in the past about Del Zotto; he has God given offensive talent especially his passing and reads on the ice. He should always be on the ice when Gabby and Richards line is out there.
Defensively, he made significant progress this year to improve his game and for the most part, he had a fairly good year.
My biggest concern with MDZ going forward is his lack of a high hockey I.Q. may hold him back from reaching his full potential as he matures.
Contradicting yourself? He sees the play awesome, with great reads and passes but his hockey IQ is low?

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Agreed. It's unfortunate that Bickel's "moment" is now that major gaff, instead of the diving save he made against the Sens in game 3.
Im pulling for the guy, but wow, that was bad last night. For a guy who needs to keep his game simple to succeed, it was almost bizarre that he would try to make that pass.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im pulling for the guy, but wow, that was bad last night. For a guy who needs to keep his game simple to succeed, it was almost bizarre that he would try to make that pass.
It was pretty puzzling. Just seems like he changed his mind as the puck was coming off of his stick and couldn't decide between passing or dumping it to the far corner. Ironically, Del Zotto made a very similar play later in the game, but fortunately our forwards weren't so deep in the zone.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Contradicting yourself? He sees the play awesome, with great reads and passes but his hockey IQ is low?
Let me clarify; he is a terrific passer but he doesn't always make the best decisions especially in the defensive end of the ice. His decision making on the pp could also be much better.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
yep...perfect time to start a MDZ sucks thread.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

MDZ is going to be a 50+ point d-man who's good in both zones.

Some people take him for granted now that our blueline is so stacked, but whatever. It happened with Staal and now it'll happen with MDZ.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Nur al Din

I dont think the problem is with MDZ... I think the issue is the PAIRING of Bickel and MDZ. MDZ isnt skilled enough to handle Bickel's mistakes (poor puck control/confidence), like Staal could...

When they werent paired together, MDZ was great!!!

Nur al Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
MDZ is going to be a 50+ point d-man who's good in both zones.

Some people take him for granted now that our blueline is so stacked, but whatever. It happened with Staal and now it'll happen with MDZ.
Don't think if MDZ will ever come to be as underappreciated as Staal for the simple reason that he puts up flashy numbers. Staal is underappreciated because his game is too subtle for many people to notice. MDZ gets to handle the puck in prime scoring situations and make flashy plays.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:04 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

I don't mInd him at all. Could improve on D.

Disregarding last night he couldn't get the puck on the net during a power play always left or right. Ever try the del Zotto drinking game??

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote