HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Rangers, Game 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by averyrule View Post
For the first time in these playoffs I'm actually not worried at all. As people here have said, we are clearly the better team. If we don't give them mistakes to capitalize on, the caps simply cannot beat us. I was worried when we were playing The sens because we were being outplayed for large portions of the games. This series has not been like that at all. Don't give the caps any more gifts and we should take this series. Rangers in 5!
Totally agree with this statement, and the reasoning behind it. Very confident...which means I should probably be worried after all lol

Old
05-01-2012, 02:32 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Steve Zipay ‏ @stevezipay
Boyle, one of the straightforward guys in the room: "I stunk. I have to be better. I'm not going to accept that, and coaches won't either "

RANGERS =
Old
05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Pshaw!!!!! And that gets you down? That's nuttin. I have probably the all time longest losing streak that defies odds to such a degree that I'm convinced god simply just hates me. In my career as a hockey fan, I'm a whopping 0-27 at home games. Swear on everything that isn't exaggerated one bit. Year after year I try. Year after year, game after game, I SWEAR this one will be the one I finally get to see a win! But nope. Never comes. 27 games and not once has it come. So know what I did? I didn't go once this year. Didn't go once. I knew we had something good so I was too terrified to go. Seriously. That's how psychologically damaged I am. I'm actually at the point now of being terrified of going.

So trust me, seeing 2 playoff wins would be a fantasy for me.
How is that even possible? Makes me feel lucky that I've seen them win 20 games at home this year alone

Old
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
XLJ

Arty playing less than 5 minutes was a joke. He was very good in his limited ice time. Torts falls too in love with guys like Boyle and Prust. They are 4th line players.

I'm not too impressed with Washington. Ottawa was a better team. I think the Rangers beat them in 5 or 6 games.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
MSGFaithful

I was more worried going into Game 3 last series than I am tomorrow. We've outplayed Washington so much it's not even funny. We will win tomorrow.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:57 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

The only thing I'm worried about is that this team needs another consistent goal scorer. With Gaborik MIA there are way too many prime scoring opportunities being wasted. We also need to do a better job getting to rebounds. Holtby's rebound control is very suspect.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Torts can't roll three lines all series, it won't work. After a long 7 game series, he needs to play all of his players, and last night he didn't have anyone besides Bickel that shouldn't have been able to play somewhat meaningful minutes. Artie should get 10+ minutes almost every game. He has more offense than Boyle, and the 3rd line in game one was one of the better lines. It shouldn't have been broken up with Boyle coming back. Artie deserved that ice time and until he plays his way out of it, should he have been removed from that spot.

I don't mind Boyle on the 3rd line, but you don't take minutes away from a better offensive player and one that you don't lose much defense with when the team is down for the majority of the game.

Eminger has to play in game 3. Bickel was terrible last game, and we know Eminger can play being he played in game 1. He's capable of playing 10 minutes in games because we have seen him play 20 when people were hurt in the regular season. The fascination with Bickel when the other team has almost no tough guys is unreal. We have Rupp and Prust to deal with any kind of those players to begin with, we don't need Bickel for toughness.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Steve Zipay ‏ @stevezipay
Boyle, one of the straightforward guys in the room: "I stunk. I have to be better. I'm not going to accept that, and coaches won't either "
Boyle seems like a very decent person, even if he has hit his talent ceiling as a player.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:07 PM
VanIsle

I have $40 riding on this series, so the Rangers better come through with a solid effort and get these Caps out of the playoffs and onto the golf course.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:23 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by averyrule View Post
For the first time in these playoffs I'm actually not worried at all. As people here have said, we are clearly the better team. If we don't give them mistakes to capitalize on, the caps simply cannot beat us. I was worried when we were playing The sens because we were being outplayed for large portions of the games. This series has not been like that at all. Don't give the caps any more gifts and we should take this series. Rangers in 5!
Agree with this completely. The Rangers beat themselves last night. Their only goals came off huge blunders by our players. The Caps didn't really create anything on their own last night.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:28 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
I have $40 riding on this series, so the Rangers better come through with a solid effort and get these Caps out of the playoffs and onto the golf course.
Or else what? Rent won't be paid?

Old
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Or else what? Rent won't be paid?
The rents too damnhigh!

Old
05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Totally agree with this statement, and the reasoning behind it. Very confident...which means I should probably be worried after all lol
Yep. I felt we were the better team against the Sens but they pushed us every game. Here, it feels like we're dominating every other shift...which means with my luck we'll lose in 6.

It's the same way I felt in the regular season- i'm not used to being comfortable with this team. That usually means bad things await.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
OneWithTheShark
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Both Ranger Fan's and Washington Fans are embarrassing themselves in these threads blaming the refs, diving, the newest harry potter book, as the reason for losing.

If we eliminate two mental mistakes this game is ours, If we continue to play this way we should be able to take the series. It reminds me of our playoff series last year just in reverse
CAPS FAN here

I agree for the most part. Refs are the refs, it's like it's a team's secondary job to get by the ref's making bad calls and dealing with it. I'll fully admit watching the game last night my caps should have been in the box a few other times. But I'm sorry, that tripping call on Green was total bs. When he blew the whistle I thought for sure he was sending a Rag off to the box. I think either game could have gone either way. I'm still in shock they've come so far with such a poor season behind them and a 3rd string goal tender that I swear is an alien. I'm just thankful that if they lose there's no where near as much bad blood between these two teams as there was last year.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTheShark View Post
CAPS FAN here

I agree for the most part. Refs are the refs, it's like it's a team's secondary job to get by the ref's making bad calls and dealing with it. I'll fully admit watching the game last night my caps should have been in the box a few other times. But I'm sorry, that tripping call on Green was total bs. When he blew the whistle I thought for sure he was sending a Rag off to the box. I think either game could have gone either way. I'm still in shock they've come so far with such a poor season behind them and a 3rd string goal tender that I swear is an alien. I'm just thankful that if they lose there's no where near as much bad blood between these two teams as there was last year.
Ranger.

And yes, the Green tripping call was phantom... no contact was ever made.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:09 PM
WeWillWinTonight

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
This whole thing is a lot bigger than your 40 bucks man, no pun intended.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Ranger.
****ing craps fans.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Rangers1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Boyle seems like a very decent person, even if he has hit his talent ceiling as a player.

Yeah, Boyle has caught a lot of flack over the years but these playoffs, hes really gotten a lot of respect from me. Easily one of my favorite Rangers. Good guy. Really, they all are.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Unpredictable1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Ranger.

And yes, the Green tripping call was phantom... no contact was ever made.
While I didn't think it should have been called at all, I thought for sure it was Green's lower leg/skate that whacked Kreider across the top of the knee causing him to tumble.

Kreider didn't dive, but Green wasn't really tripping him either. It was just the way he was falling after getting flattened.

Do you have a clip that supports no contact? I truly think there was.

edit: actually here ya go... maybe Green kinda knew what he was doing once you see the replay.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
While I didn't think it should have been called at all, I thought for sure it was Green's lower leg/skate that whacked Kreider across the top of the knee causing him to tumble.

Kreider didn't dive, but Green wasn't really tripping him either. It was just the way he was falling after getting flattened.

Do you have a clip that supports no contact? I truly think there was.

edit: actually here ya go... maybe Green kinda knew what he was doing once you see the replay.

This is a trip. The fact that someone thought there was no contact, well it makes me shake my head.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWithTheShark View Post
CAPS FAN here

It sounds like you atleast agree that the calls where not favoring one team.

Agreed, and If they were to lose this series, would Most caps fans consider this season a success? You guys entered the season with cup or bust expectations, then fell apart only to play well again in the playoffs. Is it still cup or bust?

Old
05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Unpredictable1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
This is a trip. The fact that someone thought there was no contact, well it makes me shake my head.
Actually, now that I watched that slow mo and got a better look because I only got to see it during live play and immediately after, Green did know what he was doing there.

Refs actually made the right call there.

Oh well lol

Old
05-01-2012, 09:00 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yep. He trips him with his skate. Don't know why the announcers were talking about the stick.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Actually, now that I watched that slow mo and got a better look because I only got to see it during live play and immediately after, Green did know what he was doing there.

Refs actually made the right call there.

Oh well lol
Green, after looking at the replay, still was mad at the call. Another head scratcher! lol

Old
05-01-2012, 09:08 PM
FlyersFun
Rookie User

never seen so much whining about the officiating, they'll always be calls fans don't like.....Lindqvist cost the Rangers the game, not the officiating....

Closed Thread