HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Possible U-Free Agent Signing for LA Kings

Old
05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
The Judge

vCash: 500
2012 Possible U-Free Agent Signing for LA Kings

I know it's a bit too early for that. But I can't help it.

First off, I would like to see Gagne's contract bought out.

I would like to see Detroit's Hudler on LW with Richards and Cater to add more speed and offense.Scored 25 goals this rear.

Taylor Pyatt of the Yotes on our 4th line LW will be a nice pick up.
Would like us to take a chance on Wings' Fabian Brunnstromfor a 2 way contract. Should be cheap.

Your thoughts guys....

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Nex06

I want the biggest fish, Parise.

Edit: Penner out, of course, I think we could afford it.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Just say no to Hudler.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Gagne won't be bought out. He only has one more year left and I am sure the organization wants to see him with Richards and Carter first. Also not a fan of any player you named, especially Hudler.

Not to mention that Gagne is sort of a backup in case we strike out completely this offseason. We will have Brown, Kopitar, Williams, Richards, Carter, and Gagne signed which make up a solid top 6. Also, if Gagne goes down, we have more offensive prospects that will be available next year to take his place and get experience rather than just King and Richardson this year.

I think LA will be making a big decision this offseason. Dean needs to decide if he can rely on the core finally. He's been telling them to step up for some time now and has been buying mercenary talent trying to wait for them to spark and now they seem to have finally sparked some life into the team, but for how long and is this what we can expect every year from here on out? Tough choice. Do we stick with Stoll and Penner, or do we jettison them and go after a big fish or other similar pieces?

No matter what, we will be giving a call to Parise, Suter, and Semin. The first two are obviously our first choice, but I think if we strike out we will call Semin, he has been beasting in the playoffs this year and we've had interest before. Either way, our options have increase ten fold with the emergence of some of our players recently. We can actually stay afloat without looking for the big name, we have some prospects who are looking really good right now, and our players are starting to play up to their potential.

However, the salary cap is looking like it may take another big jump this offseason, which would likely put us up near the $13-15+ million in cap space... We will have the money to do some damage if Lombardi feels the need to stack our team, which he probably wouldn't hesitate to do if a Parise or Suter decides they want to play for LA...

Lots of things to consider. Will be an exciting offseason no matter what after what we've accomplished thus far in the postseason.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:06 PM
SuperAlmeida

David Jones!

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:09 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Remember there will be a NEW CBA this off season and that should and could make things interesting]

I forgot that Gagner was a king

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:11 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Just say no to Hudler.
I'm undecided on him. Normally I'd agree, but I could see him being like what Kristian Huselius was under Sutter in Calgary. He had some of his best years under Sutter.

I think we need to get one more top six forward, and we need a big bodied third liner.

Naturally, we have to at least kick the tires on Parise. one would only think our current post-season run is helping matters, and if we do get to the third round or beyond, it can only be seen as a positive.

Beyond him, there's not a great deal out there that wows me a top six talent, so, unless a guy like Hudler fits in with Sutter, I can see them standing pat in the UFA market. There's also a chance that DL gives Semin a chance to redeem himself if he's desperate and the money is right, but I'm not holding my breathe and I'm no longer in favor of him coming here as anything more than a rental.

I don't want gagne's contract bought out unless he's both A) coming back, and B) not likely to be even half-ass in DL/DS eyes. I'd rather stick him on LTIR than buy him out.

I think where we are most likely to get something in UFA is for the third line, that big bodied precense that we need to replace Handzus/Simmonds/Smyth/Penner.

To be fair, Penner's looked fairly good this post-season, but that said I doubt he'd want to comeback, let alone us wanting him back. that said, I'd take him for a full season if he was willing to take a one year deal at $1 - $1.5 million or so. He's been crap as a scoring forward much of the time, but he's great depth to have and a nice sized body that is capable of way more.

My wish list though is for a guy like Gaustad, someoen who can put up some points and offer up a big body to hit and screen the front of the net. Get him in for Penner if we let Penner walk. Holloway in for Richardson as well. Assuming Stoll walks, find a centre who can win faceoffs and isn't an offensive sieve.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:11 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Gagne won't be bought out. He only has one more year left and I am sure the organization wants to see him with Richards and Carter first. Also not a fan of any player you named, especially Hudler.

Not to mention that Gagne is sort of a backup in case we strike out completely this offseason. We will have Brown, Kopitar, Williams, Richards, Carter, and Gagne signed which make up a solid top 6. Also, if Gagne goes down, we have more offensive prospects that will be available next year to take his place and get experience rather than just King and Richardson this year.

I think LA will be making a big decision this offseason. Dean needs to decide if he can rely on the core finally. He's been telling them to step up for some time now and has been buying mercenary talent trying to wait for them to spark and now they seem to have finally sparked some life into the team, but for how long and is this what we can expect every year from here on out? Tough choice. Do we stick with Stoll and Penner, or do we jettison them and go after a big fish or other similar pieces?

No matter what, we will be giving a call to Parise, Suter, and Semin. The first two are obviously our first choice, but I think if we strike out we will call Semin, he has been beasting in the playoffs this year and we've had interest before. Either way, our options have increase ten fold with the emergence of some of our players recently. We can actually stay afloat without looking for the big name, we have some prospects who are looking really good right now, and our players are starting to play up to their potential.

However, the salary cap is looking like it may take another big jump this offseason, which would likely put us up near the $13-15+ million in cap space... We will have the money to do some damage if Lombardi feels the need to stack our team, which he probably wouldn't hesitate to do if a Parise or Suter decides they want to play for LA...

Lots of things to consider. Will be an exciting offseason no matter what after what we've accomplished thus far in the postseason.
Good post!

Old
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I would re-sign Penner and still go after Parise. You can never have enough depth.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
I would like to see Detroit's Hudler on LW with Richards and Cater to add more speed and offense.Scored 25 goals this rear.
He scored 25 goals from his rear? Damn, that's too much flatulence to comprehend.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Agreed.

I want to add that with that cap room we literally could sign both guys (if only we could be so lucky) because immediately after a Suter deal, Scuderi will be shipped for picks and prospects.

Gagne has to stay unless he retires on his own but his money goes to Quick.

Ideally I'd want just Parise and a discounted 2 mil Penner. Stoll can come back for 1 mil if he wishes to. Then there's a few mil left just in case...

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Nex06

I am almost certain that Dean will NOT give Semin a call (or his agent). Semin is everything that Lombardi dislikes about a player and there is no way he is interested spending big money on players like him.

The other night I was watching Washington game and realized that different announcers have been using literally 20+ different ways to describe Semin. My favorite has to be "enigmatic". To me "enigmatic" is a culmination of couple of different, more direct criticisms of Semin. I believe that Lombardi will not sign an enigmatic player.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I think DL will try Parise but it's a pipe dream.

Won't be shocked if we retain one/two of Stoll, Penner, Fraser on the cheap.

Quick will get a raise.

Maybe Kozun, Toffoli, Vey, or Holloway get a chance.

Loktionov needs to have a strong camp.

I would shop Bernier at the Draft.

Hickey or Muzzin will be promoted to DD44 spot or maybe shopped in Hickey's case.

Gagne is a big deal, may be the cornerstone to what moves get made.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Minor Boarding

buying out Gagne and then signing Hudler? Facepalm time.

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I bet Stoll resigns for less (obviously) than he is making now. He loves it here, and I think Lombardi is a fan of his.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Ideally I'd want just Parise and a discounted 2 mil Penner. Stoll can come back for 1 mil if he wishes to. Then there's a few mil left just in case...
LOL. Come on, man. You think that Penner and Stoll are going to get 3M? No way. We will certainly have guessing threads after season is over.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I think DL will try Parise but it's a pipe dream.

Won't be shocked if we retain one/two of Stoll, Penner, Fraser on the cheap.

Quick will get a raise.

Maybe Kozun, Toffoli, Vey, or Holloway get a chance.

Loktionov needs to have a strong camp.

I would shop Bernier at the Draft.

Hickey or Muzzin will be promoted to DD44 spot or maybe shopped in Hickey's case.

Gagne is a big deal, may be the cornerstone to what moves get made.
Quick's deal is good until 2013 and he can't sign a new deal until July 1st, 2012, his raise won't affect next season's cap. This is after the draft. No way does Dean move Bernier before Quick is re-signed.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
He scored 25 goals from his rear? Damn, that's too much flatulence to comprehend.
LOL!

My bad!

Old
05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Wooty

I am not very good at talking about money and contracts like you guys but

I wonder about Bernier's value. I have confidence in him that even if he needed to come in next game he would bring good results but...

1) He is a basic butterfly goalie and I think that is not as strong in the NHL anymore (Luongo is another example)
2) He doesn't get near enough time to show value

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Perro

I would like to go after Parise (obviously)
Once we lose out on him I would go after Doan, Moen, Parenteau
On the back end (I would like to get a bonifide blue liner) again once we miss out on Suter.
Stuart, Carle, Hannan.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I think Stoll's going to wind up staying and for some reason he's been good this playoffs so I'm good with that. Penner, who knows.

Huselius would be a good cheap-ish target if he was healthy.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I would like to go after Parise (obviously)
Once we lose out on him I would go after Doan, Moen, Parenteau
On the back end (I would like to get a bonifide blue liner) again once we miss out on Suter.
Stuart, Carle, Hannan.
Yuck.

A free agent defenseman is very unnecessary, unless it was a guy like Suter who you obviously have to make room for.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

I think Penner and Stoll are both gone.

As for Semin, I remember asking Dean at the 2010 hockeyfest (after the state of the kings thing) about him and he said he has the skill he wants.

also, when i brought up whether penner's conditioning would be a road block if he wants to acquire him, he said, "he was fat in Anaheim."

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:20 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

I don't see LA signing Parise. Dean will save cap space to re-sign Quick in 2013. LA should either re-sign Penner or go after the best big, scoring forward on the market, or possibly trade for that player...maybe someone like Landeskog, Oshie, or Nash. Small players will not find success in the current LA system as teams will now be targeting LA for big hits.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Stoll will be back at 2-3 years around 2.75-3mil a year. Kings try for Parise. If they don't get him, they deal Bernier/Loktionov for a good top LWer. Gagne bought out unless we miss out on Parise, and don't let anyone else by trade.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Parise/trade-Richards-Carter
King/Holloway-Stoll-Lewis/Nolan
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan/Lewis
Westgarth/Richardson

Defense stays the same.

Last edited by Cook24: 05-01-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote