HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your favorite and least favorite hab moves/dekes/plays

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I think that if we make the playoffs, you'll soon forget about his blunders
Well usually come playoff time, he'll take more risks. He'll cut to the net and what not, basicaly everything he doesn't do during regular games. He's clutch when he wants to be.

Old
03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
You're wrong, Kovalchuk is probably he most underrated passer in the league with Markov. He really controls the play during the PP much like Jagr does with NY. Both of them have a lot of similarities but Kovalchuk is more of a dynamo/high octane player.
I think what kills Kovalev more then anything isn't the fact that he's a bad passer or not a finisher because he is great at both, its just the timing. He doens't make the right decision at the right time which often causes turnovers. If he had Gretzky's mind he would be awesome. Based on pure passing skills he's one of the best.

Old
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
I think what kills Kovalev more then anything isn't the fact that he's a bad passer or not a finisher because he is great at both, its just the timing. He doens't make the right decision at the right time which often causes turnovers. If he had Gretzky's mind he would be awesome. Based on pure passing skills he's one of the best.
I don't think he's a good passer. He's not one of the worst on the team, but he's not really comparable to Ribs, Koivu, Pleks, Markov etc...

Old
03-17-2006, 01:36 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I don't think he's a good passer. He's not one of the worst on the team, but he's not really comparable to Ribs, Koivu, Pleks, Markov etc...
Yes he is. Even last night when he wasn't trying, he made a great move then made a backhand pass tape to tape on Ribeiro's stick. Problem is he's not a centerman like Datsyuk or else people would see what a great passer he is. Dont get blinded by the bad passes he makes because the ones that actually work look awesome.

Old
03-17-2006, 01:36 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

favorite: Markov, Perez
least: Bouillon, Dandenault

Old
03-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Yes he is. Even last night when he wasn't trying, he made a great move then made a backhand pass tape to tape on Ribeiro's stick. Problem is he's not a centerman like Datsyuk or else people would see what a great passer he is. Dont get blinded by the bad passes he makes because the ones that actually work look awesome.
He was center for Russia and he didnt look any different then when he was a winger. He's a pure goalscorer I agree with you, but his passes arent crisp and often arent accurate.

Old
03-17-2006, 01:54 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
He was center for Russia and he didnt look any different then when he was a winger. He's a pure goalscorer I agree with you, but his passes arent crisp and often arent accurate.
Nah he is a great passer I am telling you. Watch him play the next game and focus on his passing. You'll see. Another thing that bothers me is that the reason for those stupid passes is more often then not a result of taking a chance to make the perfect play or other times just because he doesnt move his legs.

Old
03-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Shabutie

Usually his plays are broken up cuz he waits too long, he passes up on alot of plays. I think you should watch him play next game, cuz you're the first person I hear to think that Kovalev is a great passer.

Old
03-17-2006, 02:00 PM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Usually his plays are broken up cuz he waits too long, he passes up on alot of plays. I think you should watch him play next game, cuz you're the first person I hear to think that Kovalev is a great passer.
Well that's the way I feel and I'll stay with my opinion that a 50-60 assist right winger is a great passer. I mean what's the use of arguing about this? You think he cant pass and he's not creative and seeing as he's only scored 17 goals this season that I guess pretty much he's useless right?

Old
03-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Well that's the way I feel and I'll stay with my opinion that a 50-60 assist right winger is a great passer. I mean what's the use of arguing about this? You think he cant pass and he's not creative and seeing as he's only scored 17 goals this season that I guess pretty much he's useless right?
No one ever said that, simply that he could be better if he had better vision/passing skills.

Old
03-18-2006, 09:02 AM
frolov_kovalev*

I'm sick of seeing Zed going with one arm protect puck style along the boards, he always loses the puck. I'm sick of also seeing Ribs doing that ridiculous fake and move front move all the time.
Kovy's moves work. Ryder's don't.

Old
03-18-2006, 10:21 AM
KaptainKourage*

I HATE Zednik '' one hand '' move but who dont...

I love Souray move when he fake the shot and opposite player try to block the shot, he continue to skate and wrist shot top net !! It's like that we tie the game against humrf.. Atlanta i think

Old
03-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
I HATE Zednik '' one hand '' move but who dont...

I love Souray move when he fake the shot and opposite player try to block the shot, he continue to skate and wrist shot top net !! It's like that we tie the game against humrf.. Atlanta i think
I love zednik, i hate ribeiro

Old
03-18-2006, 10:34 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
I didn't agree with you throughout this thread but this is where you kinda lost any credibility to your argument.
The fact is he does make a lot of bad passes and just because some of his passes "look" awesome doesn't make him a good passer with good vision. I'm not saying he's a terrbile passer but he is not in the same league as guy's like Koivu, Pleks, and Ribs when it comes to passing.

Old
03-18-2006, 11:58 AM
KOVALEV10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
I didn't agree with you throughout this thread but this is where you kinda lost any credibility to your argument.
The fact is he does make a lot of bad passes and just because some of his passes "look" awesome doesn't make him a good passer with good vision. I'm not saying he's a terrbile passer but he is not in the same league as guy's like Koivu, Pleks, and Ribs when it comes to passing.
Who doesnt make bad passes really? I cant think of anyone who doesnt make bad passes once in a while. Thing with Kovalev is he wants to make it perfect every time whether its a shot, a move, a pass. If he just played simple he'd be a lot more effective.

Old
03-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Bill McNeal

I hate when on the PP Souray channels the ghost of Bobby Orr and goes end-to-end, only to fire it wide at the top of the faceoff circle and have it cleared down the ice.

And yes, I know Bobby Orr isn't dead. The ghost of Bobby Orr's knees?

Old
03-18-2006, 12:05 PM
larue*

Im really starting to get excited when Pleks gets the puck and takes off. He is very smart with the puck and usually makes a pretty good pass to someone. I have total confidence in him and he is starting to be one of my favorite players. Oh and his defensive play is awesome as well.

Old
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Bill McNeal

Anybody else love the "moves" our PK can pull off?

I'm talking Bonk, Higgins and Plekanec here. I find protecting the puck in the offensive zone, as well as a smart pass back to the defensive zone once gaining the opposing blueline on the pk pretty exciting.

Old
03-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Dr. Charles

I guess Shabutie and Kovalev10 could get a room, they seem to have so much to share...
Habsaku, don't be jealous... you'll get your turn...

Old
03-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

My favorite: Zednik entering the zone on the right board, sweeping ghosts with his left arm and going all the way the other side of the net glued to the board. I like this move cause it never works out and every time, it leads to nothing and the play abort.

Least favorite: Markov/Koivu/Ribeiro diving cause the refs always fall for it and thats a 2min for the other team.

Old
03-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
My favorite: Zednik entering the zone on the right board, sweeping ghosts with his left arm and going all the way the other side of the net glued to the board. I like this move cause it never works out and every time, it leads to nothing and the play abort.

Least favorite: Markov/Koivu/Ribeiro diving cause the refs always fall for it and thats a 2min for the other team.
Favorite: Bergeron's masterful use of the sand wedge. And it's only going to get better over the years.

Old
03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41

I like the way your mother moves in a hotel room...
ahh.... cette bonne vieille pipeuse de vingt cennes...

Old
03-18-2006, 01:25 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Kovalev doesn't have a great vision, nor great passing ability. It's been known around the league, it's probably the only reason he isn't as good as Datsyuk (other than the whole defensive part). His dekes don't always result into plays, which is what most of you seem to want to believe...

No passing ability ? Check his stats again...

Old
03-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles
I guess Shabutie and Kovalev10 could get a room, they seem to have so much to share...
Habsaku, don't be jealous... you'll get your turn...
When did they let you leave the institution?

Closed Thread