HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your favorite and least favorite hab moves/dekes/plays

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
  #26
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I think that if we make the playoffs, you'll soon forget about his blunders
Well usually come playoff time, he'll take more risks. He'll cut to the net and what not, basicaly everything he doesn't do during regular games. He's clutch when he wants to be.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
  #27
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
You're wrong, Kovalchuk is probably he most underrated passer in the league with Markov. He really controls the play during the PP much like Jagr does with NY. Both of them have a lot of similarities but Kovalchuk is more of a dynamo/high octane player.
I think what kills Kovalev more then anything isn't the fact that he's a bad passer or not a finisher because he is great at both, its just the timing. He doens't make the right decision at the right time which often causes turnovers. If he had Gretzky's mind he would be awesome. Based on pure passing skills he's one of the best.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM
  #28
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
I think what kills Kovalev more then anything isn't the fact that he's a bad passer or not a finisher because he is great at both, its just the timing. He doens't make the right decision at the right time which often causes turnovers. If he had Gretzky's mind he would be awesome. Based on pure passing skills he's one of the best.
I don't think he's a good passer. He's not one of the worst on the team, but he's not really comparable to Ribs, Koivu, Pleks, Markov etc...

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:36 PM
  #29
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
I don't think he's a good passer. He's not one of the worst on the team, but he's not really comparable to Ribs, Koivu, Pleks, Markov etc...
Yes he is. Even last night when he wasn't trying, he made a great move then made a backhand pass tape to tape on Ribeiro's stick. Problem is he's not a centerman like Datsyuk or else people would see what a great passer he is. Dont get blinded by the bad passes he makes because the ones that actually work look awesome.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:36 PM
  #30
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 500
favorite: Markov, Perez
least: Bouillon, Dandenault

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:43 PM
  #31
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Yes he is. Even last night when he wasn't trying, he made a great move then made a backhand pass tape to tape on Ribeiro's stick. Problem is he's not a centerman like Datsyuk or else people would see what a great passer he is. Dont get blinded by the bad passes he makes because the ones that actually work look awesome.
He was center for Russia and he didnt look any different then when he was a winger. He's a pure goalscorer I agree with you, but his passes arent crisp and often arent accurate.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:54 PM
  #32
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
He was center for Russia and he didnt look any different then when he was a winger. He's a pure goalscorer I agree with you, but his passes arent crisp and often arent accurate.
Nah he is a great passer I am telling you. Watch him play the next game and focus on his passing. You'll see. Another thing that bothers me is that the reason for those stupid passes is more often then not a result of taking a chance to make the perfect play or other times just because he doesnt move his legs.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 01:56 PM
  #33
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Usually his plays are broken up cuz he waits too long, he passes up on alot of plays. I think you should watch him play next game, cuz you're the first person I hear to think that Kovalev is a great passer.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 02:00 PM
  #34
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Usually his plays are broken up cuz he waits too long, he passes up on alot of plays. I think you should watch him play next game, cuz you're the first person I hear to think that Kovalev is a great passer.
Well that's the way I feel and I'll stay with my opinion that a 50-60 assist right winger is a great passer. I mean what's the use of arguing about this? You think he cant pass and he's not creative and seeing as he's only scored 17 goals this season that I guess pretty much he's useless right?

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-17-2006, 02:04 PM
  #35
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Well that's the way I feel and I'll stay with my opinion that a 50-60 assist right winger is a great passer. I mean what's the use of arguing about this? You think he cant pass and he's not creative and seeing as he's only scored 17 goals this season that I guess pretty much he's useless right?
No one ever said that, simply that he could be better if he had better vision/passing skills.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 09:02 AM
  #36
frolov_kovalev*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
I'm sick of seeing Zed going with one arm protect puck style along the boards, he always loses the puck. I'm sick of also seeing Ribs doing that ridiculous fake and move front move all the time.
Kovy's moves work. Ryder's don't.

frolov_kovalev* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 10:21 AM
  #37
KaptainKourage*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St-Georges de Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 500
I HATE Zednik '' one hand '' move but who dont...

I love Souray move when he fake the shot and opposite player try to block the shot, he continue to skate and wrist shot top net !! It's like that we tie the game against humrf.. Atlanta i think

KaptainKourage* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 10:24 AM
  #38
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,965
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
I HATE Zednik '' one hand '' move but who dont...

I love Souray move when he fake the shot and opposite player try to block the shot, he continue to skate and wrist shot top net !! It's like that we tie the game against humrf.. Atlanta i think
I love zednik, i hate ribeiro

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 10:34 AM
  #39
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Yes he is. Even last night when he wasn't trying, he made a great move then made a backhand pass tape to tape on Ribeiro's stick. Problem is he's not a centerman like Datsyuk or else people would see what a great passer he is. Dont get blinded by the bad passes he makes because the ones that actually work look awesome.
I didn't agree with you throughout this thread but this is where you kinda lost any credibility to your argument.
The fact is he does make a lot of bad passes and just because some of his passes "look" awesome doesn't make him a good passer with good vision. I'm not saying he's a terrbile passer but he is not in the same league as guy's like Koivu, Pleks, and Ribs when it comes to passing.

fufonzo is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 11:58 AM
  #40
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
I didn't agree with you throughout this thread but this is where you kinda lost any credibility to your argument.
The fact is he does make a lot of bad passes and just because some of his passes "look" awesome doesn't make him a good passer with good vision. I'm not saying he's a terrbile passer but he is not in the same league as guy's like Koivu, Pleks, and Ribs when it comes to passing.
Who doesnt make bad passes really? I cant think of anyone who doesnt make bad passes once in a while. Thing with Kovalev is he wants to make it perfect every time whether its a shot, a move, a pass. If he just played simple he'd be a lot more effective.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:04 PM
  #41
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,362
vCash: 500
I hate when on the PP Souray channels the ghost of Bobby Orr and goes end-to-end, only to fire it wide at the top of the faceoff circle and have it cleared down the ice.

And yes, I know Bobby Orr isn't dead. The ghost of Bobby Orr's knees?

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:05 PM
  #42
larue*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Im really starting to get excited when Pleks gets the puck and takes off. He is very smart with the puck and usually makes a pretty good pass to someone. I have total confidence in him and he is starting to be one of my favorite players. Oh and his defensive play is awesome as well.

larue* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
  #43
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,362
vCash: 500
Anybody else love the "moves" our PK can pull off?

I'm talking Bonk, Higgins and Plekanec here. I find protecting the puck in the offensive zone, as well as a smart pass back to the defensive zone once gaining the opposing blueline on the pk pretty exciting.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:15 PM
  #44
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
I guess Shabutie and Kovalev10 could get a room, they seem to have so much to share...
Habsaku, don't be jealous... you'll get your turn...

Dr. Charles is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:16 PM
  #45
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF
 
Jean_Jacket41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: With the smurfs
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,195
vCash: 500
My favorite: Zednik entering the zone on the right board, sweeping ghosts with his left arm and going all the way the other side of the net glued to the board. I like this move cause it never works out and every time, it leads to nothing and the play abort.

Least favorite: Markov/Koivu/Ribeiro diving cause the refs always fall for it and thats a 2min for the other team.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:29 PM
  #46
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
My favorite: Zednik entering the zone on the right board, sweeping ghosts with his left arm and going all the way the other side of the net glued to the board. I like this move cause it never works out and every time, it leads to nothing and the play abort.

Least favorite: Markov/Koivu/Ribeiro diving cause the refs always fall for it and thats a 2min for the other team.
Favorite: Bergeron's masterful use of the sand wedge. And it's only going to get better over the years.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
  #47
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
My favorite: Zednik entering the zone on the right board, sweeping ghosts with his left arm and going all the way the other side of the net glued to the board. I like this move cause it never works out and every time, it leads to nothing and the play abort.

Least favorite: Markov/Koivu/Ribeiro diving cause the refs always fall for it and thats a 2min for the other team.

I like the way your mother moves in a hotel room...
ahh.... cette bonne vieille pipeuse de vingt cennes...

Dr. Charles is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:25 PM
  #48
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Kovalev doesn't have a great vision, nor great passing ability. It's been known around the league, it's probably the only reason he isn't as good as Datsyuk (other than the whole defensive part). His dekes don't always result into plays, which is what most of you seem to want to believe...

No passing ability ? Check his stats again...

TheDamned is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:53 PM
  #49
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles
I guess Shabutie and Kovalev10 could get a room, they seem to have so much to share...
Habsaku, don't be jealous... you'll get your turn...
When did they let you leave the institution?

Habsaku is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.