HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Chicago Sports Thread VIII - Baseball Ain't Better Here!

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He'll have to play left field. If he is still hitting really well by the TD, trade him.
That's kinda my thinking. I consider it good problem to have to have a productive guy on the Major League roster and a kid down in AAA trying to do everything he can to force him out. If he keeps up his play all season he could be an attractive addition to a playoff-bound team and could yield a nice return.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Quote:
He'll have to play left field. If he is still hitting really well by the TD, trade him.

Yeah, because of course the Cubs wouldn't want to keep a power hitting left handed bat who is cost controlled for the next half decade. I'm sure they're going to want to trade him for the not so great return they could get at the trade deadline.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post

Yeah, because of course the Cubs wouldn't want to keep a power hitting left handed bat who is cost controlled for the next half decade. I'm sure they're going to want to trade him for the not so great return they could get at the trade deadline.
You don't want LaHair in the outfield when the Cubs are good. Disaster written all over it, Brant Brown all over again. This organization cannot afford to do things like that unless they guy is hitting 50 bombs every year and you know he can more than make up for it next at bat.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post

Where do you propose they put him? You really think they're going to sit Soriano for him in left? Left's about the only place you could put him other than first, and you're not going to stall a hot, young up and comer chomping at the bit for that same spot in order to keep a 30 year old there who's having his first good season ever as a Major Leaguer which may or may not be an anomaly-type season. They're not sending Rizzo anywhere, and this team isn't winning anything this year. Sell high, if it makes sense for the club and the return is right.

And what makes you think and assume they'd get a not so great return? If it's not so great, they don't pull the trigger. Simple. You don't give the guy away for the simple fact of getting rid of him, but if there's a deal that makes sense than can yield you two or three young players in return, which is what this organization is trying to do in building from the ground up, you have to at least take a look at it.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Where do you propose they put him? You really think they're going to sit Soriano for him in left? Left's about the only place you could put him other than first, and you're not going to stall a hot, young up and comer chomping at the bit for that same spot in order to keep a 30 year old there who's having his first good season ever as a Major Leaguer which may or may not be an anomaly-type season. They're not sending Rizzo anywhere, and this team isn't winning anything this year. Sell high, if it makes sense for the club and the return is right.

And what makes you think and assume they'd get a not so great return? If it's not so great, they don't pull the trigger. Simple. You don't give the guy away for the simple fact of getting rid of him, but if there's a deal that makes sense than can yield you two or three young players in return, which is what this organization is trying to do in building from the ground up, you have to at least take a look at it.
It depends on what kind of outfielder he is. He could possibly play in right but left would be ideal.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:51 PM
digdug41982

His arm is decent for a 1st baseman but below average for an outfielder. If he can make all of the routine plays on defense and get good jumps, it would work but there isn't much margin for error. You don't have to go out of your way to trade him, obviously, but if you can get a quality prospect for him, I think that would be a good move. By quality, I mean top 10 in a good prospect pool. If not, keep him.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Teemu

The Cubs had 9 home runs in April. Matt Kemp had 12.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Blue Liner

Matt Kemp is ridiculous.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:52 PM
sedag

If the Cubs trade LaHair this guy should be packaged with him.

Gerardo Concepcion, LHP, Cubs (Low-A Peoria): 0.2 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 1 BB, 0 K. Through two starts, the Midwest League is hitting .464 against him.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:10 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If we get a solid return for LaHair move him. Otherwise hope Soriano rebounds and somebody gets stupid.

Bulls without Rose are still the second best team in the East. Have said it since last year, but I think Watson is at worst a slightly below average starting point guard.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
If we get a solid return for LaHair move him. Otherwise hope Soriano rebounds and somebody gets stupid.

Bulls without Rose are still the second best team in the East. Have said it since last year, but I think Watson is at worst a slightly below average starting point guard.
Agreed on all points. If the Cubs were to trade Soriano, they'd have to eat almost all of the $50 mil or so left on his salary.

Last edited by Illinihockey: 05-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
IU Hawks fan
Chambana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
If the Bulls were to trade Soriano, they'd have to eat almost all of the $50 mil or so left on his salary.
I'm so lost...

Old
05-01-2012, 09:05 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1501
Not watching the game, as I don't care about the NBA, but am hearing on Twitter that the UC sounds like a freaking graveyard right now.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I'm so lost...
Ooops. Edit

Old
05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
IU Hawks fan
Chambana

Well that makes a lot more sense

Wasn't sure if it was a typo or I was missing a joke.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

They lose Rose and the defense goes to ****

Old
05-01-2012, 10:20 PM
IU Hawks fan
Chambana

Sox all over Ubaldo. 6-1 in the 4th.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Bulls looked pathetic

Old
05-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Cullksinikers

Bulls play in a library. I thought they would come out hard tonight. They played damn well in the first half, but they got away from everything that gave them an eight-point lead in the first half. They need a much better effort on both ends Friday. I hope it was just one bad game.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:52 PM
madgoat33

I figured we could make it out of the first round without rose, but now I'm not so sure. Philly plays good d and if we don't play better offensively I'm not sure we can score with them.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Relax, Philly isn't gonna shoot 60% every game the rest of the series. As long as the Bulls can manage to get good offense out of two secondary guys, they will be fine. The offense went dry in the 2nd half but the defense was ****ing atrocious. Part of that was transition off horrible shots, part bad defense, and part Philly's shooting.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I had the same amount of HR in April as Albert Puljols. Where is my $250,000,000 contract?

Old
05-02-2012, 12:15 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

The Bulls played well in the first half, but couldn't make a shot in the 2nd half. The 76ers did not miss in the second half. It's hard to beat a team that isn't missing anything.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Quote:
You don't want LaHair in the outfield when the Cubs are good. Disaster written all over it, Brant Brown all over again. This organization cannot afford to do things like that unless they guy is hitting 50 bombs every year and you know he can more than make up for it next at bat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post

Lahair's defense in left shouldn't be a deterrent from putting him there. He's a bad defensive first baseman right now anyway and left field defense is less important than first base defense. Also, no way in hell is Soriano the starting left fielder through 2014 just because of his contract-not even at all related to the Lahair situation.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
IU Hawks fan
Chambana

Junior Seau has apparently committed suicide.

Closed Thread