HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2006, 12:40 AM
  #101
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i am not bashing Koivu all the time ; saying that he would fit better in a less important role because of his injuries doesn't mean that i am bashing him . Saying that he's going to be overpaid with his next contract isn't exactly bashing him , no ?

I've just said that Saku doesn't suck but works hard and tries , but that it seems that it doesn't enough by now . The only reason i ever gave to trade him is because he's too injury prone to be our KEY PLAYER , but that i would like him to stay with us for the second line ( not because he's not able to do it on the first, but simply , he miss too much games each seasons).Because he's beter than Ribeiro .

Look at the start of this thread where i wrote ''GO SAKU , WE NEED YOU ::...To say the things as they are , to give stats that are talking by themselves don't mean you are bashing a player.

Like i said few times , it's not again Saku that i have something , it's againts his maniaco-fans that see him like a God , when he's an average 45 points-season player.
But never you are going to see me in a bandwagon for the ones who'' ask a trade because he sucks ''.

The reality is that what ever we are saying about him that isn't strictly positive , is perceive by his fans as like BASHING HIM .I am a fan of Ribeiro but that doesn't mean that i was not able to see that he was having a bad season . I put less fault on his sho;ders because i think that Ryder was may be more the problem , but that doesn't change the fact that he's not having a good season .
1.Take an calculator
2. Look at Koivu's seasons since the beggining
3. Add them together : 45+56+57+44+47+71+55 (I skipped the 21 game season because 21 games isn't really a season)
4. Divide them by 7
5. It gives 54.
6. Say that you're wrong

Chfan is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:50 AM
  #102
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
1.Take an calculator
2. Look at Koivu's seasons since the beggining
3. Add them together : 45+56+57+44+47+71+55 (I skipped the 21 game season because 21 games isn't really a season)
4. Divide them by 7
5. It gives 54.
6. Say that you're wrong
You 're right , my bad . But i don't see the point to skip the 21 games season , so the real result is 49 points ...

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 12:55 AM
  #103
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Koivu's on pace for only 5 points less then Vinne Lecavalier who is on an offensively stacked team. Nuff said!
VLecavalier 30 g 28 a =58 total , ppg is .91

SKoivu 14 g , 31 a = 45 total , ppg is at .81

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:01 AM
  #104
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
VLecavalier 30 g 28 a =58 total , ppg is .91

SKoivu 14 g , 31 a = 45 total , ppg is at .81
Lecavalier on pace for: 74 points
Koivu on pace for: 66 points

Fine make it 8 points, Vinny's just on a hot streak right now while Koivu is in a slump, itll round up pretty even at seasons end.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:24 AM
  #105
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,061
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
You 're right , my bad . But i don't see the point to skip the 21 games season , so the real result is 49 points ...
if you want to get technical

then:

take points: 45+56+57+44+47+71+55+2+2+45(the last 2 for his short seasons)=443 points
take games:82+50+65+69+24+54+3+82+68+55=552 games

PPG(Points per Game) 443/552=0.8025 points per game through his career.

If he plays 70-82 games a season he should have between 56.2 pts at 70 game season and 65.8 pts in an 82 game season

Math can't lie

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:35 AM
  #106
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
if you want to get technical

then:

take points: 45+56+57+44+47+71+55+2+2+45(the last 2 for his short seasons)=443 points
take games:82+50+65+69+24+54+3+82+68+55=552 games

PPG(Points per Game) 443/552=0.8025 points per game through his career.

If he plays 70-82 games a season he should have between 56.2 pts at 70 game season and 65.8 pts in an 82 game season

Math can't lie
Considering the amount of games he's played with border line ahl-ers much less nhl and the injuries he's suffered throughout his career, those numbers are impressive. But then again markov and the other monkeys wont stop bashing the guy. Drop the language issue already. I dont care if a player is french canadian, french american, finish, russian or paki I dont give a freakin damn if they're playing well. Unlike some other people...

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:42 AM
  #107
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
if you want to get technical

then:

take points: 45+56+57+44+47+71+55+2+2+45(the last 2 for his short seasons)=443 points
take games:82+50+65+69+24+54+3+82+68+55=552 games

PPG(Points per Game) 443/552=0.8025 points per game through his career.

If he plays 70-82 games a season he should have between 56.2 pts at 70 game season and 65.8 pts in an 82 game season

Math can't lie
wrong ...

there are no IF this , If that . At the end of the season , the team played 82 games , not 67 or 47 or 66 .

So it is not 443 divised by the 552 games he played but 443 by 10 seasons ( or 9 if you forget the one he had the cancer )

The NHL isn't going to add some points at the end of this season because Koivu missed 10 games and that his PPG is .8

; We talk about average season not about the ppg he could has if he didn't missed any games during all his career .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:47 AM
  #108
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
wrong ...

there are no IF this , If that . At the end of the season , the team played 82 games , not 67 or 47 or 66 .

So it is not 443 divised by the 552 games he played but 443 by 10 seasons ( or 9 if you forget the one he had the cancer )

The NHL isn't going to add some points at the end of this season because Koivu missed 10 games and that his PPG is .8

; We talk about average season not about the ppg he could has if he didn't missed any games during all his career .
Oh you're just so ignorant it boggles the mind. How is it HIS FAULT that he has bad luck everytime whether its injuries, battle against cancer, stupid teammates, etc? Then again that might be a tough question for people in kindergarden to answer.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:49 AM
  #109
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Lecavalier on pace for: 74 points
Koivu on pace for: 66 points

Fine make it 8 points, Vinny's just on a hot streak right now while Koivu is in a slump, itll round up pretty even at seasons end.
Vinny is already having 13 more points and is having a better PPG , so the number is suppose to increase , not the opposite .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:51 AM
  #110
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Vinny is already having 13 more points and is having a better PPG , so the number is suppose to increase , not the opposite .
The PPG will be very close by season's end no doubt about it. Players tend to go on hot streaks and cold ones during the course of a season you know? Koivu had 25 points in his first 19 games.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 02:04 AM
  #111
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Oh you're just so ignorant it boggles the mind. How is it HIS FAULT that he has bad luck everytime whether its injuries, battle against cancer, stupid teammates, etc? Then again that might be a tough question for people in kindergarden to answer.
Okay , i am a monkey , an ignorant and i am in a kindergarden .You really like to insult people.

where did i said that it was his fault ? where did i said that his numbers were not good ? i just give his stats , not fictive ones build with a lot of'' if this and if that'' , and ''may be THIS AND MAY BE THAT ''.

As i said , the NHL is not going to give him more points because he missed 10 games .
So , did he gets 55 points last season yes or no ?

Did the NHL ever said that Maurice Richard was having 600 goals , because he missed x games and was averaged x PPG, so that we could add X goals to the ones he really did ? no

It is not his fault ? true . But it comes with him ; Koivu is injury prone . That's it , that's all .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 02:11 AM
  #112
KOVALEV10*
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Simply the best!
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Okay , i am a monkey , an ignorant and i am in a kindergarden .You really like to insult people.

where did i said that it was his fault ? where did i said that his numbers were not good ? i just give his stats , not fictive ones build with a lot of'' if this and if that'' , and ''may be THIS AND MAY BE THAT ''.

As i said , the NHL is not going to give him more points because he missed 10 games .
So , did he gets 55 points last season yes or no ?

Did the NHL ever said that Maurice Richard was having 600 goals , because he missed x games and was averaged x PPG, so that we could add X goals to the ones he really did ? no

It is not his fault ? true . But it comes with him ; Koivu is injury prone . That's it , that's all .
Oh please you didn't just say those numbers to prove the obvious (that he's injury prone). You said those numbers to make it sound like the guy is a borderline nhl-er who produces 45 points a year. Your hate towards Koivu is so apparent its unbelivable. And buddy... I called you all those names because I dont like to hear people say stupid things and I'm a very honest person. Whatever I think, I will say it to someones face no matter what. I dont care if I get warning points or whatnot but I will continue to insult those ignorant posters like you who consistently bash on the heart and soul and captain of the team no matter the way he's playing or what he's had to go through. The man has battled cancer for gods sake.. ever thing of what effect that could have on someone? CANCER DAMIT THIS ISN'T A CUT IN THE CHEEK! Not to mention he's one of the only montreal canadiens we have who actually bleed the bleu blanc rouge.

KOVALEV10* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 06:47 AM
  #113
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
forget the stats for a moment... Koivu has been very desapointing all the year long.. He loses the puck so easily in the offensive zone despite there is no holding anymore, his plays lead nowhere, even Higgins looks better most nights.. He will have to rise his game soon, especially with the contract Gainey just gave him.. But its not about money, Koivu can play alot better hockey whatever who his linemates are.. He is rather pathetic at the moment, I dont remember him to play as poorly.

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 11:24 AM
  #114
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
Oh please you didn't just say those numbers to prove the obvious (that he's injury prone). You said those numbers to make it sound like the guy is a borderline nhl-er who produces 45 points a year. Your hate towards Koivu is so apparent its unbelivable. And buddy... I called you all those names because I dont like to hear people say stupid things and I'm a very honest person. Whatever I think, I will say it to someones face no matter what. I dont care if I get warning points or whatnot but I will continue to insult those ignorant posters like you who consistently bash on the heart and soul and captain of the team no matter the way he's playing or what he's had to go through. The man has battled cancer for gods sake.. ever thing of what effect that could have on someone? CANCER DAMIT THIS ISN'T A CUT IN THE CHEEK! Not to mention he's one of the only montreal canadiens we have who actually bleed the bleu blanc rouge.
My father won his battle againts the cancer , at the age of 75 and he still has something by now , that we don't know already if it 's a cancer again . I have 4 aunts and a grand-ma that didn't have the chance to won their fight , neither than a friend who let 2 child , at the age of 35 years old .Thoulsans of peoples are fighting this desease each year , so if you think that you are going to make me cry with your dramatic soap opera '' Koivu had the cancer ; he's a hero '' , you are completly wrong . Because of his statut , the day after he had pain , Koivu was at the hospital , the day after they knew that he has the cancer and after a short time ( i think it was 1 week , but not sure )he started his treatements . My father is now at 78 and that's make 2 months that we know he get something , but they didn't make the prelevement to know what kind of tumor it is . Two peoples , two systems , two speeds .

I said a lot of time that Koivu IS THE OFFENSIVE KEY PLAYER of the team , that he 's A GOOD PLAYERS that he 's our BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER with Kovalev . So what is your problem with the fact that i give his average points per season ( and i was wrong with my numbers and admited it ; 49 to 53 if you considere the 21 games season , so not 45) .


it is pathetic the way your blind love to Saku disturbe the reality and the perception you have from people that are not seeing him as a '' God ''. You think that it is a truely reason to insulte people , without knowing what they really have in their mind.

So , once again , SAKU IS THE KEY PLAYER OF THE HABS and his average season is 49 -53 points , because he's injury prone .Saku IS A GOOD PLAYER , not a great one and he's NOT A GOD .

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 01:58 PM
  #115
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i am not bashing Koivu all the time .
Do you not read what you write?
Anyone reading this thread ca nsee how much of a joke you are.
Your posts are usually good except converning Koivu but you are getting out of hand. You're not even talking hockey most of the time.

The worst part is that you have the audacity to bash people for respecting Koivu. That's a new low even for you.

No need to reply I'm not going to go down to your level any more than I already did.

sXe is offline  
Old
03-18-2006, 02:04 PM
  #116
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v


it is pathetic the way your blind love to Saku disturbe the reality and the perception you have from people that are not seeing him as a '' God ''. You think that it is a truely reason to insulte people , without knowing what they really have in their mind.

So , once again , SAKU IS THE KEY PLAYER OF THE HABS and his average season is 49 -53 points , because he's injury prone .Saku IS A GOOD PLAYER , not a great one and he's NOT A GOD .
Oh please, the god comments are to be taken with a grain of salt. Who seriously believes that, its just a way to express how much they like his style of play, nothing else. Its sort of internet slang, do you think they have chapels or such things? I must say I like your resumé, with consipacy theories, incessant bashing, hate for the system and xenophobia, you could almost be a teacher at CEPEP du Vieux-Montreal. Keep smoking that crack, its good for you.

Habsaku is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.