HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov and Kostitisyn scratched for game 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Radulov seems to be taking more heat than Akost?

Old
05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Very disappointed in both of them. You'd think the two guys who are new would want to make a good impression....

Old
05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Snipeshow

IMO if Radulov plays in game 4, he'll come out with fire. He's got something to prove if he wants to get a big contract, on the Preds or another team.

Expect a big game 4 from Rads.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Radulov is probably like "WTF, in KHL I hit Coach with stick, no problems! What are rules?!"
OMG! LOL!

Very nice.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:58 PM
tserberis*

Only one question: How can you be so stupid, ignorant, immature and irresponsible?

Old
05-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Fuelled by Passion

The only question is what did they do and does someone has pictures to prove it? I've heard so many rumors about hockey players and other sportsmen that I tend to ignore them all
Especially rumors about Kost-bro coming from Montreal. So many, but none of them got proved

P.S tserberis welcome to websimhockey

Old
05-01-2012, 08:22 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Red Wings fan here. I have a ton of respect for you guys suspending them. It was a really good move on Nashville's part to show that Radulov won't be the favored child there, and he and AK have to play by the same rules as everyone.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:27 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by coviner View Post
I always find it amazing how many people become mind readers in a situation like this
like jeremy roenick just now on versus, saying they are irresponsible, you don't do this in the playoffs, it is totally disrespectful to the team, and how there are "too many beautiful people" in phoenix.... that he doesn't go anywhere in phoenix without his wife...

that's his opinion.... his mind reading...

oh, and they think we're totally screwed...

Old
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
NorthAlPredfan

Well I kind of jumped on the Rads train with everyone else and I should have known better. He defected on the team four years ago and he's doing it again. Totally selfish! This is not the first time Rads has hosed us in the playoffs. Anyone remember the concussion he gave Arnott? I really think we need to let him go at the end of the season.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:50 PM
mondo3

vCash: 571
Jets fan here - good for your management for setting rules and sticking by them. Hope we follow your lead.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Nitrous Mafia

very stupid. they're getting punished for it. won't make any judgement until offseason.

lets play.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:05 PM
predfan98

yup... time to play tomorrow... all in!!

Old
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Stradale

Just want to make one thing clear (as a Habs fan), do not believe what people on other team says about AK being a party animal. He has NEVER gotten in trouble in Montreal for partying too much. It was Sergei. The media here made a big fuss about them related to some mafia but in reality, it was really nothing. Some people are still using that to bash the Kostitsyn brothers. Hamrlik was also part of that investigation but for some reason we never hear it here.

Major lack of judgement by AK and Radulov but its not true that AK was a party animal in Montreal. AK has a wife, he doesn't go out that much.. and believe me, I have lots of friends that knows all the clubs in Montreal. They saw a lot of Habs players... but AK is not a nightlife regular.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:38 PM
JetsAlternate

You guys are willingly going to suspend two of your top forwards? The Coyotes will gladly take it. You've just weakened your offense over something that could have been dealt with once the playoffs are over. Perhaps the coach could have fined the two or talked to them, but suspending them right now is basically giving the Coyotes a free pass to the next round.

I'm not sure how you guys could be proud of this. If anything, it sets up an early elimination. Right now is not the time to discipline players, especially if you want to win. The Flyers waited until the off-season to address their problems because Richards and Carter were essential to their success during the playoffs. They overlooked it for their 2010 Stanley Cup run, as well as the year after. A 3-0 series deficit will be difficult to recover from, and taking out two of your biggest offensive weapons will make it that much easier for the Coyotes to win tomorrow.

The players may be at fault for being undisciplined, but management is at fault for taking them out when the team needs to win.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 05-01-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old
05-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Mxpunk

Good on management for suspending them. I'm sure the rest of the team knew, and it would set bad precedent if they were let go for partying during the playoffs. When I played college hockey, we had 3 freshmen sneak out of the hotel and do some coke the night before a game. Naturally when the coaches found out, those guys were suspended and one quit.

If anything this could fire the rest of the team up for a win in Game 3.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:54 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

well, that's one way to get Wilson and Smith in the lineup.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:10 PM
hockey diva

JetsAlternate, have you watched Rads at all the last 2 games? We are not going to miss him, believe me. He will replaced by someone who plays defense. We will miss AK some but again he will be replaced by someone who can score and play defense. We lost game 2 because everyone played badly.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:30 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
no way trotz and poile looked the other way then and then changed their mind... no way.

there was no morning skate on Sunday....so until the bus left the hotel around 2 local time....very possible no one saw them...

so who took a pic of them and how did it get out?

world is a smaller place when people have smartphones...
I am guessing, unless I have missed something, no one. I would guess they missed a meeting, a video session, something to do with game prep as no on ice practice was held. Once they were found, they had to fess up.

either that or you can smell them sweating booze. any way you look at it, it was dumb. I hope Roenick is wrong and it galvanizes this team.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
You guys are willingly going to suspend two of your top forwards? The Coyotes will gladly take it. You've just weakened your offense over something that could have been dealt with once the playoffs are over. Perhaps the coach could have fined the two or talked to them, but suspending them right now is basically giving the Coyotes a free pass to the next round.

I'm not sure how you guys could be proud of this. If anything, it sets up an early elimination. Right now is not the time to discipline players, especially if you want to win. The Flyers waited until the off-season to address their problems because Richards and Carter were essential to their success during the playoffs. They overlooked it for their 2010 Stanley Cup run, as well as the year after. A 3-0 series deficit will be difficult to recover from, and taking out two of your biggest offensive weapons will make it that much easier for the Coyotes to win tomorrow.

The players may be at fault for being undisciplined, but management is at fault for taking them out when the team needs to win.
Yotes do not know what they are walking into tomorrow. Preds have been on the pedestal since the start of the series, but now are in the underdog role. This team and their 17,000 PLUS PASSIONATE FANS relish being the underdog. It's a shame that it took THIS to finally light the fire, but look out.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
How about we actually play the games before jumping to the conclusion that the Coyotes win this series?

Quote:
I'm proud of this and proud of Poile and the team for taking a stand that you don't put yourself above the rules the team has, especially the night before a playoff game. I don't give a rats ass what the Flyers did, I'm not a Flyers fan, never have been never will be.

Quote:
Management is following through on it's own rules and not letting **** slide just because of preferential treatment. I 100% respect and appreciate that.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Fuelled by Passion

It was selfish and stupid move by both players, but I will agree to JetsAlternate here. Who would recognize Rads and AKost in Phoenix? Proly a Phoenix fan. Considering Andrei has scored 2 back to back goals against Smith he went "knocky-knocky", little exaggeration and got what he wanted. 2 offensive weapons are out of the game. No pics, no proves so far.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
No pics, no proves so far.
We've been given no proof, this is true. But I'm basing my decision on my trust and respect for Poile and Trotz.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Fuelled by Passion

I like Poile's quote and how he compared them to kids that need a time out, I just laughed.
Either way go Preds go! Make Halischuk and Wilson score couple goals, healthy competition is always good.

Old
05-01-2012, 10:57 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Radulov seems to be taking more heat than Akost?
I think that's because many people in this fan base--me included, to some degree--were wary of having Radulov back in the first place. We wanted to forgive him for ditching us a couple years ago, but we hadn't forgotten...we were all keeping a close eye on him, and now this?

AK, on the other hand, is a trade deadline acquisition that we all knew might end up being only a rental anyway. Not as much emotional attachment to him.

Quote:

It makes me kinda sad how many people completely forget what integrity means. There are things in life more important than winning. People are proud of this because we've bought into our team's system, and we support them for upholding team values above all else.

Besides, I disagree that this situation makes us more likely to lose tomorrow. I think it's the opposite: this will be a galvanizing moment for us, where we go back to playing Predators hockey. And when we do it, we'll have EVERYONE on the ice totally committed to the team. Instead of having two prima donnas doing whatever they want while the rest of the team is resentful about it, and having all our scratched guys stop working hard because hard work means nothing anymore.

Disagree with it if you want. But it's the Predator way, and I think I speak for most fans when I say we embrace it.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:10 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Also it's "Stand With Us" not "Drink With Us"

Closed Thread