HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2013-2014

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Love this guy's talent. Don't want to see it rot in Russia.
I'm sure he won't "rot" there, playing in his home country for the club that raised him and everything.

Chance of him returning are slim to none IMO. He's a superstar there and gets paid like one, why would he come back here to make only a fraction of what he can earn in Russia tax-free.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
I'm sure he won't "rot" there, playing in his home country for the club that raised him and everything.

Chance of him returning are slim to none IMO. He's a superstar there and gets paid like one, why would he come back here to make only a fraction of what he can earn in Russia tax-free.
Because the NHL is better? and the KHL is, well... yikes? lol But hey, to each his own I suppose. Rot may have been strong terminology, but he could have been something here given the chance as well.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 689
Quote:
Because the NHL is better? and the KHL is, well... yikes? lol But hey, to each his own I suppose. Rot may have been strong terminology, but he could have been something here given the chance as well.
Sadly, (most of) the Russians don't care about playing in the NHL. Money is what drives them on, and if they can earn it in their home country- it's a bonus. Highest bidder gets their services, and in this case the KHL.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:

The KHL is a highly competitive league, one that ranks as the 2nd best in the world, and one that has many many good hockey players. He's Russian, living in his homeland, making alot of money, doing something he loves. The majority of us would love this situation. All this bull**** about playing in the best league in the world ; the guy is playing to make money, and he's doing so at home, a culture vastly different from North America.

Suggesting he is rotting in Russia is laughable. Before this season, where was he playing? North America. Was it in the NHL? No. He was toiling, or rotting ironically, in the AHL. So what was he doing in the AHL for two years? Making peanuts, waiting for a promotion that never came.

Last edited by Acadmus: 05-03-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: taking out flaming language
Old
05-01-2012, 02:14 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

People said Radulov wouldn't return too.. we'll see..

He was drowning in Vancouvers depth, he would get a chance playing top6 minutes (maybe 3rd line) here. And who wouldn't play in Florida? I think the chances of him returning to the NHL got higher after he was traded away. He may make great money in the KHL playing for his CSKA, but he and everyone knows that the best players play in the NHL. And if he wants to be one of the best, I'm sure he'll return. He might be better prepared for the NHL next time, if he ever returns..

I don't remember who said it (might be Kuznetsov, not sure): "The best players play in the NHL, the KHL is for old people".

Old
05-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

He was drowning in Vancouvers depth, he would get a chance playing top6 minutes (maybe 3rd line) here. And who wouldn't play in Florida? I think the chances of him returning to the NHL got higher after he was traded away. He may make great money in the KHL playing for his CSKA, but he and everyone knows that the best players play in the NHL. And if he wants to be one of the best, I'm sure he'll return. He might be better prepared for the NHL next time, if he ever returns..

I don't remember who said it (might be Kuznetsov, not sure): "The best players play in the NHL, the KHL is for old people".
think it's less and less that way.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

Burmistrov said this if i recall correctly.

Kuznetsov appears to be remaining in the KHL until Sochi atleast, which from a Florida perspective is excellent news. Kuznetsov is an exceptional talent.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Curious if you guys think Shirokov will ever put on a Panther uniform? He might be a nice way to bring a jolt to our offense without having to spend ridiculously in FA. I know the chances are slim. He went back to Russia, yada yada. But he went back when Vancouver still owned his rights, and his chances of playing on THAT team were slim to none. Surely Dale just hasn't shuffled him to the bottom of the spect stack and forgot about him? Do you guys think Tallon is going to try and talk him into coming back and playing?

Love this guy's talent. Don't want to see it rot in Russia.
Nope. We might have a spot open on the 2nd line, but I don't think he is talented enough for a 2nd line role.

Plus, he doesn't want to play in the AHL, with the option of playing in his home country and the ability to make more $$$.

Old
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
WhalerPanther

Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
What can anybody tell us about Logan Shaw (Signed to an ATO) with San Antonio today.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:05 AM
WhalerPanther

According to a chart somebody created on the main prospect board, they say we will lose Donskoi and Cory Durocher if not signed by June 1st. Any truth to this and if so will the Panthers sign either or both of them.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:00 PM
MickOlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
According to a chart somebody created on the main prospect board, they say we will lose Donskoi and Cory Durocher if not signed by June 1st. Any truth to this and if so will the Panthers sign either or both of them.
The Panthers are already in talks with Donskoi. They can't make a deal yet because the agreement between Finnish SM-League and NHL expired this season and will be signed at the time of the World Championship. Kärpät has already agreed mutually to let him sign with the Panthers. Donskoi's situation is that he either plays in the NHL (highly unlikely) or in Finland (most likely).

The contract is probably made at the WC or right after so we won't be losing him.

Can't really say anything about Durocher but the kid hasn't really shown anything special in the juniors so I'm not expecting him to get a contract.

-L-

Old
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 50
Alex Petrovic named as the WHL's top defenceman of the year.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Sweet... Thanks for the info! Love Petro!

Old
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Think it was deserved ? What are your thoughts RS ?

You're one of the guys I look up to when talking about WHL prospects... I've only heard great things about Petro for the last year ! What do you think of the kid ? Potential, styles, etc... ?

Old
05-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
What can anybody tell us about Logan Shaw (Signed to an ATO) with San Antonio today.
He's big, and had a nice run in the playoffs with Quebec, racking up points on the powerplay with Grigorenko. He's got some developing to do, but he can skate well, and obviously has some touch, but he's not a scorer. More of a third-line, chip in some goals, and play a two-way game kinda guy.

He's a nice piece for the puzzle, but he's not a guy a team looks for to score.

05-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
There's no way the Panthers let Donskoi go, unless he just refuses to deal with them, and there's no reason to think that's the case.

With the tremendous depth that the Panthers have in the system, Durocher seems like a guy that they don't sign, but invite to camp to see how he's developed. He's got some skill, but in this group he's swamped.

Old
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
WhalerPanther

Thanks Brian. Who can you realisticly see in San Antonio next year prospect wise? Obviously Shore and Petrovic and probably Howden. Do you see Macfarland in SA? How about Bjugstad, will he sign? Any idea on John Lee, Wade Megan, David Pacan and Logan Shaw.

Then there are the Euro's: Donskoi, Gayduchenko, Lindstrom and Pakarinen

Old
05-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Thanks Brian. Who can you realisticly see in San Antonio next year prospect wise? Obviously Shore and Petrovic and probably Howden. Do you see Macfarland in SA? How about Bjugstad, will he sign? Any idea on John Lee, Wade Megan, David Pacan and Logan Shaw.

Then there are the Euro's: Donskoi, Gayduchenko, Lindstrom and Pakarinen
Here are my thoughts, without any kind of confirmation behind them:

Shore: I think he'll need a year or so in the AHL, and should see the bulk of next season in SA. I'm sure he'll get injury call-up duty, though, in order to get him some NHL ice time, and I'd expect to see him log a ton of time in the preseason.

Petrovic: I see him also in SA, but not for too long. He could start challenging for a spot in Florida relatively soon, but I'd rather see him log more minutes in the AHL this year than 3rd-pair/7th defenseman minutes in the NHL.

Howden: Depending on what Tallon does in the offseason, there could be a spot for Howden in the Panthers lineup. However, I'm guessing he'll be mostly in SA for a good part of the year.

McFarland: Before he can make it the big leagues, he has to show that he is 1) recovered from his shoulder surgery, 2) driven enough to make an impact, and 3) capable of making consistent contributions at the AHL level. As someone mentioned elsewhere (sorry for mnot remember who), he could find himself in the ECHL next season. He has the skill and skating ability, but can he pick up the intensity and consistency?

Bjugstad: I really want to talk to him and get his thoughts on this, but until then I can only guess. My guess is he signs with the Panthers, and centers the 4th line this year. But I could make rational arguments for him staying at UMinn, too.

Lee: I'm not sure that the Panthers sign him this summer. They may, to give him some time to prove himself, but he could just as likely be allowed to become a free agent. If he signs, its SA or Cincy for him. He's solid and steady and all the other synonyms for that, but I don't know if he's NHL material. We'll see.

Megan: He'll stay in school for his senior year.

Pacan: At this time last year, I'd have said there's no way he's signing. But he had a good overage year, and has shone in the playoffs. He may have earned himself a contract, and if so, he should bounce between Cincy and SA.

Shaw: He'll be back in juniors next year. Good end to the season for him, though.

Donskoi : He's staying in Europe, which is good for him. Give him another year or two, and he'll be ready to take the step to the NHL. Solid player on the rise.

Pakarinen: Same as Donskoi, but I see him as needing more time.

Gayduchenko: I doubt we'll ever see him in NA. He's huge, but he has a long way to go.

Lindstrom: Europe, but I honestly don't know too much about him.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:45 PM
WhalerPanther

Thanks Brian. I really enjoy reading your assessments. The future is definately bright for this organization that is for sure.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Bjindaho

Hubie is suspended for the first 2 games of the Q finals (Friday-Saturday) for a hit on Charles Hudon (bad hit but Hudon put himself in a bad spot as well).

In protest of the suspension, Saint John's photographer has designed some t-shirts:

I'm getting mine tomorrow

Old
05-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

That's too bad. I was hoping to see Huby explode in these Finals.

Does anyone think he has regressed a tad or is he still in stride?

-ghoste

Old
05-04-2012, 03:58 AM
Gudbranson44

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30857
Iiro Pakarinen has moved to HIFK in the finnish league and has signed a 2 year contract.

Old
05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Brian Fogarty
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Thanks Brian. I really enjoy reading your assessments. The future is definately bright for this organization that is for sure.
Thanks for the nice words. There is a ton of talent coming up through this system, and with the relatively quiet development of guys like Donskoi and Kosov, they're going to be coming into south Florida from all directions.

Old
05-04-2012, 09:32 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fogarty View Post
Thanks for the nice words. There is a ton of talent coming up through this system, and with the relatively quiet development of guys like Donskoi and Kosov, they're going to be coming into south Florida from all directions.
I dont think this team has ever peaked in its existence. We had a couple of nice years, and nice runs, but we have never really sustained any type of success over a span of many seasons. It looks like that is finally going to change. If our top tiered prospects can live up to their projections, and as long as Tallon can refill the prospect pool to a respectable level, we should see be a competitive, successful team for a long time.

Old
05-04-2012, 09:33 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fogarty View Post
Thx for the awesome assessment, appreciate your input!

Closed Thread