HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov and Kostitisyn scratched for game 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Fuelled by Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
AK, on the other hand, is a trade deadline acquisition that we all knew might end up being only a rental anyway. Not as much emotional attachment to him.
You realize that Hockey is like relations. Don't ask your partner to do something you don't

Old
05-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Lucky Luke

Word is that Radulov and Kostitsyn are so depressed to have let their teammates, coaches, organization, fans and city down that they plan to drink their troubles away for the remainder of the 2012 playoffs.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Stradale

I just hope it will lid fire for the rest of the team, I'm a Habs fan and rooting big time for the Predators.

The selfish side of me wished that the Preds kept this incident internally and finds another way to punish them instead of taking them out of the line-up and the incident to go public.

But then again, I guess they want a spark and make sure all the players are pushing in the same direction.

Let's just hope you guys win game 3 and AK and Radu comes back game 4 (hopefully) stronger than ever.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:46 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Ok so I'm skating a thin line here

Discussion of this is, and should be, allowed.

With that said, we have to be careful about how we proceed. Jokes are jokes, but only when the recipient understands that. When they do not understand it is a joke we absolutely must protect our forum.

Speculation is speculation, but only when it does not cross into the territory of libel. When it crosses that line (which is easy to do) we have to kill it.

Let's be adults here. Mistakes happen. Opinions about those mistakes also happen. Let's be reasonable with those opinions, at least the ones posted to HF Boards.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

It's probably bad that I find this whole thing somewhat amusing. I say that because I think we are just as good a team without them, matchup wise.

Now who takes their spot... hmm. If Tootoo has been good since the comments and made peace with management, I'd like to see him go. Then between Hals and Smith, it's a tossup.

Have they said anything about lineups?

Old
05-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Gally11

I thought I read something at some point that Radulov got mad at AK for not passing him the puck on a play at end of regular season (was that true?)... Now they're both suspended for breaking team rules are they friends gone drinking or are they not getting along in locker room causing ****? lol

Old
05-02-2012, 01:48 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Probably not the only person speculating on this but after thinking more about it:

Whether Radulov or AK really care about winning the cup, I guarantee you that at least Radulov cares about earning a big fat UFA paycheck next season. Hopefully if he's going to be greedy at the very least sit your ass down for game three after ****ing up, and then come back into game four giving 100%.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:37 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
It`s a ****** google translated site,but here is a statement from Radulov on a sweedish site
http://translate.google.no/translate...llbaka&act=url

"Radulov himself say they now have realized that he had acted wrong, while he adds a disclaimer and say that he did not came home very late.
- As recently did I still not back, but I accept the suspension, says Radulov to The Tennessean.
They did what they had to do and I accept it.
I'm disappointed and fully understand what a mistake I made.. Now, I hope that things will go well for the team anyway, and if I at some future time have the chance to play here again I'll do whatever I can to help the team win.
"

Old
05-02-2012, 02:37 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I first saw this story on my FB feed and thought this was some kind of late April Fool's/ May Day joke. But oh no, it was/is real.

Regardless of how late they were out or where they were, how stupid do you have to be to out before a second round NHL playoff game? An early evening game, when you're already down 1-0 in the series as well?

It's fine to go out and have fun, but there is a time and a place. It's called being a professional and having enough respect for the rest of your team to maybe not go out for one night. It's not like they work in an office where they can drink coffee all day and sit at a desk.

Clearly these 2 just thought that since they dominated the end of game 1 that game 2 would just continue the same way.

Way to go guys.

Some people are saying why suspend them now. I'm fine with the suspension. If they aren't punished now, they (and the rest of the team) would be given free reign to just go do whatever they want and not have to face any consequences. This way they know if they break the rules, they have to face the punishment. Big deal if they get punished in the off-season, that wouldn't deter any future dumb behavior.

Hopefully the rest of the team will come together and put forth a full TEAM effort and get this series back to a real series.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:45 AM
tnvol

I think Rads is done regardless. The fans will boo him at every game whenever his skates touch the ice. I know I wouldn't want to stick around for that. It's a shame because he is a good player when he want's to be.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:49 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
It`s a ****** google translated site,but here is a statement from Radulov on a sweedish site
http://translate.google.no/translate...llbaka&act=url

"Radulov himself say they now have realized that he had acted wrong, while he adds a disclaimer and say that he did not came home very late.
- As recently did I still not back, but I accept the suspension, says Radulov to The Tennessean.
They did what they had to do and I accept it.
I'm disappointed and fully understand what a mistake I made.. Now, I hope that things will go well for the team anyway, and if I at some future time have the chance to play here again I'll do whatever I can to help the team win.
"
Thanks.

In addition to the above, listen to the following:
http://soundcloud.com/1025thegame/al...ov-locker-room

Old
05-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Like Wall

I knew the russian was gonna screw up one way or another. Typical.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear about this crap...especially from Radulov, who is walking a pretty fine line as it is. The Oilers had a problem like this with Mironov and Kovelenko in the 90's as well. It's too bad for the Preds.

Weber must be pissed off right now, as it seems, from that article posted earlier in this thread, that he put a lot of effort into getting Radulov over here to play.

Good luck the rest of the playoffss. Hopefully there's a silver lining in all of this.

Any guesses on what their reception will be like from the fans in game 4, if they are played? Could be interesting.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:32 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
If the 2 guys do play in Game 4, I just can't imagine Preds fans booing them.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
down 0-2, suspend 2 of your best players in the playoffs? The most important game of YOUR franchise history and they suspend them for one game...I am just trying to understand this bc you just dont go suspending your players for one game while that game happens to thy most impt game in Preds history...

Klima and Probbie back in day, effed up hard (loose goonies incident--google it) and still played the next night....

Why suspend them? fine them, make them sit first few games of next year, but not now.

Down 0-2, doesnt make sense.

PHX canttttttttttt go to the West Finals...Imagine a PHX/LA????!! eeek

Come on Nashville

Old
05-02-2012, 08:40 AM
token grinder

anyone else bothered by Rads interview. Or at least the part of him talking about who brought it up. Said "brought it up, not our team" and then talked about the other side.

Not absolving him of being a dumbass here, but it is kinda fishy

Old
05-02-2012, 08:46 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post

Klima and Probbie back in day, effed up hard (loose goonies incident--google it) and still played the next night....
It's already been compared to that incident on another site. I don't know the answer man. If we win, then awesome. If we lose even worse, then it backfires. Either way, I'm kinda glad that a message was sent. We will now get a couple of guys in that pretty much put the team in good standings this year and can play defense. However, if for some ungodly reason Halischuk still gets scratched, I will be cursing Trotz from the top of my lungs all game long.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
deanwormer

It's the right thing. We all know it, even if we don't wanna' see it happen. Compare it to Probert thing? - why is that assumed to be the "right" answer? Someone already mentioned integrity; I'll mention Accountability. It's a team, a partnership - you owe them. If mgt doesn't hold them to the rules then there is no accountability, and with no accountability you have no commitment and no team.

We have the horses - they get their chances. Better with an all-in Rads and AK, but still good enough to have put us in contention for the division - Toots and Willy have voiced their displeasure, Smitty has played hard when given a chance - Hali is always all-in.

Someone mentioned it's the Preds most important game for the franchise; no doubt. It is - and now we see how much CHARACTER the Preds have - THAT is what is so important to our long-term success.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:04 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
anyone else bothered by Rads interview. Or at least the part of him talking about who brought it up. Said "brought it up, not our team" and then talked about the other side.

I keep listening to it (http://soundcloud.com/1025thegame/al...ov-locker-room) and trying to read between the lines.

All I know is to me he doesn't sound very contrite.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:

Hey, at least he is speaking. Where is AK? Have not seen or read one word from him. Hell, Sk even spoke!

Old
05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
down 0-2, suspend 2 of your best players in the playoffs? The most important game of YOUR franchise history and they suspend them for one game...I am just trying to understand this bc you just dont go suspending your players for one game while that game happens to thy most impt game in Preds history...

The whole Goose Loonies thing is a bad example...because Kilma didn't play the next game (he was injured) and Probert played like ****, the whole team was mad about it, and the team ended up losing that game and the series. Using that incident as an example, I think you could say the Preds are actually doing the right thing by comparison.

Edit...whoops, here's the correct link: http://mitchalbom.com/d/journalism/4...much-more-game

Quote:

I read somewhere that some media guys saw them out around 4AM, so maybe that's the "not our team" person he was alluding to. I didn't like his comments either though, you could tell he wanted to defend himself and was kinda complaining that someone outside the team ratted him out.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 05-03-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: getting personal
Old
05-02-2012, 10:27 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Hey, at least he is speaking. Where is AK? Have not seen or read one word from him. Hell, Sk even spoke!
his english isn't that great.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:30 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

I read somewhere that some media guys saw them out around 4AM, so maybe that's the "not our team" person he was alluding to. I didn't like his comments either though, you could tell he wanted to defend himself and was kinda complaining that someone outside the team ratted him out.

there was a tweet from the puck daddy guy saying people had seen them. These people were nowhere to be found Sat. Night/Sunday morning. I found it odd it comes out after the suspension was announced. Now, W could have been sitting on the info, as not wanting to rock the boat if nothing came of it. But usually news breaks before a reaction, not the other way around.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Why suspend them? fine them, make them sit first few games of next year, but not now.

Down 0-2, doesnt make sense.

PHX canttttttttttt go to the West Finals...Imagine a PHX/LA????!! eeek

Come on Nashville
So win at all cost?

Old
05-02-2012, 10:40 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnvol View Post
I think Rads is done regardless. The fans will boo him at every game whenever his skates touch the ice. I know I wouldn't want to stick around for that. It's a shame because he is a good player when he want's to be.
I doubt it. If they boo him, it will be because of poor play.

All he has to do is be the kind of player we all know he can be, and there will be parades thrown in his honor.

Closed Thread