HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Zuccarello

Old
05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
If Zuccs was healthy, I would have no issues whatsoever playing him 4th line minutes and getting him some PP time.

He's a guy that sees the ice and make plays with the man advantage that other players do not see, cannot make. He makes the team with the man advantage more dangerous.

Granted, he's not moving Gabby or Cally off the top unit, but he should get inserted as the LW on the 2nd unit.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

vCash: 500
I really hope we keep him this offseason. He earned a role on the team on the PP after that AHL stint. If he can play soon and he does play in the playoffs, I expect him to do some damage.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:57 PM
XLJ

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko

If everybody is healthy, I think that would be our best team. But I dont think Torts will take Rupp out of the lineup. Zucc will be the extra forward.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
BroadwayHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Prust-Boyle-Fedotenko

If everybody is healthy, I think that would be our best team. But I dont think Torts will take Rupp out of the lineup. Zucc will be the extra forward.
That would allow you to roll all 4 lines with similar ice times to keep players more fresh.

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Zuccs skated this morning with the team during the morning skate, but left the ice before the major bulk of practice began...interesting. I think if we get to next round, Zuccs is good to go for game 1. But there is a slight chance he can play vs wash in game 6 or 7.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
That would allow you to roll all 4 lines with similar ice times to keep players more fresh.
Torts doesn't want to roll four lines.

05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't know why people assume that once Zuc is healthy, it's an automatic that he gets a spot in the lineup.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Shanahan View Post
I really hope we keep him this offseason. He earned a role on the team on the PP after that AHL stint. If he can play soon and he does play in the playoffs, I expect him to do some damage.
He hasn't earned role on this team.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He hasn't earned role on this team.
Agreed but thats likely because he got hurt. he was doing very well on the 3rd/4th line and PP.

If someone gets hurt and Zuke is healthy he would be put in the lineup. Other options stink in the minors. I know Kreider is bigger and a better prospect but he was thrown in Zuke would be too

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Agreed but thats likely because he got hurt. he was doing very well on the 3rd/4th line and PP.

If someone gets hurt and Zuke is healthy he would be put in the lineup. Other options stink in the minors. I know Kreider is bigger and a better prospect but he was thrown in Zuke would be too
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

My point is he has not earned a spot on next year's team as someone suggested.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
I don't know why people assume that once Zuc is healthy, it's an automatic that he gets a spot in the lineup.
I don't assume it but I'd like to see it. Our PP is a big problem and he will help it succeed. We need to capitalize in these one goal games on a reasonable amount of our chances. This will make our opponents honest. Torts is barely playing the 4th line anyway.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Quote:

My point is he has not earned a spot on next year's team as someone suggested.
That depends. Did he earn a spot on the roster? Probably not. Did he prove that he can be a useful player? I think he did. Has he proved that he can be it consistently? He has not, but then again he hasn't really had the opportunity too.

Has he earned a new 2-way contract, a 2nd look with his play in the NHL and the minors? I think he has and so did Sather before Z got hurt. He'll have camp too earn a spot.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Disagree. Unless we get a UFA third liner, it's Zuc's spot.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Disagree. Unless we get a UFA third liner, it's Zuc's spot.
First of all, he doesn't have a contract for next season. Second, he simply hasn't done enough to be handed a spot. If he wants tore-sign and compete for one, fine.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
First of all, he doesn't have a contract for next season. Second, he simply hasn't done enough to be handed a spot. He can resign and compete for one.
Well it would be incredibly stupid not to resign him.

He added a different dynamic to our atrocious powerplay and I felt he earned a spot with his play from 10-11, too. If it wasn't for his injury, he'd still be on this roster.

Sure, he needs to compete for it- but he's going to win it. Giving it back to John Mitchell or another scrub if they have a decent training camp would be bad roster management.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Torts doesn't want to roll four lines.
That would give him four lines in direct competition who will earn the most ice time on any given night though. You roll with those who play well.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Well it would be incredibly stupid not to resign him.
It's not stupid to not re-sign him especially if the coach isn't sold on him. He's due a QO with a raise on 1.75M. Is he worth it?

Quote:
He added a different dynamic to our atrocious powerplay and I felt he earned a spot with his play from 10-11, too. If it wasn't for his injury, he'd still be on this roster.
He's a guy with 11 career power play points. This isn't Dave Andreychuk we're talking about here. And for an undersized guy who is not the best skater, injuries can't be looked at as an aside.

Quote:
Sure, he needs to compete for it- but he's going to win it. Giving it back to John Mitchell or another scrub if they have a decent training camp would be bad roster management.
You can call Mitchell a scrub. I'm not particularly enamored with him. But what you and I think doesn't matter, the coach seems to like and trust him. And Mitchell is not a 3rd liner, he's a fourth liner.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
That would give him four lines in direct competition who will earn the most ice time on any given night though. You roll with those who play well.
In theory. But the coach doesn't do that.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
It's not stupid to not re-sign him especially if the coach isn't sold on him. He's due a QO with a raise on 1.75M. Is he worth it?

He's a guy with 11 career power play points. This isn't Dave Andreychuk we're talking about here. And for an undersized guy who is not the best skater, injuries can't be looked at as an aside.

You can call Mitchell a scrub. I'm not particularly enamored with him. But what you and I think doesn't matter, the coach seems to like and trust him. And Mitchell is not a 3rd liner, he's a fourth liner.
Is his QO a raise? I thought we were going on and on about how we didn't have to give him a raise and that for some reason we could qualify him at a mil or something like that. I could be wrong

Considering his first injury was a fluke and this is from blocking a shot in the wrong spot, then yes, I'm not going to give much credence to his injuries.

Mitchell was played as a third liner through much of the regular season. I'm pretty sure he has one year left on his contract and we're not resigning him anyway. I guess you're right, it's up to Torts, but if Torts values John Mitchell more than MZA then I strongly disagree with him. I also think Tort's mancrush on certain players has hurt us in certain situations, like giving Boyle significantly more minutes than Arty last game when Arty was clearly having a better game, it's really one of my only criticisms of him, so i'm saying simply what I think is the right thing to do.

Nobody's saying he's Dave Andreychuk. But he's a guy who had a .5 PPG pace in his first season, and his defensive "deficiencies" are blown way out of proportion. WAY out of proportion. He's a talented player that should be playing on a team that lacks talent.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Is his QO a raise? I thought we were going on and on about how we didn't have to give him a raise and that for some reason we could qualify him at a mil or something like that. I could be wrong

Considering his first injury was a fluke and this is from blocking a shot in the wrong spot, then yes, I'm not going to give much credence to his injuries.

Mitchell was played as a third liner through much of the regular season. I'm pretty sure he has one year left on his contract and we're not resigning him anyway. I guess you're right, it's up to Torts, but if Torts values John Mitchell more than MZA then I strongly disagree with him. I also think Tort's mancrush on certain players has hurt us in certain situations, like giving Boyle significantly more minutes than Arty last game when Arty was clearly having a better game, it's really one of my only criticisms of him, so i'm saying simply what I think is the right thing to do.

Nobody's saying he's Dave Andreychuk. But he's a guy who had a .5 PPG pace in his first season, and his defensive "deficiencies" are blown way out of proportion. WAY out of proportion. He's a talented player that should be playing on a team that lacks talent.
All players who are RFA receive a QO (with a raise) in order for the team to retain that player's rights. If the Rangers don't offer him a QO, he becomes a UFA.

I think Anisimov has been pretty terrible all season. So I can't fault Torts for playing Boyle more because when AA isn't scoring, Boyle does more.

You can look at his .5 PPG last year but the majority of those points didn't come on the power play.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:52 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
A QO for Zuccarello wouldn't be a raise cap wise, because of the bonuses in his ELC. It would take $945K to qualify him.

Should be worth it.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:15 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
It's not stupid to not re-sign him — especially if the coach isn't sold on him. He's due a QO with a raise on 1.75M. Is he worth it?
I believe his QO is a lot lower since 800-900k was in bonuses. That would bring his QO down to about $1 million.

I could be wrong on this, hopefully whoever originally posted this can back me up.

EDIT: I see I was beaten by not one but two folks, apologies on that....

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:29 PM
eddieras

depends how long dubi is out and how deep rangers go--- it could happen

i can't seem to post link - from BleacherReport
NHL Playoffs 2012: Could Mats Zuccarello Replace Injured Brandon Dubinsky?
By James Wrabel, Jr

If Dubinsky is out for an extended period of time, someone has to take his spot. If healthy, that person may just be Zuccarello.
Before breaking his wrist, Zuccarello looked to be a player who could help the Rangers offense, particularly the power play. A playmaker by trade, Zuccarello, despite being generously listed at 5'7'', is skilled at finding open players in the offensive zone and delivers quick, crisp passes—something the Rangers get sloppy with occasionally, especially when moving the puck with a man advantage.

The Rangers have lacked depth this postseason. John Scott, acquired at this year's deadline, has not seen the ice this postseason. After him, the options are limited and include moving defenseman Stu Bickel to wing and inserting Steve Eminger.

If Zuccarello is truly making progress and could return in this series, he has to be considered the replacement for Dubinsky.

Last edited by eddieras: 05-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
eddieras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
North Star

vCash: 572
I really want to see the soon to be famous Kreiderello PP magic in this round!!!

North Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:21 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
All players who are RFA receive a QO (with a raise) in order for the team to retain that player's rights. If the Rangers don't offer him a QO, he becomes a UFA.
I think Anisimov has been pretty terrible all season. So I can't fault Torts for playing Boyle more because when AA isn't scoring, Boyle does more.

You can look at his .5 PPG last year but the majority of those points didn't come on the power play.
As others has stated,Zuccas QO would be 945 and most likely a two way deal.
Would that change your opinion instead of at 1.75?

Almost everybody praised his game the last stint of 7 games,and he clearly improved the powerplay,no?

And when he got hurt,he showed a lot of heart IMO,by with a fractured wrist and one arm got the puck and passed it to Boyle,so he could clear it out of Rangers defencive sone.

Hope my weak english make some sense for you.Sorry

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote