HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Denmark

Old
05-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Finnpin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishdynamite View Post
Hardt almost always delivers on the NT. Yesterday I believe he was 1+1 in the danish 1. line, and his enthusiasm and energy is very important for the team.
That's why we Jokerit fans like him...plus he has grit in his game too.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
There wasn't any chemistry in any of the lines at all. I agree with you guys.
The 1 st line wasn't amazing - Frans Nielsen and Philip Larsen was, and that was the reason for the success.

I usually always have faith in Bäckman, and i still think he knows what he is doing. However, IMO Eller really HAS to be that 2nd line center, with Hansen on the 1st line.

The reason for the success in Germany 2 years ago was because we split Regin and Nielsen, having 2 solid 2-way centers on the ice almost all the time. We have that in Eller and Nielsen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
That's why we Jokerit fans like him...plus he has grit in his game too.
That's why we've always loved him, and thought he was going to be a success in Jokerit. Nice to hear that it worked out that way.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Bank

Very nice first 10-15 minuts. From there on it wasn't anywhere near what you'd hope for

Don't know if they called it out on TV but jebus did some of the D-men slack off on the duties IMO. Obviously it's pre-tournament match and all but for ******* sake cover you guys and finish your checks

On the plus side:

- Italy should be 3 points. One blunder by Hersby(Where were you going buddy?), and an unfortunate reflection from the stick of Lassen. Even though Denmark made bunch of turnovers that's all they had to show. They're gonna have to find another compete level to be a threat in game 2.
- Frans and Philip was freaking flying out there. Great to see them doing well. Key players.
- IMO both the third and fourth line had shifts where they dominated the game and got serious zone-time.

Improvenments to be made:

- I agree that the second line needs a shot of offensive skill. If it comes from Mads C. or Eller is besides the point. Julian Jakobsen will have to ride a wingers spot in the first line if Eller has to be the solution. Either way it's not working. Madsen and Jannik Hansen are fine being the type of players they are. They just need a guy that can set them up. Cue to Lars Eller...

- I'm not quite sure i'm a big fan of the D-pairrings. Daniel Nielsen was missed. But the Philip Larsen-Jesper Jensen-pairring is a boom/bust pairring in my eyes. Jesper Jensen has great things ahead of him, no doubt, but he seriously needs to cut back on some of the turnovers.

- Defence needs to take it up a notch. We aren't doing ourselves any favours being so lazy with the first pass either.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:57 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Malmö fans also love Hardt! He was great in Malmö Redhawks.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Justinov

Possibility of Hardt in the NHL?

Nichlas Hardt is a hardworking and very aggressive player that has had an excellent year in the land of SISU (Goldhelmet for Jokerit in front of Teemu Pulkkinen or Jarkko Ruuto! that both has been drafted)
Why has he not been drafted or later called by an NHL or AHL club???
He was excellent at the WC 2010. Since NHL today is not totally blind to the existence of danish players, what could be the reason? His lack of size?
1.77 cm and 80 kg according to eliteprospects.com.
I could understand that he would prefer playing in Jokerit for an AHL club, but since all the danish forwards in NHL are highly regarded for their 2-way game (Nielsen, Hansen, Regin, Eller, Bødker) and generally hard work every shift, why no club has come forward. He is still young (1988), so that shouldn't be the obstacle.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
danishdynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Why has he not been drafted or later called by an NHL or AHL club???
I'm sure he would be succesful in a NHL 3.line. This year he should get a lot of points playing with Nielsen and Eller, so maybe somebody will offer him a contract. Most likely a 2-way though.

And if he waits one year to go it would be better for Denmarks OG-qualification.

danishdynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:52 AM
danishdynamite

Predators won and cut Coytes' lead to 2-1. The dream scenario for Denmark is 3 straight Nashville wins and Bødker would be available for the last 3 matches against Germany, Latvia and Norway.

Hopefully that would also force Bäckman to use Eller as 2. line C.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:17 AM
jonas2244

Quote:
Most likely a 2-way though.
Every ELC (Entry Level Contract) has to be 2-way, so there's no possibility for a one-way for Hardt.

jonas2244 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Mikkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Every ELC (Entry Level Contract) has to be 2-way, so there's no possibility for a one-way for Hardt.
Players age 25 and older can sign 'normal' NHL contracts (ie. they don't have to sign an ELC), so he would be eligible to sign a one-way contract next year (after his birthday in July). He could also sign a 1 year ELC contract this summer (again, after July).

I don't know if he has a NHL clause in his Jokerit-contract though, and I would assume that Hardt will be perfectly happy with playing out his recently extended contract (2 years) anyway.

Mikkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel View Post
I don't know if he has a NHL clause in his Jokerit-contract though, and I would assume that Hardt will be perfectly happy with playing out his recently extended contract (2 years) anyway.
I'm pretty sure he has NHL clause or his agent is idiot. I'm little bit of afraid if the Worlds go well with him he could get interest from NHL and go trying there next season. But that's ok if it happens...you have to aim high.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
How big of a loss is it for Denmark, that Mads Christensen won't be able to play?

I really liked his game in the DEL again this year, especially in the playoffs, and was looking forward to see him play for Denmark.

I still expect the Danish team to do well and probably finish 4th in the group.

But I am wondering what you all think about what kind of impact if any the absence of Christensen will have on the team.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
danishdynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
How big of a loss is it for Denmark, that Mads Christensen won't be able to play?
It's a big loss for sure. Our 2.line will suffer - against Italy they were terrible.

And it also means that we will play Lykkeskov from the Danish league in our 3. line instead of Madsen from SEL.

It's a tough break indeed - especially when Nicklas Jensen, who could have filled the role on 2.line, also is injured.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Justinov

Loss of Mads Christensen and other danish stars.

Mads Christensen's sudden headache was furtunately not a blod clot, but possible a severe migraine (according to sporten.dk). Such an attack can really incapacitate you for a long time afterwards, so it's good that he is not pressing himself. Stress and fatigue are generally factors that can start migraines.

That leaves out 4 out of the most likely top-9 forwards for the WC. (Mikkel Bødker, Peter Regin, Nicklas Jensen & Mads Christensen). Since Denmark still lack depth, it means we will have to play danish league players on the 3'rd and 4'th line which probably will be managable with the Italy, Latvia, Germany, Norway but will give us much less change to withstand the Czech, Sweden and Russia a whole match. The first lines will have to work enormously and that will hurt the team in a matchwise tightly packed championship. We have often seen Denmark run out of steam in the late part of a WC. With an extra quality line, that might be avoided. With the loss of Mads Christensen we went from having possible 3 ok lines to only 2, since as stated above we had to move Morten Madsen a line up.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Justinov

just to supplement the above.
The Swiss team shows it has the depth to be a tough nut to crack even for a very good canadian team (for being a WC). That depth is not simply out of reach now for the danish team (even with all the stars I will still rank the Swiss as the better team). I still have hope they can muster the energy to secure a quarterfinal, but Latvia, Norway, Germany and Denmark is almost on a totally equal level. Anyone that loose point to Italy can really make it hard for themselves, so it's lucky Denmark have them as the second match while the Frans Nielsen line is still fresh.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Hey guys, is Frans the captain? Or does he have an A?

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTintedVisor View Post
Hey guys, is Frans the captain? Or does he have an A?
No. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1180949

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Bank

The whole "missing 4 out of 9 top forwards" isn't the big issue. We're not used to having all our NHL-guys avaliable anyway. The loss of Mads Christensen is big because he would fit perfectly between Madsen and Hansen. Btw why would Morten Madsen end up in the third line while Julian Jakobsen is still in the second line? Makes no sence.

I hope a couple og bad games is enough for Bäckman to see that Eller needs to play 2C so we will be fine for the last games where everything will be on the line.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:00 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Wow, That's pretty ******* insulting.

He's like the best player in the history of the country.

He's good enough to have a letter on his team but not his country with 3 NHLers?

Old
05-04-2012, 04:12 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTintedVisor View Post
Wow, That's pretty ******* insulting.

He's like the best player in the history of the country.

He's good enough to have a letter on his team but not his country with 3 NHLers?
Relax.
An NHL player shouldn't be a captain of the NT for a country like Denmark, since we can't count on him every time. Frans himself have even said this, so don't count on him being insulted

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:36 AM
danishdynamite

6 hours left.. Go Denmark!

My expectations are low, but I still hope for the miracle.

Hope to see a similar change as that in 2010, where we lost 10-3 to Sweden just before WC, and then beat Finland 4-1 some days later.

Who will make a game-thread?

Old
05-04-2012, 04:52 AM
zorz

Quote:
6 hours left.. Go Denmark!

My expectations are low, but I still hope for the miracle.

Hope to see a similar change as that in 2010, where we lost 10-3 to Sweden just before WC, and then beat Finland 4-1 some days later.

Who will make a game-thread?
don't worry, Systemfel will make it. Patience

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:42 AM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Relax.
An NHL player shouldn't be a captain of the NT for a country like Denmark, since we can't count on him every time. Frans himself have even said this, so don't count on him being insulted
Sorry, Im just a giant Frans Nielsen fanboy.

Old
05-04-2012, 03:53 PM
danishdynamite

Wow.. amazing game by Denmark - except for not scoring.

I wouldn't mind seing the Czech again in the QF - we outplayed them in 2 periods.

And the 2.line was much better than last game. Hansen was amazing and Jakobsen lifted his game.

The 1. line spent the most of their TOI in the Czech zone and was a constant threat.

2 key moments imo was not scoring on the 5-3 and Frans Nielsen fumble away a 3 against 1 in the 1. periode.

But all in all very promising for the rest of the tournament.

Old
05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Wow.. amazing game by Denmark - except for not scoring.

I wouldn't mind seing the Czech again in the QF - we outplayed them in 2 periods.

And the 2.line was much better than last game. Hansen was amazing and Jakobsen lifted his game.

The 1. line spent the most of their TOI in the Czech zone and was a constant threat.

2 key moments imo was not scoring on the 5-3 and Frans Nielsen fumble away a 3 against 1 in the 1. periode.

But all in all very promising for the rest of the tournament.
I totally agree. If the 5-3 had ended in a danish goal we might have had a danish win, or at least an OT. Don't see the czech make it better than 1-1 in that case. Frans Nielsen seems to be the danish key player (and really making the first line a constant threat). You are right the second line was a lot better than the Italy game, but then Jannik Hansen had almost just arrived from Vancouver. Also real shame with Eller's shot on the helmet. No chance for Kovar if it had been 20 cm to either side.

Old
05-04-2012, 04:39 PM
danishdynamite

The most surprising was that even our 3. line could keep the puck for long time in the off zone. Of course the best chances came from transition play, but with the play the Czech shoved, I'm a little worried that Latvia, Germany og Norway could win against them.

Before my expectations to Denmark was low, but they proved that they can play with the big nations - and even outplay them.

I expect a blowout against Italy. 6-1