HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky practicing with full contact jersey

Old
04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'm just guessing but from what's in this thread I'm hoping he returns for next series.

That said, do we get to call up an injury replacement, and if so who?
We can call up anyone we want at any time. The fact that we haven't, and started Eminger as a forward in game 1, should be telling.

Once the Whale are done (and assuming we are still playing), some of the players from Hartford who are under contract will be brought up to practice with the Rangers. That's how Korpikoski ended up getting into his first NHL game.

Who knows, we might even have a Redden sighting. But more than likely it would be players like Erixon, Wellman, Valentenko, Bell, Newbury. Maybe 1 or 2 others.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Honestly there are a lot people on here who dont appreciate anything a guy does. The same people who campaigned for Rozi to be gone while he was our best D man for two seasons and has been rock solid for Pho. Everyone wants to jump the gun on a player and than Dubi is a huge part of another team if hes gone.

I like the kid hes a guy who can create a play out of nothing, one of the only players we have who can do this. Which is so key against tough Defensive teams who if we ever should advance to the Cup Finals we will play.

And i dont understand the picking on Mitchell. WHO HAS BEEN A SOLID PLAYER ALL ****IN SEASON! What the hell do same fans watch. Hes done nothing wrong all season on the fourth line and even can contribute offensively which he has done. I really dont get what people watch out there. Rupp is the one guy who should be in and out of the lineup, but even he has elevated lately. People have to realize you dont get far with weak players, and i think we have a good shot at getting to atleast the Conferance finals, which is far and if we had two guys in Mitchell and Dubi not doing anything and sucked we wouldint make the playoffs, the NHL is that tight.

Look at Wolski on Fla the same guy people wanted to play here, he played one playoff game and was out. You can win with weak player not one, so if these guys were what some of you think we wouldint win.
Don't think Coyote fans would agree with this massive exaggeration. In fact, he was a healthy scratch last night replaced by a rookie. He was serviceable, just like he was here the last couple of years. No better.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Sucks but oh well.Lets be realistic, does it really matter/.he is far from effective anywhere....this was his last chance i believe,did nothing and now injured..yeah he will be moved before the season starts,most likley.IMO.

He had the PRIMARY assist in a series clinching goal in a Game 7. On one leg. Lower your expectations a bit.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:09 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
We can call up anyone we want at any time. The fact that we haven't, and started Eminger as a forward in game 1, should be telling.

Once the Whale are done (and assuming we are still playing), some of the players from Hartford who are under contract will be brought up to practice with the Rangers. That's how Korpikoski ended up getting into his first NHL game.

Who knows, we might even have a Redden sighting. But more than likely it would be players like Erixon, Wellman, Valentenko, Bell, Newbury. Maybe 1 or 2 others.
Thanks GAGLine.
What's your preference?

1. Erixon, shift Bickel to LW, juggle other Fs
2 Wellman
3 Other (specify)

Thnks.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

[QUOTE=Janerixon;49017749]You clearly did not read my post. I said you need DEPTH to make it far in the playoffs, we did not have any depth to replace injured players. Obviously no one was going to come in and do what Callahan did for last years team, but good teams have depth and players have to step it up.

Dubinsky was stepping up for Boyle while he was hurt, maybe not offensively, but he did a nice job on the faceoffs, the PK, and as a shutdown center.[/QUOTE]

Which is what Dubinsky does a good job at, I just think he isn't a very good left wing.
A good two-way center. This is what I would like to see him used as more.

Push Boyle down to 4c and let him take draws along with Dubinsky,if they gets back healthy.

Old
04-30-2012, 03:18 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
He's been avenged!!!

oh man! hahaha

Dubi is still a good penalty killer, he's good on the boards, excellent at shaking checkers (I credit Jagr for this), and great at carrying the puck through the neutral zone. We'd all take his contributions over Mitchell any day. He's a guy you can play in the final 5 minutes of a game. Hope he gets well soon but it sounds like he'll be out 4 weeks or so. blind guess!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
How do you even consider sitting Kreider at this point? You think Mitchell is improving but you don't mention Kreider's rapid improvement?

Dubi is a sad story for me... I want him to succeed with the NYR so bad, and I know he doesn't want to be anywhere else but with the Rangers. It's just very clear that he has absolutely no confidence in himself right now... at least not offensively.

He has been fine on the PK and has been PRETTY good cycling/protecting the puck behind the opposing team's net, but I want to see him get to the front of the net and start banging bodies and burying rebounds. If he plants himself in front of the net and stays strong there, he will get all those opportunities he's waiting for.

A couple of concerning things about Dubi are his decisions/reactions and his current skating ability. His decision making seems to have slowed down and his reactions when it comes to handling passes and giving passes seems a little below par for what Dubi can do. And on his skating, why is he falling down so much? I don't know if I'm making this up, but I feel like Dubi fell down when he could've made some nice plays this season... could just be me nitpicking though.

If he sticks around for next season I'll be pulling for him like always.

Jameson. Jack Daniels. Grey Goose.Right before a game.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Anyone think dubi will be back this series?

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
McDunna with Fries

For those of you citing records with/without certain Rangers, cue the 0-1 without Doobs!

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:36 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Anyone think dubi will be back this series?
I'm certain he will be...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

it seems as if Dubinsky's role this year has been to forecheck below the net, hustle back on defense and to make the goalie look good when he stops Brandon's shot.

I think he brings a complete game in size, speed and competitiveness that NY needs. Lucky for NY they don't need BD to score much this year.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Dubi really needs to come back.

He still has something to prove.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:51 AM
egelband

dubinsky has had a rough year but he has kept a good attitude and done what he can to help the team. he just seems to...overthink things. maybe it's the contract. maybe it's just the way he rolls. but he has good skills and a good motor. he will eventually turn it around and, until that time, he is still a good guy to have on the team.
in short, you don't sell low on him and i think the odds are good he turns it around. and, the dude is through-and-through, a ranger.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
Which is what Dubinsky does a good job at, I just think he isn't a very good left wing.
A good two-way center. This is what I would like to see him used as more.

Push Boyle down to 4c and let him take draws along with Dubinsky,if they gets back healthy.
THIS. 100% Dubi is a pretty crappy winger. Put him in center and leave him there. He's clearly more comfortable there and it reflects his play... Richards-Stepan-Boyle-Dubinsky should be our 4 centers... Not Anisimov, Not Rupp, Not Mitchell. Dubi probably would do 50%+ on faceoffs, too.

I think he learned a lot from Richards (50%+ when he doesn't get thrown out ) with faceoffs, too.

Wing requires more skating... Dubi never was the best skater... after the injury it has been a LOT worse. Let him play what he is good at.

Boyle as 4th sounds pretty accurate, too. He played like trash last game.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Dubinsky had a career year at LW, and now people are saying he's not suited to play there?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dubinsky's biggest problem is between his ears. He has no idea what kind of player he is. He wants the puck on his stick, but doesn't have the vision to make plays. He still thinks "pass" before shot. He doesn't use his size and speed enough when rushing the puck. Too many dangles and jukes when all he needs to do is put the pedal down and lean the body on the defender.

He's a 3rd line center, or a borderline 2nd line wing. Boyle is this teams 3rd line center moving forward. Tortorella loves him.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
CM PUNK

Kevin DeLury ‏ @TheNYRBlog
Never a good thing when Dubinsky is strolling around Manhattan in a cast and crutches. Here's the pic: http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2012-ar...in-a-boot.html #nyr #nyrangers

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

however you look at it

having Dubinsky around is a good problem to have

as opposed to having a bad problem

for a good example of a bad problem to have look at the 97 team

as far as Dubinsky at pivot goes, clearly Richards, Stepan and Boyle have 3 of the 4 positions locked up. I have also clearly heard Tortorella saying that Brandon is a winger for NY

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Dubinsky had a career year at LW, and now people are saying he's not suited to play there?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dubinsky's biggest problem is between his ears. He has no idea what kind of player he is. He wants the puck on his stick, but doesn't have the vision to make plays. He still thinks "pass" before shot. He doesn't use his size and speed enough when rushing the puck. Too many dangles and jukes when all he needs to do is put the pedal down and lean the body on the defender.

He's a 3rd line center, or a borderline 2nd line wing. Boyle is this teams 3rd line center moving forward. Tortorella loves him.
Couldnt agree more about Dubi's psyche. When hes at center, he is even more confused thinking he needs to be a playmaker.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
OverTheCap

Hopefully Boyle will start winning some faceoffs if Dubi is out for some time.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:11 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Didn't even realize he was missing. Nor did I really miss him.
Exactly the way I feel. Dubi in or out of the lineup is about equal to Rupp or Fedotenko in our out of the lineup. And those guys are expected to do less and are compensated as such.

Role players are expendable (i.e. guys like Brouwer) and Dubinsky has been at best, a role player this year.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
THIS. 100% Dubi is a pretty crappy winger. Put him in center and leave him there. He's clearly more comfortable there and it reflects his play... Richards-Stepan-Boyle-Dubinsky should be our 4 centers... Not Anisimov, Not Rupp, Not Mitchell. Dubi probably would do 50%+ on faceoffs, too.

I think he learned a lot from Richards (50%+ when he doesn't get thrown out ) with faceoffs, too.

Wing requires more skating... Dubi never was the best skater... after the injury it has been a LOT worse. Let him play what he is good at.

Boyle as 4th sounds pretty accurate, too. He played like trash last game.
Sorry but centers tend to cover more territory than wings--they have more defensive responsibilities--at least usually.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

He made the trip to DC obv, still in a walking boot and still on crutches.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Hope he comes back. Weird to think that he might never play in a Ranger jersey again.

Edit: because he might get traded not because I think this injury is career ending. Just to clarify.

Last edited by Killem Dafoe: 05-02-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
He made the trip to DC obv, still in a walking boot and still on crutches.
Because he WILL play a game in DC...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Hope he comes back. Weird to think that he might never play in a Ranger jersey again.

Edit: because he might get traded not because I think this injury is career ending. Just to clarify.
oops nevermind lol i am an idiot

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote