HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

it's clear what the Habs need.

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2006, 07:26 PM
galuda

vCash: 500
I think Arnott + Redden also costs 10 million+... we don't have THAT much room

Old
03-17-2006, 07:28 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuda
I think Arnott + Redden also costs 10 million+... we don't have THAT much room

We have 19M$ this summer.

Old
03-17-2006, 07:32 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Yep, our team should focus on defence and offence this summer!

Arnott? Why? Wouldn't you want to sign a guy like Elias instead? A ELITE WINGER! Sure, Arnott is a good leader and has alot of character...but we need consistency too. Elias is a lw and would be a good fit. He's really consistent and he'd put the puck in the net, on a regular basis. Kovalev is clutch and really skilled but like I said we need consistency (even though he's our best scorer).

As for the d's, we should really try to get the best one (Chara if possible but he's going to ask for almost the max). Redden would be great too, he's good in his zone and good offensively.

Anyways, we made some cap room and that's why I think, we won the theo trade.

Old
03-17-2006, 07:33 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas

Ribs has been playing much better lately, but he doesn't fit with this team. Obviously BG/Carbo have picked Koivu as their small scoring center, but we need some size down the middle that can play a regular shift. Plekanec is excellent in his current role and will only become better with time. .
Are you saying that Plekanec is the center with '' size '' the Habs need ? Plekanec = Koivu , and is going to be probably as injury prone than him , because of his size and style of game .

Having Plekanec and Koivu as first and second line centers would be like a suicide .

Old
03-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Strohmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Yep, our team should focus on defence and offence this summer!

Arnott? Why? Wouldn't you want to sign a guy like Elias instead? A ELITE WINGER! Sure, Arnott is a good leader and has alot of character...but we need consistency too. Elias is a lw and would be a good fit. He's really consistent and he'd put the puck in the net, on a regular basis. Kovalev is clutch and really skilled but like I said we need consistency (even though he's our best scorer).

As for the d's, we should really try to get the best one (Chara if possible but he's going to ask for almost the max). Redden would be great too, he's good in his zone and good offensively.

Anyways, we made some cap room and that's why I think, we won the theo trade.
I like the sound of that.
I'd love to see Elias in a Montreal uniform.
I think Redden would be a better fit than Chara, and a bit cheaper too.

Old
03-17-2006, 09:51 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strohmachine
I like the sound of that.
I'd love to see Elias in a Montreal uniform.
I think Redden would be a better fit than Chara, and a bit cheaper too.
Elias would be great though there is no way that NJ lets him go.

Old
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Raider917

Theres no question in my mind that the best thing Montreal can do in the off-season is get a high quality Defenseman. If that doesnt happen, it will be another long, up and down season next year.

If Gainey goes out and spends big money on a forward and virtually nothing on defense(like he did last year when signing Kovalev and getting Dandenault), i will be extremely pi$$ed.

IF he can possibly get Redden or Chara id throw everything at them to get them. With a stronger defense, every one of the forwards will have more time in the offensive zone but getting power forwards to me is pointless. they can only be productive in the offensive zone and with this current defense, that doesnt happen a lot.

Old
03-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
Theres no question in my mind that the best thing Montreal can do in the off-season is get a high quality Defenseman. If that doesnt happen, it will be another long, up and down season next year.

If Gainey goes out and spends big money on a forward and virtually nothing on defense(like he did last year when signing Kovalev and getting Dandenault), i will be extremely pi$$ed.

IF he can possibly get Redden or Chara id throw everything at them to get them. With a stronger defense, every one of the forwards will have more time in the offensive zone but getting power forwards to me is pointless. they can only be productive in the offensive zone and with this current defense, that doesnt happen a lot.
Is it likely that the Habs will get Redden or Chara? I don't think so. How about setting your sights a little lower?

Old
03-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Is it likely that the Habs will get Redden or Chara? I don't think so. How about setting your sights a little lower?
Montreal cant get the top notch free agent Defenseman but "elite" teams like Columbus can?

Old
03-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Jonsson would be a nice addition. I'd also look at Kubina, Mitchell, and McKee (if cheap).

Old
03-18-2006, 05:25 AM
J-D

Jonsson or Johnsson? Because the former (if youre talking about Kenny), well he's in Sweden for good...

Old
03-18-2006, 06:20 AM
twelve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite
more cow bell.

Old
03-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
Jonsson or Johnsson? Because the former (if youre talking about Kenny), well he's in Sweden for good...
That's what I thought, but I saw a report after the Olympics that he wanted to return to the NHL. Still unlikely that by "NHL" he means "Montreal" and not "Detroit" or wherever, but it's nice to think about.

Old
03-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Russeltown

I wish for a Defenseman instead of Forward

We have Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Chipchura. Those guys will be in the big club within 4 years.

Isn't that enough?

Is Emelin our top propspect defenseman?

Definitely, we should look for a top-notch defenseman!

Old
03-18-2006, 03:18 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYn
I wish for a Defenseman instead of Forward

We have Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Chipchura. Those guys will be in the big club within 4 years.

Isn't that enough?

Is Emelin our top propspect defenseman?

Definitely, we should look for a top-notch defenseman!
Defense is definately the top priority. Sign one and bring Emelin. Use Komisarek for trade bait and get a top 2 line center.

Old
03-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Defense is definately the top priority. Sign one and bring Emelin. Use Komisarek for trade bait and get a top 2 line center.
Isn't that like robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Old
03-18-2006, 03:28 PM
FTK

Quote:
Habs have the second worst offense in the east. How is defense definately the top priority?

Old
03-18-2006, 04:16 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
Habs have the second worst offense in the east. How is defense definately the top priority?
It is simple: We need another offensive d-man that can support Markov. With that defenseman aboard our transition game would be upgraded and our speedy forward will be way more useful. Our offense would automaticly be better. 1 + 1 = 2 my friend!

Old
03-18-2006, 05:20 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
It is simple: We need another offensive d-man that can support Markov. With that defenseman aboard our transition game would be upgraded and our speedy forward will be way more useful. Our offense would automaticly be better. 1 + 1 = 2 my friend!
Thanks dawg for explaining.

Old
03-18-2006, 05:22 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Thanks dawg for explaining.
My pleasure

Old
03-18-2006, 06:17 PM
FTK

Not that I dont think our defense could be upgraded, but an elite forward is by far our top priority. Right now our lack of offense make our defense look bad, but it's actually our strengh.

At the end of the season, we could have nobody on our roster with 30 and more goals. That, in the new NHL, is pathetic.

Old
03-18-2006, 06:23 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
Not that I dont think our defense could be upgraded, but an elite forward is by far our top priority. Right now our lack of offense make our defense look bad, but it's actually our strengh.

At the end of the season, we could have nobody on our roster with 30 and more goals. That, in the new NHL, is pathetic.
I dont think u understand. Offense comes from Defense and our defense is not very good. Without a transition game its almost impossible to sustain any offense because you're too busy making countless turnovers.

Old
03-18-2006, 06:35 PM
HabuseMoi

I don't like it when people say we need a CENTER, i'd most rather try to get the best possible forward even if he is not a center.

Old
03-18-2006, 08:53 PM
FTK

Quote:
I dont think u understand. Offense comes from Defense and our defense is not very good. Without a transition game its almost impossible to sustain any offense because you're too busy making countless turnovers.
as much as offense comes from defense, defense comes from offense.

Take a look at Carolina. This team's strengh is clearly offense and depth. An excellent forward group will make your defense and goaltending look good.

Closed Thread