HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov and Kostitisyn scratched for game 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 500
Watch out for AK he has been know to sulk and drag his feet after coming back from being reprimanded/scratched etc.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

All I can think of is this.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Watch out for AK he has been know to sulk and drag his feet after coming back from being reprimanded/scratched etc.
Why have we not heard from him? People are analyzing Radulov interview....at least he spoke. Even SK made a comment.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
dulzhok

I'd like to know exactly what happened. Until then, just have to focus on tonight.

We could have easily won game one. Take out a couple of major brainfarts in game 2, and we win that one too.

It's time for people to step up, and it's time to cut the crap. Hoping for the best tonight-- the season is on the line.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:42 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Why have we not heard from him? People are analyzing Radulov interview....at least he spoke. Even SK made a comment.
Radulov is an RFA, AK is a UFA. Funny thing is Trotz might have told him to pound sand.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

They both practiced. They both took the morning skate. What is done is done. I think the team has put it behind them and is moving on.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

JoshuaCooper ‏

[Trotz] Also says they didn't know about Radulov and Kostitsyn until after Game 2

Old
05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Wall View Post
I knew the russian was gonna screw up one way or another. Typical.
His nationality doesn't have much to do with this.

His work ethic does.

Believe you me, if that were Tootoo and Legwand going out on the town they'd probably be getting suspended for even longer.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
hatedandproud

Absolut awesomness from OTF!!

IMO, both of these guys are gone next year. They showed their commitment to the team by their actions.

This team played well before these guys got here and they will again.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
His nationality doesn't have much to do with this.

His work ethic does.

Believe you me, if that were Tootoo and Legwand going out on the town they'd probably be getting suspended for even longer.
Tootoo has essentially been suspended for the past 10 games or so...

I don't think Legwand would get any less of a pass than Radulov. I'd venture he'd get more of a pass.

Again this will be easier to assess if the real story ever comes out.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
i'd like to know exactly what happened. Until then, just have to focus on tonight.

We could have easily won game one. Take out a couple of major brainfarts in game 2, and we win that one too.

It's time for people to step up, and it's time to cut the crap. Hoping for the best tonight-- the season is on the line.
100%

Old
05-02-2012, 02:07 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Coyotes fan coming by to say your organization did the right thing. Sucks the fans are the ones that lose out in a situation like this. Good luck tonight and here's to a sobriety filled series going forward. Except for the fans of course.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Nitrous Mafia

did legwand sit for his dui?

Old
05-02-2012, 02:19 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
did legwand sit for his dui?
If I'm not mistaken, the situations were different. Radulov and AK knew there was a curfew, had a game the next night, and chose to break the rules. Then they played like crap the next game to boot (though this doesn't really matter since Trotz has said they wouldn't have played in that game had he known).

Legwand messed up, and bad, but his mistake wasn't a slight to the team like this is.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
He likes to sulk and avoids talking he had to in Montreal he couldn't get away from it there.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Shocking Dryden showed up for this thread...

Old
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Shocking Dryden showed up for this thread...
Look back I have made a couple posts

Old
05-02-2012, 04:00 PM
sirMcDuck

Predators arriving to Phoenix:

Old
05-02-2012, 04:10 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the situations were different. Radulov and AK knew there was a curfew, had a game the next night, and chose to break the rules. Then they played like crap the next game to boot (though this doesn't really matter since Trotz has said they wouldn't have played in that game had he known).

Legwand messed up, and bad, but his mistake wasn't a slight to the team like this is.
Also I think there's only a curfew for away games. Legwand got pulled over on his way back home from a Brad Paisley concert. The Preds hadn't played that night and weren't playing the next day. What he did was stupid, but it didn't directly affect the team.

I can't imagine Leggy taking a field sobriety test though...he looks kinda weird all the time, with his mouth hanging open. I can just picture him sober on the side of the road, still looking like he's drunk...haha.

Old
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
PaulQ

I keep hearing that Rad and Ak's actions speak of their lack of commitment, they don't care, etc... but my question is what is more important, commitment on the ice or outside of the ice?

AK and Rad have been the most productive forwards for the preds in the playoffs, lead the team in goals/points ... Rad was the best forward in the Red wing series while AK had a strong series too... Both were praised after most games by Trotz... Now against Phoenix, AK has been the only productive forward 5 on 5, and thats playing with Spaling, not a very offensive player to say the least... Aside from last game where Radulov played very poorly, if you would judge the commitment of a player, on the ice where it really matters, based on performance during the entire playoffs, they would be in the top 3 or 4 forwards.... Without Rad and AK, I dont think the preds make it to round 2..

On the opposite end of that... we have Nashville's first line who has been ATROCIOUS thus far in the playoffs... getting scored on and not producing anything 5 on 5.... Most disappointing of them as been Fisher in my opinion, a player who had such a great year... now missing in action, does nothing offensively and he's -3 ...

So based on performance ON the ice, which is what matters, shouldnt Erat, Fisher and Sk get the most criticism for their lack of commitment and determination and desire to win and perform ? Of course not, they show so much commitment OFF the ice!

Now dont get me wrong, Rad and Ak deserve criticism... but not that much more than the players who have laid a big ol' egg thus far in the playoffs.

Last edited by PaulQ: 05-02-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
I keep hearing that Rad and Ak's actions speak of their lack of commitment, they don't care, etc... but my question is what is more important, commitment on the ice or outside of the ice?

AK and Rad have been the most productive forwards for the preds in the playoffs, lead the team in goals/points ... Rad was the best forward in the Red wing series while AK had a strong series too... Both were praised after most games by Trotz... Now against Phoenix, AK has been the only productive forward 5 on 5, and thats playing with Spaling, not a very offensive player to say the least... Aside from last game where Radulov played very poorly, if you would judge the commitment of a player, on the ice where it really matters, based on performance during the entire playoffs, they would be in the top 3 or 4 forwards.... Without Rad and AK, I dont think the preds make it to round 2..

On the opposite end of that... we have Nashville's first line who has been ATROCIOUS thus far in the playoffs... getting scored on and not producing anything 5 on 5.... Most disappointing of them as been Fisher in my opinion, a player who had such a great year... now missing in action, does nothing offensively and he's -3 ...

So based on performance ON the ice, which is what matters, shouldnt Erat, Fisher and Sk get the most criticism for their lack of commitment and determination and desire to win and perform ? Of course not, they show so much commitment OFF the ice!

Now dont get me wrong, Rad and Ak deserve criticism... but not that much more than the players who have laid a big ol' egg thus far in the playoffs.

I'll agree with this.

I'm not really interested in "integrity" when it comes to curfew and drinking.

Old
05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:

Are you kidding me? Teams have rules, Rads and AK broke them. All the rest of the guys were following the rules. The inmates do not rule the asylum in Nashville, never have, never will. If they are allowed to get away with this, what's next, getting away with not playing the system on the ice? Sorry, I totally disagree with your viewpoint on this. It's a team game on AND off the ice. It does a disservice to the guys following the rules. If the entire team was out past curfew I'd be fine with all Milwaukee guys coming in and playing. These are professionals that signed contracts with rules and stipulations.

The part that stinks is that these two thought they were above the team rules and put themselves first. Let them sit and wonder what it would be like to play at home in game 3.

The thing is, they already penalized us in game 2 for doing what they did and it showed in their performance and now we lose them for game 3 as well. The fans and the other hard working players are suffering because of their selfishness. Let them deal with that but I am sick and tired of athletes only being in it for themselves. It's a team game and everyone needs to come together to make it work.

Old
05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

Play by the team's rules or don't play in the team's sweater. It's a really simple concept.

Old
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd rather lose with a bunch of good guys doing things the right way, than win with players who don't seem to care and can't follow simple team rules at this point of the season.

Old
05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I'd rather lose with a bunch of good guys doing things the right way, than win with players who don't seem to care and can't follow simple team rules at this point of the season.
As a Blue Jackets fan, I can say that you will eventually get sick of that

Closed Thread