HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov and Kostitisyn scratched for game 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 05:59 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
As a Blue Jackets fan, I can say that you will eventually get sick of that
Is that the problem with Columbus?

Old
05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
thom

Joe Montana admitted doing cocaine numerous times during his nfl career.Baseball Allstar Vida Blue through a no-hitter while being stoned doing cocaine.Yes morally their is something wrong but in real life in the sports world drugs,alchol and sex go hand in hand

Old
05-02-2012, 06:34 PM
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Are you kidding me? Teams have rules, Rads and AK broke them. All the rest of the guys were following the rules. The inmates do not rule the asylum in Nashville, never have, never will. If they are allowed to get away with this, what's next, getting away with not playing the system on the ice? Sorry, I totally disagree with your viewpoint on this. It's a team game on AND off the ice. It does a disservice to the guys following the rules. If the entire team was out past curfew I'd be fine with all Milwaukee guys coming in and playing. These are professionals that signed contracts with rules and stipulations.

The part that stinks is that these two thought they were above the team rules and put themselves first. Let them sit and wonder what it would be like to play at home in game 3.

The thing is, they already penalized us in game 2 for doing what they did and it showed in their performance and now we lose them for game 3 as well. The fans and the other hard working players are suffering because of their selfishness. Let them deal with that but I am sick and tired of athletes only being in it for themselves. It's a team game and everyone needs to come together to make it work.

I've never said that what they did was ok, or that they dont deserve the criticism... Im actually fine with the 1 game suspension... HOWEVER... I keep hearing they dont care, or that they are not showing commitment because of their attitude off the ice despite having been 2 of the top forwards ON the ice and my point is what about players not showing commitment ON the ice, outworking the other team, being first on loose pucks, fore-checking hard, finishing their checks... let alone producing? The first line has laid a big ol' egg on the ice thus far in the playoffs... where's the outrage? Has their play been elevated in those playoffs like it should be? No. But come home 2 hours late and we are talking about a public hanging...

Old
05-02-2012, 07:01 PM
klt2001

I read rumors that Rinne was involved w/ this too from the comment section on the nhl website. Could explain his poor play too if true. Has anybody else heard anything about this? Hope it's not true.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630287

Old
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Glad to see the Preds management stick to their principles, it'll probably pay off further down the track than it might in the near future but it's the right step to take. It was mentioned by someone (I think it was Poile) that the Preds don't have many rules but they stick by the ones they do have. You have to figure that all the recent additions were sat down at some point and the boundaries were marked out for them, even if something like being out late before a game should be obvious and not need pointing out. They should know where those boundaries are and they can have no complaints going forward about any punishment they receive (unless blamed for something they didn't do but it seems Preds management has a firm grasp of at least something they did which they shouldn't have).

Too many variables right now to know if punishment will go beyond game 3 but you'd hope that if given another chance, they'd do everything they could to at least try to make amends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
The inmates do not rule the asylum in Nashville, never have, never will. If they are allowed to get away with this, what's next, getting away with not playing the system on the ice?

The thing is, they already penalized us in game 2 for doing what they did and it showed in their performance and now we lose them for game 3 as well. The fans and the other hard working players are suffering because of their selfishness. Let them deal with that but I am sick and tired of athletes only being in it for themselves. It's a team game and everyone needs to come together to make it work.
I thought in game 2, Rads looked particularly out of sorts but while AK wasn't at his best, I'm not sure he was so bad as to draw attention to his play for it being noticably worse than a number of Preds who weren't involved in this 'incident'. AK wasn't as physical as he could have been and he could have probably had a greater impact on the game. But he didn't quit on backchecks or defensive assignments as far as I saw, he drove to the net hard without the puck and tried to get into positions where he could make something happen as well as scoring a goal at a key stage of the match (again, by driving to the net and beating the Dman there). What was it about his play in particular that stood out to you as bad and was it that much worse than guys who obeyed all the rules and still turned in a half-arsed performance?

AK and Rads lets the Preds down in their own special way in game 2, but there seemed to me to be a lot of guys on the ice who neither worked hard nor intelligently. Many players didn't look committed to being first to loose pucks, winning physical battles or giving the impression they had seen a puck before and had the slightest clue what to do with it or if it might bite. AK and Rads deserve blame for what they did but it seems to me like they are currently acting as a lightning rod for criticism due to their off ice actions while a lot of guys who were on the ice and played as bad or worse are being given more of a free pass because they follow the rules. Credit to those players for following the rules off the ice, temptation must cross all their paths quite a bit and they turn away from it. But on the ice, these 'good guys', the 'honest' players who are 'committed to the team' didn't display near enough of that dedication but people don't seem to be as concerned about them stepping up or their part in letting the team down. I can understand that to a degree, but if the Preds are to move forward in success as a team, then a lot of people have to look at their performance in game 2 and get their heads straight. Highlighting the play of two players who did something very stupid before the game above and beyond the play of the rest of the team seems like it is turning a blind eye to where the team as a unit failed.

On another matter, I'd like to see some links or other evidence from the posters that suggested that this is typical behaviour of AK. As far as I am aware (and I accept I may have missed something), he has never done this before. He got caught doing this at 4am (or whatever time it actually was) in Phoenix and this is the first time I've of him doing such a thing. You'd think, what with all the years he spent in Montreal, where if a 6th round draft pick gets a twitter account it gets reported, that if it was common behaviour for him then it wouldn't be the first time people have heard about it. Just saying.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Glad to see the Preds management stick to their principles, it'll probably pay off further down the track than it might in the near future but it's the right step to take. It was mentioned by someone (I think it was Poile) that the Preds don't have many rules but they stick by the ones they do have. You have to figure that all the recent additions were sat down at some point and the boundaries were marked out for them, even if something like being out late before a game should be obvious and not need pointing out. They should know where those boundaries are and they can have no complaints going forward about any punishment they receive (unless blamed for something they didn't do but it seems Preds management has a firm grasp of at least something they did which they shouldn't have).

Too many variables right now to know if punishment will go beyond game 3 but you'd hope that if given another chance, they'd do everything they could to at least try to make amends.

I thought in game 2, Rads looked particularly out of sorts but while AK wasn't at his best, I'm not sure he was so bad as to draw attention to his play for it being noticably worse than a number of Preds who weren't involved in this 'incident'. AK wasn't as physical as he could have been and he could have probably had a greater impact on the game. But he didn't quit on backchecks or defensive assignments as far as I saw, he drove to the net hard without the puck and tried to get into positions where he could make something happen as well as scoring a goal at a key stage of the match (again, by driving to the net and beating the Dman there). What was it about his play in particular that stood out to you as bad and was it that much worse than guys who obeyed all the rules and still turned in a half-arsed performance?

AK and Rads lets the Preds down in their own special way in game 2, but there seemed to me to be a lot of guys on the ice who neither worked hard nor intelligently. Many players didn't look committed to being first to loose pucks, winning physical battles or giving the impression they had seen a puck before and had the slightest clue what to do with it or if it might bite. AK and Rads deserve blame for what they did but it seems to me like they are currently acting as a lightning rod for criticism due to their off ice actions while a lot of guys who were on the ice and played as bad or worse are being given more of a free pass because they follow the rules. Credit to those players for following the rules off the ice, temptation must cross all their paths quite a bit and they turn away from it. But on the ice, these 'good guys', the 'honest' players who are 'committed to the team' didn't display near enough of that dedication but people don't seem to be as concerned about them stepping up or their part in letting the team down. I can understand that to a degree, but if the Preds are to move forward in success as a team, then a lot of people have to look at their performance in game 2 and get their heads straight. Highlighting the play of two players who did something very stupid before the game above and beyond the play of the rest of the team seems like it is turning a blind eye to where the team as a unit failed.

On another matter, I'd like to see some links or other evidence from the posters that suggested that this is typical behaviour of AK. As far as I am aware (and I accept I may have missed something), he has never done this before. He got caught doing this at 4am (or whatever time it actually was) in Phoenix and this is the first time I've of him doing such a thing. You'd think, what with all the years he spent in Montreal, where if a 6th round draft pick gets a twitter account it gets reported, that if it was common behaviour for him then it wouldn't be the first time people have heard about it. Just saying.
No I agree. Except for a few, the whole team played like crap so while Rads and AK desire their suspension for breaking the rules, I don't blame the outcome of game #2 on them but just on the whole team effort or lack of. Of course Rads' play didn't help any and even made the blopper's reel/commentary. AK though played okay and even scored for us so I can't say he didn't contribute but he still broke the Preds' rules non the less. Can only hope the Preds show up for game #3.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the situations were different. Radulov and AK knew there was a curfew, had a game the next night, and chose to break the rules. Then they played like crap the next game to boot (though this doesn't really matter since Trotz has said they wouldn't have played in that game had he known).

Legwand messed up, and bad, but his mistake wasn't a slight to the team like this is.
It may not have been a slight to the team, but it still puts the team in a bad light. And while the disrespect of AK and Rads is an important issue, Legwand's is worse IMO, if not directly for the team then in general. It's still a matter of disrespect, of choosing to behaving outside of the rules not just of a team but the society he and the team he represents are a part of. The only 'good' things about this DUI are that he was caught and that a serious accident wasn't the end result. A bit over a year ago, I met a guy who had been on the wrong end of someone elses DUI and his life hasn't and probably won't ever be the same again. Which is more than can be said for some friends of the family who a few months later wouldn't ever see their girl/sister/partner again because after 3 warnings, the woman who hit her still hadn't got it into her mind that what she was doing was absolutely wrong. Pro sportsmen not having enough restraint or respect is one thing, they let a lot of people down with their actions, both inside and around their team. But I've lost a lot of respect for Legwand after hearing about this. And if the Preds took no action against Legwand for what he did, then it reflects badly on them as well IMO. If a player has off ice issues then the team should try and help them through it if they can. If a player goes beyond the law off the ice, then I think that if you want to send the right message that respect is the way forward for the Preds then you need to do something, even if only small, to demonstrate that. As you may have gathered, I don't know the full details of the story, but from what I've seen on here, it paints neither Legwand of the Preds in a good light.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
I've never said that what they did was ok, or that they dont deserve the criticism... Im actually fine with the 1 game suspension... HOWEVER... I keep hearing they dont care, or that they are not showing commitment because of their attitude off the ice despite having been 2 of the top forwards ON the ice and my point is what about players not showing commitment ON the ice, outworking the other team, being first on loose pucks, fore-checking hard, finishing their checks... let alone producing? The first line has laid a big ol' egg on the ice thus far in the playoffs... where's the outrage? Has their play been elevated in those playoffs like it should be? No. But come home 2 hours late and we are talking about a public hanging...
Radulov was decent offensively in the Detroit series. He's been non-existent offensively against the Yotes. Defensively, he's sucked the entire playoffs.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:04 PM
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Radulov was decent offensively in the Detroit series. He's been non-existent offensively against the Yotes. Defensively, he's sucked the entire playoffs.

nah... he was +5 before the last game.. best on the team (forwards)... I mean what more do you want? But I do agree he sucked the last game..

As for being non-existent offensively against the Yotes. Well, 5 on 5, AK has 2 goals and Yip got a fluke goal... aside from that, no forwards did anything really... In the first game, he wasnt worst than anyone... I think a player need to be judge on the 7 games played...

Old
05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
nah... he was +5 before the last game.. best on the team (forwards)... I mean what more do you want? But I do agree he sucked the last game..

As for being non-existent offensively against the Yotes. Well, 5 on 5, AK has 2 goals and Yip got a fluke goal... aside from that, no forwards did anything really... In the first game, he wasnt worst than anyone... I think a player need to be judge on the 7 games played...
Also not tasked with shutting down Dats and Zets in the first round. He's done NOTHING worth while against the Yotes. He did nothing defensively against the Wings.

+/- is USELESS as a stand alone stat. Using it, Bouillon is our greaterest playoff player ever.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I read rumors that Rinne was involved w/ this too from the comment section on the nhl website. Could explain his poor play too if true. Has anybody else heard anything about this? Hope it's not true.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630287
Rinne is allowed. You can't sit him... 7M 7years.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:01 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Have you actually watched any of the games or just using +/- stats?

Old
05-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Have you actually watched any of the games or just using +/- stats?
I'm watching it now and I've watched all Nashville games this PO. And saying that AK was ok is kinda rough. I think he has a very good PO performance so far (well not the night-club performance ). TSN but Crowford (he hates his ass) btw thinks the same way.
But it is not important, Nashville are winning w/o them and that's what counts

Last edited by Fuelled by Passion: 05-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old
05-02-2012, 11:02 PM
ninetynine*

Not being committed is staying up until 2 A.M. on your laptop, violating curfew is far worse than not being committed.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
anyone else bothered by Rads interview. Or at least the part of him talking about who brought it up. Said "brought it up, not our team" and then talked about the other side.

Not absolving him of being a dumbass here, but it is kinda fishy
To me that sounded like he was saying "I don't know why someone had to rat me out... it was none of their business." He definitely didn't sound sincerely remorseful, more like he's trying to clean up the mess that someone else made by telling on them.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Where the heck did this rumor that Rinne was involved come from??

Old
05-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

delete

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 05-03-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

They got busted because of the hotel key (per Trotz). Radulov and Kost were probably roomates... Unless they had more info, one of the two might be sticking up for the other.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...211331012.html

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 05-03-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old
05-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
They got busted because of the hotel key (per Trotz). Radulov and Kost were probably roomates... Unless they had more info, one of the two might be sticking up for the other.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...211331012.html
3HL (radio show) played the clip of Trotz on Ottawa radio today. Interesting to hear that's how they found out, especially because not long before that, a caller said that a hotel he used to work at would use that method to keep track of NBA players in that hotel.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:20 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
3HL (radio show) played the clip of Trotz on Ottawa radio today. Interesting to hear that's how they found out, especially because not long before that, a caller said that a hotel he used to work at would use that method to keep track of NBA players in that hotel.
just printed a retraction on puck daddy..... trotz wasn't talking about Rad he was talking about another incident in the past.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...211331012.html

Old
05-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
just printed a retraction on puck daddy..... trotz wasn't talking about Rad he was talking about another incident in the past.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...211331012.html
Oh okay. I was mowing the lawn and listening through headphones haha guess I didn't hear about it as clearly as I thought. Him and York did discuss a situation in the interview when he was a Pred in which Jim McKenzie and Legwand were stealing chairs or something haha. Don't know how a hotel key would've had anything to do with that so I guess I didn't hear that part of it as well as I thought.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:41 PM
JetsAlternate

It seems I was wrong about the result of Radulov being benched. The Predators seemed to play better defense, and Rinne played a better game last night. It would only seem sensible to assume taking out one of the team's best players would impact the team in a negative way, a la taking Daniel Sedin out of the Canucks' roster.

Unfortunately, punishing Radulov could very well have alienated his relationship with the organization. He may agree that he learned his lesson, but if not, I could see him signing with a different club in the off-season. He has control of his situation now, and if he feels this experience was upsetting for him, he may consider other options.

It's up to him now, which is a scary thought for those of you who want him back next year. We'll have to see how loyal he is to this club.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Per CBC's Pierre Lebrun on the radio (he was at today's practice):

During the practice, Jordin Tootoo went up to Radulov and passed comments. It looked like a verbal confrontation. Radulov was visibly upset at the comments... After the incident, Lebrun got a quote from Tootoo who sort of sidestepped the issue.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
It seems I was wrong about the result of Radulov being benched. The Predators seemed to play better defense, and Rinne played a better game last night. It would only seem sensible to assume taking out one of the team's best players would impact the team in a negative way, a la taking Daniel Sedin out of the Canucks' roster.

Unfortunately, punishing Radulov could very well have alienated his relationship with the organization. He may agree that he learned his lesson, but if not, I could see him signing with a different club in the off-season. He has control of his situation now, and if he feels this experience was upsetting for him, he may consider other options.

It's up to him now, which is a scary thought for those of you who want him back next year. We'll have to see how loyal he is to this club.
He's an RFA after this season. Next season, he has two options; The Preds or the KHL.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:21 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
It seems I was wrong about the result of Radulov being benched. The Predators seemed to play better defense, and Rinne played a better game last night. .
I think Rinne playing better has little (nothing) to do with Radulov being in the lineup. Radulov also was not the cause of Legwand/Klein total brainfarts in game 2.

He's being used a scapegoat right now for game 2, when plenty of other players did not play well AT ALL in game 2.

I hope he did something worse than coming back 30 min late for curfew.

Also, in the mean time, we are KILING his trade value. If Radulov intended to stay in NA, he would have had huge trade value and we could've gotten a really good player in return. Every game Trotz benches him, his trade value plummets further.

Last edited by dulzhok: 05-03-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Closed Thread