HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frozen Fury 15 9/29/12

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
  #1
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,797
vCash: 500
Frozen Fury 15 9/29/12

Quote:
LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings will play a special preseason game in Las Vegas against the Colorado Avalanche Frozen Fury 15 Saturday, Sept. 29 to kick-off a new five-year contract between the Kings and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, the Kings announced today.
http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=630439

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
  #2
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,313
vCash: 500
Good signing. I will wait to see how much before I give my full opinion.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:25 PM
  #3
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
its always good to see drunken kings fans wasting away their money on craps tables

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
  #4
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
  #5
took420s
Registered User
 
took420s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Monterey
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 2,200
vCash: 500
mostly lurk here but i have been to 12 of these

missed last year so wife would kill me if i couldn't make it this year.

need to post a vid of the "walk of shame" that avs fans must traverse on their way to the arena...i have one clip with tons of "avs suck" chants...then you see Bailey, then an older guy in wheel chair comes into frame totally unrelated to the game yet Bailey hams it up with him.

always wondered what the random people thought of the spectacle we put on out front for about an hour before the game.

Rouge bar before the game is guranteed jimmy fox sighting. think i have seen fights among fans in the stands every year as well...sanctioned transport of your own alcohol into the arena ftw!

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:23 PM
  #6
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,258
vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s View Post
mostly lurk here but i have been to 12 of these

missed last year so wife would kill me if i couldn't make it this year.

need to post a vid of the "walk of shame" that avs fans must traverse on their way to the arena...i have one clip with tons of "avs suck" chants...then you see Bailey, then an older guy in wheel chair comes into frame totally unrelated to the game yet Bailey hams it up with him.

always wondered what the random people thought of the spectacle we put on out front for about an hour before the game.

Rouge bar before the game is guranteed jimmy fox sighting. think i have seen fights among fans in the stands every year as well...sanctioned transport of your own alcohol into the arena ftw!
I want to know more your username. Is your motto "Yes I cannabis"?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
  #7
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,258
vCash: 413
Also- Buddy, I support you in your war against Roman numerals.
I got your back esse!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
  #8
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,568
vCash: 500
Last year's pre-season game was so damn boring that it made me lose all interest of wasting money on another Frozen Fury game.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
  #9
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,420
vCash: 500
Just curious, how many hfpeople/Kings fans make the trek to LV for this? I have never been to Las Vegas, this would make a GREAT excuse to head down

Also, I thought I remember hearing that you might have a chance to meet some of the Kings during this?

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM
  #10
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Also, I thought I remember hearing that you might have a chance to meet some of the Kings during this?
Im not sure if they still do this but they used to put some of the guys up at the Signature at MGM. I was at the pool area one year(I think it was 2005) and a bunch of the players were hanging out talking to fans.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
  #11
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by little bunny foo foo View Post
also- buddy, i support you in your war against roman numerals.
I got your back esse!
ii + ii = iv

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
  #12
riznat
Registered User
 
riznat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Last year's pre-season game was so damn boring that it made me lose all interest of wasting money on another Frozen Fury game.
The trip is always fun but yah, last years game was really bad.

I'm looking into hotel prices now, hoping to find a good deal before the game is officially scheduled. If anyone has any coupon codes or know of any specials please post them here. I just sent off a bunch of emails to different rooms at the signature but I don't think i want to send 150+ or whatever it is this year (is well worth it if you want a nice room though).

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:45 PM
  #13
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
The trip is always fun but yah, last years game was really bad.

I'm looking into hotel prices now, hoping to find a good deal before the game is officially scheduled. If anyone has any coupon codes or know of any specials please post them here. I just sent off a bunch of emails to different rooms at the signature but I don't think i want to send 150+ or whatever it is this year (is well worth it if you want a nice room though).
You could always stay at Hooters across the street. Travelocity has rooms for 80 a night. That place does suck though.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
  #14
TwzKing
Registered User
 
TwzKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
my one sighting of richards and williams was maybe 5 hours before the game..... they started to play roulette at the table next to me (pai gow) so i get up see the min is 50 dollars ... i throw down 50 on black .... say hey to the guys .... lose my money walk away

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
  #15
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,258
vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
my one sighting of richards and williams was maybe 5 hours before the game..... they started to play roulette at the table next to me (pai gow) so i get up see the min is 50 dollars ... i throw down 50 on black
Once you go black, you never go back.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
  #16
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Just curious, how many hfpeople/Kings fans make the trek to LV for this? I have never been to Las Vegas, this would make a GREAT excuse to head down

Also, I thought I remember hearing that you might have a chance to meet some of the Kings during this?
Made the trek trek once three years ago. My new gf has never been to Vegas and has never been to a pro hockey game so we already talked about making the trip this year to cross both of those off her list. Plus it's much cheaper and for me to fly to Vegas from MN than fly to LA to see a game or two.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:35 AM
  #17
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Made the trek trek once three years ago. My new gf has never been to Vegas and has never been to a pro hockey game so we already talked about making the trip this year to cross both of those off her list. Plus it's much cheaper and for me to fly to Vegas from MN than fly to LA to see a game or two.
How about the mile high club?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
  #18
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How about the mile high club?
Hehe. It would be our first flight together as well... Didn't think of that.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:16 AM
  #19
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,258
vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Hehe. It would be our first flight together as well... Didn't think of that.
Do it!!!!!!!!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
  #20
Sybil227
Registered User
 
Sybil227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Santa Clarita
Country: United States
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Hehe. It would be our first flight together as well... Didn't think of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Do it!!!!!!!!
That's what the Cockpit is for.
Hehehe. I said....pit.

On a more adult note, I'm glad for the 5 year deal - except for the Avs part. I'd like to see some other teams occasionally, and I bet other teams' fans would love a LV pre-season trip.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
  #21
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
That's what the Cockpit is for.
Hehehe. I said....pit.

On a more adult note, I'm glad for the 5 year deal - except for the Avs part. I'd like to see some other teams occasionally, and I bet other teams' fans would love a LV pre-season trip.
I like having the same team each season, it builds a "rivalry" with the other fan base. I think Colorado could be a top team soon and the teams could meet in the playoffs soon. Imagine the game after a hard fought playoff series the year before.

I'm just sad that I won't be going again this year because I'm heading to Chicago the following weekend.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:31 PM
  #22
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I like having the same team each season, it builds a "rivalry" with the other fan base. I think Colorado could be a top team soon and the teams could meet in the playoffs soon. Imagine the game after a hard fought playoff series the year before.

I'm just sad that I won't be going again this year because I'm heading to Chicago the following weekend.
In the early 2000's when the Kings played the Avs in the playoffs, the games didn't even sell out from what I remember. I remember going in 2002 and there were a lot of empty seats. It is in the past 10 years that the game has taken on a life of its own.

I went in 2003 with 3 friends. It grew exponentially every year after. Last year, the group had grown to 85 people. It is to the point that I don't even know everyone that goes with our group. There are friends of friends of friends. People go once and they never want to miss it. I'll be bringing 3 people that have never gone before this year. It is a co-worker who went to his first Kings game a few months ago. He has been riding the bandwagon since then.

Speaking of Chicago, I went to Chicago straight from Vegas last year. I honestly thought I was going to die on my way home from that trip. Chicago is a dangerous city. Fun, but dangerous.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
  #23
Wooty
Registered User
 
Wooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Harbor City, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Hehe. It would be our first flight together as well... Didn't think of that.
Youtube or it won't have happened

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
  #24
br3ds0x
Registered User
 
br3ds0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Frozen Fury XV

Decided to check to see when tickets went on sale, and didn't realize the presale started a couple weeks ago. I went for the first time 2 years ago and now will never miss a year, so much fun. My group has gotten slightly larger each year, and am going with 10 people this year. Does anyone happen to have any of the presale passwords they wouldn't mind PMing me?

br3ds0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
  #25
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3ds0x View Post
Decided to check to see when tickets went on sale, and didn't realize the presale started a couple weeks ago. I went for the first time 2 years ago and now will never miss a year, so much fun. My group has gotten slightly larger each year, and am going with 10 people this year. Does anyone happen to have any of the presale passwords they wouldn't mind PMing me?
You might be able to get group tickets with 10 people. That is how we usually get our tickets. This year we bought 120.. woooooot!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.