HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ESPN not showing the Heritage Classic Live!!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2003, 06:57 PM
devilsfan26

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to devilsfan26
They had to show college football, but why the heck was there POKER on??? Who watches that crap, anyway?! Know what was on espn2 a few weeks ago on a Saturday night? SCHOOL BUS RACING!!!!! Had to be the the biggest disgrace I've ever heard of. Instead of showing one of the twelve hockey games that night, they showed a bunch of big, stupid, and slow buses going around in circles.

Old
11-23-2003, 06:10 AM
Donnie D

vCash: 500
It never ceases to amaze me that folks think that it should be ESPN's responsibility to show hockey games so that the 150 or so rabid hockey fans in the states that aren't already subscribing to Center Ice can watch. My God, this was a game between 2 teams from Canada - meaning no local fan base, up against College Football. Oh yeah, that's going to get ESPN a big audience share.

Oh, and I love the "it's Bettman's fault" comments. I guess the commish is supposed to somehow have so much pull that ESPN will decide to take on a financial loser like this.

For the last time, (ok the last time this thread), ESPN is in business to make money. If they thought people were clamoring to watch an outdoor game between 2 teams outside the US, guess what? They would have showed it because they would have made money. If you want to know what most Americans think of hockey, understand that a rerun of a poker tournament that took place last spring, when you factor in production costs, was deemed to be more profitable than showing an outdoor hockey game featuring two teams from Canada.

Closed Thread