HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stu Bickel

Old
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
bouds

vCash: 500
The problem now is, and Torts is well aware, that Bickel has next to no confidence after being benched two games in a row. Have to ease him back in somehow.

bouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
stop feeling sad for him...He probably is celebrating with the rest of them right now. He probably is just happy to be there. We need Eminger fast for this series.
Seriously.
Bickel isn't 12 years old and he very well knows his place on this team.
If anything he's incredibly thankful to be a part of the roster as he is which is something he probably didn't even consider to be a possibility prior to the season starting.

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
God that is depressing.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Could've definitely taken some shifts throughout all 3 OT's. Even at forward. Feel bad for him, can't question Torts though. Got the W.

I think that Eminger needs to take Bickel's place if Tortorella's only going to place Bickel 3 or 4 minutes per game. Having a 'dead-weight' #6 puts too much stress on the other d-men.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

This picture is incredibly sad.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM
district9

there's no way torts could have thrown bickel out there after the 1st OT though, even though he was much fresher than the other guys. when you have a guy just sitting there for 2 full periods there's no way you can throw him out there.

i thought he looked fine today, and even the "bonehead play" he made in game 2 i think was just as much del zotto's fault as bickel's. bickel is obviously the worst defenseman on the team, but i think he should be out there playing more than 4-5 minutes a game at this point.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Zzzherdev

That is so depressing

Zzzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I don't understand why Torts felt the kid was not good enough to take a single shift in the 3rd, 1OT, 2OT, 3OT, especially when he had guys going over 45 minutes while the Caps players were all under 40.

But I have a feeling we see Eminger next game.
ya think... lol

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
there's no way torts could have thrown bickel out there after the 1st OT though, even though he was much fresher than the other guys. when you have a guy just sitting there for 2 full periods there's no way you can throw him out there.

That's true. By the end of the 1st OT, things were set as far as what the defensive rotation looked like. I think that #6 guy, whether it's Bickel or Eminger, has to get more minutes along the way so that the team doesn't get locked into playing 5 (and sometimes 4) defensemen.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:48 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
what i don't get is why Torts keeps dressing Bickel? Emminger and even Woywitka can be trusted with more minutes than Stu. Am i missing something?

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Zzzherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilllempire View Post
what i don't get is why Torts keeps dressing Bickel? Emminger and even Woywitka can be trusted with more minutes than Stu. Am i missing something?
Maybe he wanted to give Bickel another chance but he screwed up too bad

Zzzherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
I feel bad for this kid, just sitting on the bench since after the 2nd period? Why is he even playing if Torts aint playing him...?
Look at it this way. He started in the A this year. He is making PRO money, getting to EXPERIENCE (as little as it may be at times) the stanley cup playoffs.

Im sure Stu is happy just being paid the 600k (or whatever it is) vs the 60k in the Ahl.

To get to play on the #1 team in the east, play in the winter classic this year and now be apart of this run? I guarantee you he is happy as **** because as a team player he knows what his place is and is happy to just have the opportunity.

05-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouds View Post
The problem now is, and Torts is well aware, that Bickel has next to no confidence after being benched two games in a row. Have to ease him back in somehow.
This isn't something new. It happened late in the season and in the entire first round. He maybe played 10 3rd period shifts in the 3rd round.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Thanks for ruining my ****ing night after that exhilarating win... God that is a sad ****ing picture. I'm legit almost crying for the guy.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Yea, I mean at the end of the day I do feel bad for him.

05-02-2012, 11:56 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

He's a professional athlete that made $600,000 this season.

I think he'll be ok.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:56 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzherdev View Post
Maybe he wanted to give Bickel another chance but he screwed up too bad
i understand wanting to give the kid another shot......but this is Rd 2 of the Playoffs. His huge Gaffe cost us a goal last game. If you cannot trust him like Torts seems like he doesn't, then why gamble now? Emmi or Woy can be trusted many times right now over Bickel. They can spell a few precious minutes of shifts so a guy like Mack Truck isn't playing 50 Minutes a game. Our D's played a ton of minutes all year long....but it's not like anyone is a Leetch, capable of 32+ minutes in a regulation game. Shrug.......

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:58 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
He's a professional athlete that made $600,000 this season.

I think he'll be ok.
was thinking the same thing

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Zuuuuc

That is one of the saddest faces I've seen in a while. I'm sure he's partying it up after the victory, but I can only imagine how helpless it feels not getting any PT..actually I don't have to imagine, I've played on teams where I've been benched..not a fun feeling

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Thanks for ruining my ****ing night after that exhilarating win... God that is a sad ****ing picture. I'm legit almost crying for the guy.
LOL. Same. What a depressing photo.

#freebickel

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

torts/sullivan is so dumb for not rotating six guys in a 1-1 game. even 30 second shifts. bickel is not the only person who makes mistakes on this team--- in fact he probably has less giveaways per time on ice than mdz, girardi, or stralman. i agree... the guy is a scapegoat. he went what 5 months without letting in a goal in the regular season? i understand not playing him 53 minutes, but 3 minutes out of 114 is a joke. torts/sullivan is an absolute dope.

if it's for the goal the other day i can't imagine why del zotto played any minutes today. mdz failed to cover his guy. bickel came back and defended two guys on the 2 on 3, mdz had one pass to block and completely missed.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:20 AM
theJUMPER

I like Stu more than Eminger and Woyitka.

He made that one bad pass. He is usually a straight-forward, round it around the boards or play towards the net under pressure in the O-zone.

I'm more than satasified with what he provides as a 6th Dman in the Dzone. I'd like for him to get more ice time. Hopefully winning a game early, by like 3 or 4 goal lead will allow him to get bigger minutes and rest our core 4.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:20 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
torts/sullivan is so dumb for not rotating six guys in a 1-1 game. even 30 second shifts. bickel is not the only person who makes mistakes on this team--- in fact he probably has less giveaways per time on ice than mdz, girardi, or stralman. i agree... the guy is a scapegoat. he went what 5 months without letting in a goal in the regular season? i understand not playing him 53 minutes, but 3 minutes out of 114 is a joke. torts/sullivan is an absolute dope.

if it's for the goal the other day i can't imagine why del zotto played any minutes today. mdz failed to cover his guy. bickel came back and defended two guys on the 2 on 3, mdz had one pass to block and completely missed.
Yeah, our Stanley Cup winning coach is an idiot. Our other 5 defensemen were clearly awful tonight. Are you available to take over behind the bench for Game 4?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:21 AM
lbrowne

You know what guys, enough about the money. At the end of the day, you want to play. Sitting on the bench regardless of your pay cheque, sucks. No two ways about it.

He wants to make his contribution, he wants to earn it. Some bonehead plays? Sure, so do alot of our players. But he's also made a couple good ones too.

I would like to see his minutes increased, I like what he brings to the team. But right now he's skating around as if there's eggs laid out for him to crack and then has to sit forever again.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:37 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
You know what guys, enough about the money. At the end of the day, you want to play. Sitting on the bench regardless of your pay cheque, sucks. No two ways about it.

He wants to make his contribution, he wants to earn it. Some bonehead plays? Sure, so do alot of our players. But he's also made a couple good ones too.

I would like to see his minutes increased, I like what he brings to the team. But right now he's skating around as if there's eggs laid out for him to crack and then has to sit forever again.
I agree. I highly doubt Bickel was even thinking about the money tonight. As a professional athlete you just want to help your team win. Barely touching the ice in a playoff game that doubled in regulation time had to be just so devastating to him. Happiness to a true athlete is helping your team win.

There are some things money just can't buy.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote