HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Here Comes The Sun" - Coyotes @ Predators 5/2: 8:00pm Central Time

Old
05-02-2012, 11:42 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Talk to me. What's up now???
Rinne shuts out the Yotes, we win 2-0!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
INDhockeyfan

Preds win. Screw Rads and AK. Against a team like Phoenix we need the team that was on the ice tonight. Great effort by everybody especially Rinne.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Trotz already said they won't play if the team wins tonight. Screw up ... sit.
hell yeah! thats how it should be.. me personally dont want to see them again in a preds jersey

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Preds win. Screw Rads and AK. Against a team like Phoenix we need the team that was on the ice tonight. Great effort by everybody especially Rinne.
The Preds did play better without those two.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM
maplepred

Who needs those Russians when you have the Finnish goalie!!!

So glad peks turned things around this series!!

Great team game boys!!

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Hali came back right? NHL network just said he didn't but I thought I saw him..

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
NorthAlPredfan

Man, what a game! Peks number one star hands down. That is the Preds hockey we know and love. Forget the late season add-ons and keep the team that got us here. I hope they keep Rads and AK on the bench for the rest of the series.

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Hali came back right?
Yessir!

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:48 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Hali came back right? NHL network just said he didn't but I thought I saw him..
He was gone for a few minutes, but I saw him out there.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Loved what I saw tonight. Where was that these past two games? I mean really completely different team out here.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:49 PM
braindead

Wooooot!!!!!! Thanks for the updates! Awesome to get the win. Couldn't be prouder of the pred's way.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Halischuk played a few shifts in the third. The penalties each way cut into his time ... but he came back.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
adsfan

I am switiching to the NYR-Wash game. They are in 3OT!

Old
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Much better shift by Wilson. He goes whole periods being invisible, then has a shift like that. Bizarre.
He played under 3 minutes in the first....wonder why he is invisible?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:12 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Disappointed by this game. No empty netter for Legwand.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:20 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Rinne is awesome. Our defense made him look even better by clearing out rebounds and preventing a lot of second and third chances like we had (and like Philadelphia gave New Jersey last night). Our forecheck was effective and created everything we needed to disrupt their buildup. The team as a whole deserves credit for responding to the way they played in Game 2 with a very strong performance on home ice.

I really want to single out Tootoo. He just energizes the entire team with his physical play. We need that to beat Phoenix. He should definitely play in Games 4 and 6 when we can control the match-ups, and I'd put him in the lineup for Game 5, as well.

We're back in it, and we got back in it in style. Now win Game 4 and make this a best-of-three.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:21 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan View Post
Man, what a game! Peks number one star hands down. That is the Preds hockey we know and love. Forget the late season add-ons and keep the team that got us here. I hope they keep Rads and AK on the bench for the rest of the series.
"The Predator Way" also usually means getting knocked out the 1st rd.

I liked how some players stepped up tonight, but we played no better than we did in game one (worse actually). Rinne played better. We got the bounces and they didn't. We didn't have major brain farts like in game 2. Our defensemen were better than game 2.

Unless Radulov did something really bad, he should be back in game 2, IMO. Don't care as much about AK.

Tootoo played well and he should stay, as should Hali and Wilson. Sit Yip and/or SK.

Martin Erat deserves better linemates than SK and Fisher. I realize Fisher got that goal, but he also got a huge bounce. I like his effort, but he's lost all offensive confidence.

Glad to get the W but don't think we'll win the series playing like we did tonight-- not that bad, just not that good. Rinne won't be able to pitch shutouts the rest of the way either.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:33 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
"The Predator Way" also usually means getting knocked out the 1st rd.

I liked how some players stepped up tonight, but we played no better than we did in game one (worse actually). Rinne played better. We got the bounces and they didn't. We didn't have major brain farts like in game 2. Our defensemen were better than game 2.

Unless Radulov did something really bad, he should be back in game 2, IMO. Don't care as much about AK.

Tootoo played well and he should stay, as should Hali and Wilson. Sit Yip and/or SK.

Martin Erat deserves better linemates than SK and Fisher. I realize Fisher got that goal, but he also got a huge bounce. I like his effort, but he's lost all offensive confidence.

Glad to get the W but don't think we'll win the series playing like we did tonight-- not that bad, just not that good. Rinne won't be able to pitch shutouts the rest of the way either.
Are you guys more focused on individual play/scoring or team play? Bottom line is the players tonight got the job done and won the game. They had their working boots on and played a team effort even the ones that looked clumsy out there. Not saying there aren't things they can't work on individually to be better/look better and be sharper on but you can't say they weren't working hard and focused to get a win. Team effort from everybody is what won this game and playing great defense/PK and goaltending and scoring timely goals or even ones w/ lucky bounces or on mistakes. Also these defensive minded type of games may not be the most exciting to watch but it got the job done today and that's what matters. I would take this type of game over the last two we had where we just looked out of sorts/awful/sloppy even w/ the high score.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-03-2012 at 05:40 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:57 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
Are you guys more focused on individual play/scoring or team play? Bottom line is the players tonight got the job done and won the game. They had their working boots on and played a team effort even the ones that looked clumsy out there. Not saying there aren't things they can't work on individually to be better/look better and be sharper on but you can't say they weren't working hard and focused to get a win. Team effort from everybody is what won this game and playing great defense and goaltending and scoring timely goals or even ones w/ lucky bounces. Also these defensive minded type of games may not be the most exciting to watch but it got the job done today and that's what matters.
No I'm focused on what will win the series. We will win some games playing like we did tonight, but totally relying on Rinne and a couple lucky bounces offensively likely won't win us the series.

Just like after Game One I was quick to praise the team despite the L, we need to keep tonight's overall performance in perspective. Feel free to re-read my post.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:57 AM
predfan24

Now that was Predator hockey! Great forecheck, Great effort everywhere on the ice. The battle factor was improved 100 percent from game 2. Puck support was great and players were blocking shots. Pekka came up huge when he had too. Honestly I can't think of one negative thing. Oh wait PP2 with Yip,SK and them was awful. Erat,Gill,Gaustad,Willy were monsters.

This was just a stepping stone game. Game 4 has always been the big game. Win that game and it's a brand new series where the Preds have all the momentum. Lose and their done. Keep AK and Rads out. These guys have earned their playing time.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:01 AM
tserberis*

I think Hali is out next game. Who is in?
Smith
AK
Rads
Other

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Jarnberg

Yeah we got the win but I think we made fewer mistakes in tonight's game. Preds still need to play better in order to win this series. We got lucky on both goals and needed to generate more offense. Phoenix will sit back next game if we play the same people. Radulov needs to be back in

Also Yip on the PP makes me want to punch kittens

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:03 AM
AEM6729

Marty Erat = total beast mode tonight. He was on another level.

Also love his post-game quote, per Jim Diamond:

Quote:
We played hard for 60 minutes and finally showed some balls.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
predfan24

Quote:
No I'm focused on what will win the series. We will win some games playing like we did tonight, but totally relying on Rinne and a couple lucky bounces offensively likely won't win us the series.

Just like after Game One I was quick to praise the team despite the L, we need to keep tonight's overall game in perspective.
Preds did not rely on Rinne tonight. The only time he had to come up big was the 5 on 3 sequence. Other than that he just had to make saves you would expect of any goalie. The way the Preds played tonight is exactly the way they need to play. If they keep the hard forechecking the goals will come I'm not worried about that. How we played tonight is how you win in the playoffs. Look at the teams left, the only two teams left that don't play tight checking hard hockey are Philly and NJ. All 4 teams in the West got here by playing that exact style. Preds tried to get away from it and subsequently lost two games.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
klt2001

Quote:

Just like after Game One I was quick to praise the team despite the L, we need to keep tonight's overall performance in perspective. Feel free to re-read my post.
How do you know? It's helped us win alot of games in the regular season and get us to the playoffs that way in the first place when we didn't have so called top scorers but played great team play w/ Rinne standing on his head for alot of those games. I'm not saying we don't need top scorers or our forwards to be better but just that we need great team play/work/effort and great defense/forecheck/goaltending first and foremost.

Last edited by klt2001: 05-03-2012 at 03:04 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote