HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kindl to not play in Worlds

Old
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
KingzOverAcez

vCash: 500
Kindl to not play in Worlds

I'm getting a few different viewpoints in the Media regarding Kindl and the Worlds. Can anyone else verify that he chose to decline playing in the Worlds?

If so makes me believe that he is taking the benchings by Babcock very seriously and is going to work on his game this offeason to be a part of DET's blue line on a more permanent basis.

KingzOverAcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:39 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

I thought he was getting cut a.k.a not good enough

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
KingzOverAcez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I thought he was getting cut a.k.a not good enough
That was the original report that I read but have found news indicating he chose to decline the invitation.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
smitty10

The Czech coach is pretty bad and decided he wanted Kindl to be the 7th defenseman. He's likely a top 3 defender on that team, however the coach didn't think so and Kindl decided he'd rather not play. From what I've heard he played well in the pre-tournament games, it's just a stupid coach more than anything.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
ashenhigh

I think its a sign he has no place on the Wings....

ashenhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 04:43 PM
KingzOverAcez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenhigh View Post
I think its a sign he has no place on the Wings....
Completely disagree. Once he learns how to be more phyiscal he will eventually see a spot in DET's Top 4.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

If he was cut and the coach evaluated skillfully then I may be concerned but maybe they are just going with a more veteran option. I think that Kindl will be a fine 6 or 7 defensemen moving forward.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
I think it's politics too. I'm not a huge Kindl fan (I think he has a decent future, don't get me wrong) but I know he could be a top 4 defensman for the Czechs. I probably wouldn't accept a role as a 7th d-man either, if I were him (if that story is true).
Yeah. From what I heard the coach told him he'd be the 7th/8th defenseman and he respectfully declined. He's easily a top 4 defenseman on that Czech team, but the coach chose to take some guys who played in the European leagues over him. I don't understand his logic, but it was a pretty bad decision in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannzee View Post
If he was cut and the coach evaluated skillfully then I may be concerned but maybe they are just going with a more veteran option. I think that Kindl will be a fine 6 or 7 defensemen moving forward.
I think the decision was similar to the one with Greiss not being picked as a German goalie. The coach wanted to take guys who have played on the big ice all year and decided that the more talented NA based players aren't needed as much. Stupid choice that may come back to haunt them and likely a frustrating one for Kindl, but he likely also knows it was the wrong move.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:48 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
The Czech coach is pretty bad and decided he wanted Kindl to be the 7th defenseman. He's likely a top 3 defender on that team, however the coach didn't think so and Kindl decided he'd rather not play. From what I've heard he played well in the pre-tournament games, it's just a stupid coach more than anything.
I've seen all 3 games he played with the team he wouldn't be top 3 guy IMO, more like 5th-6th guy on D, didn't really stand out. The coach thought otherwise and told him he would be added on the roster during the tournament as 7th D and could play later. That's because they want to keep free spots for guys like Zidlicky or Polak if they were knocked out of the playoffs and were interested to play the QF. Personally I think he should've been on bottom pairing from the beginning, but this is how it is. He didn't like to not play right from the beginning, so they let him leave. Maybe next time.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
This is the same federation that didn't allow Mrzak to play in the WJHC for a year and didn't let Nedomlel play this year. This doesn't surprise.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Rexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
This is the same federation that didn't allow Mrzak to play in the WJHC for a year and didn't let Nedomlel play this year. This doesn't surprise.
This is the same federation that called up Mrázek as their #3 goalie at this year's WCH, despite him not playing a single professional game so far. This has nothing to do with politics. Junior hockey is a completely different issue.

As zorz points out, Kindl was nothing speacial at the Czech Hockey Games. Certainly didn't look like a Top 4 defenseman. Hockey on the NHL ice and hockey on the big ice are two different games.

P.S. Sorry to nitpick but the correct form is Mrázek. "Mrzák" means "a cripple" in Czech.

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:50 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I've seen all 3 games he played with the team he wouldn't be top 3 guy IMO, more like 5th-6th guy on D, didn't really stand out. The coach thought otherwise and told him he would be added on the roster during the tournament as 7th D and could play later. That's because they want to keep free spots for guys like Zidlicky or Polak if they were knocked out of the playoffs and were interested to play the QF. Personally I think he should've been on bottom pairing from the beginning, but this is how it is. He didn't like to not play right from the beginning, so they let him leave. Maybe next time.
Personally I think that's a little bush to call in an NHL player and then have him sit out in hope for better players. If they weren't sure that he was good enough to make the team to start the tournament, they should have given him a try-out like the Swedes did with Omark.

Also, he landed on Tuesday and probably had one, maybe two, practices before the tournament started on Thursday. Hedman was also bad at first, you can't expect players accustomed to the small ice to look good right away. Just seems like a hasty decision to call him in, throw him into three games, and then decide that he's not good enough for the lineup.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

If most of the reports are true I understand Kindl asking for his release. He should be playing on that roster, but even if you don't believe that sitting for games is probably not better than just getting into his off-season routine and using this as another thing to add fuel to drive him to being a better player. You could tell he really put in a lot of work last off-season during the start of this year, I hope he does that again, adding more weight and gets a rougher disposition when he takes the ice.

The Czech's coach's extension probably doesn't make Kindl feel too good though.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/hockey/s...xtension-coach

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 05-02-2012 at 02:29 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Kindl is better off just working on his game this summer rather than playing the WC as the 7th defenseman and not seeing regular time.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Reds4Life

Kindl is not better than 7th best dman on that team. The fact that he refused to fight for the spot is telling. The guy is overrated.

Reds4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:31 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Personally I think that's a little bush to call in an NHL player and then have him sit out in hope for better players. If they weren't sure that he was good enough to make the team to start the tournament, they should have given him a try-out like the Swedes did with Omark.

Also, he landed on Tuesday and probably had one, maybe two, practices before the tournament started on Thursday. Hedman was also bad at first, you can't expect players accustomed to the small ice to look good right away. Just seems like a hasty decision to call him in, throw him into three games, and then decide that he's not good enough for the lineup.
what do you mean by try-out? it was never like somebody told him he has guaranteed spot. he agreed to come and to play himself into the lineup which happened/didn't happen, depends really just on personal opinion. btw it's a bit bush too to know you'll probably end the camp somewhere in the rank 5-7, watch the coaches cutting another guys and not let them know you're not interested in the 7th spot. To sum it up - I think he should've been on bottom pairing from the beginning and possibly earn some bigger role during the tournament. And I think both sides, the coach and Kindl were pretty awkward in handling this situation beetween them.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote