Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames sign Roman Cervenka

Old
05-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
I think Stajan is tradeable. I think what he showed last season is that in a 2nd line role he is capable of putting up around 40ish points and most importantly he showed that he is still a capable NHL'er. If he gets moved I'm calling it that he ends up in Dallas.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:20 AM
nogger
Crosby's fillings

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Cervanka 26 year old 5'11" 200lb 3.775M
26 yr season KHL 54GM 23G 16A 39 P

Linus Omark 24 yr old 5'10" 180 lb 0.875M
22 yr season KHL 56GM 20G 16A 36P

Omark has had .75PPG production when given 2nd line 2nd PP unit play in the NHL.
Plus you likely could have him for a 3rd round offer sheet.

the answer is 2.5M.
But like I said, since you missed the point completely (why bring up Omark?)

We have nothing to lose, we will have a ton of cap space, it's for 1 year.. if he busts, so be it. Low risk high reward.

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:09 AM
zorz

vCash: 500
hey guys, for those who never saw Cervenka play, at least you can check some goals he scored last may at WHC, that's all I got. Good luck to Roman and to you as well

time 7:55

time 0:00, time 6:55, time 7:50

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:44 AM
mchose

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
That's not the only thing that went up a notch......
lol, you horndog

Anyways hope this is good for Cowtown gotta rebuild that rivalry that has taken a slide the last couple years.

mchose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Thumper17

I think something else interesting that this brings us is that Jagr said he wantsto play with Cervenka. Yes, that Jagr.

Would there be ny interest if Jagr contacts the flames?

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:23 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 410
So? Jagr's old. What can he possibly bring to the Flames other than his name? Maybe if Jagr was 10 years younger.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:05 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
So? Jagr's old. What can he possibly bring to the Flames other than his name? Maybe if Jagr was 10 years younger.
how can anyone acctually think like this? are people really so brain washed by the idiocy of HF that they aren't able to that some players still bring alot to the table despite being a bit older?

Because really what good is a 19 goal and 54 point forward, right?

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Thumper17

Quote:
I never said I wanted him. If he was willing to sign for cheap and for 1 year it'd be pretty hard to say no though.

I'm not sure the Flames would sign him.

Thumper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:23 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
how can anyone acctually think like this? are people really so brain washed by the idiocy of HF that they aren't able to that some players still bring alot to the table despite being a bit older?

Because really what good is a 19 goal and 54 point forward, right?

So what if he had 54 points? Jagr isn't going to be playing with Scott Hartnell and Claude Giroux in Calgary. Maybe Jagr's 19 goals get the Flames an extra win or two in the season. Is it worth it? Hell no, not to me. He'd just be another old, body, passed his prime, taking up a roster spot which could go to someone younger, cheaper, and without all the baggage.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:37 AM
RebelMe
The Last Unconcussed

Send a message via ICQ to RebelMe
Czech NHL fan here, I think you guys are getting a solid player and a good guy for the locker room...the switch to NHL rink will be difficult for him, but I can see him contributing with 50-60 points. There is a lot of irrational hate towards Cervenka in Czech Republic due to his "poor" play for the national team ever since Vancouver Olympics, but mostly I believe it comes mostly from the casual fans, because they believed that if he's tearing up the Extraliga with point records, he could do the same against the best players in the world and when he didn't, they never forgave him. So if you encounter some of these opinions here on HF (I've seen one already), take it with a grain of salt.

Btw, my favourite Cervenka video is this, live on national TV during celebrations after winning the 2010 World Championship

Last edited by RebelMe: 05-03-2012 at 05:45 AM.
RebelMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:46 AM
crabcz

Quote:
So what if he had 54 points? Jagr isn't going to be playing with Scott Hartnell and Claude Giroux in Calgary. Maybe Jagr's 19 goals get the Flames an extra win or two in the season. Is it worth it? Hell no, not to me. He'd just be another old, body, passed his prime, taking up a roster spot which could go to someone younger, cheaper, and without all the baggage.
Giroux and other players emulate Jagr's regimen - his midnight workout sessions or bike spurts right after a game (to simulate shifts). His leadership is more important than his production.

Also Hartnell's production was terrible before he started playing with Giroux and Jagr.

Last edited by crabcz: 05-03-2012 at 05:52 AM.
crabcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:35 AM
zorz

Cervenka confirmed in the interview for Czech media that he was told they are most likely replace Olli Jokinen with him + he will probably start the season on the top line, at least that was what the Flames told him.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Mirinho

and Cervenka confirmed contract negotiations were more between managers, because he didn't care about money too much ... he confirmed his basic salary will be 850.000$ the rest are bonuses (some of them are extremly hard to reach)

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelMe View Post
Czech NHL fan here, I think you guys are getting a solid player and a good guy for the locker room...the switch to NHL rink will be difficult for him, but I can see him contributing with 50-60 points. There is a lot of irrational hate towards Cervenka in Czech Republic due to his "poor" play for the national team ever since Vancouver Olympics, but mostly I believe it comes mostly from the casual fans, because they believed that if he's tearing up the Extraliga with point records, he could do the same against the best players in the world and when he didn't, they never forgave him. So if you encounter some of these opinions here on HF (I've seen one already), take it with a grain of salt.

Btw, my favourite Cervenka video is this, live on national TV during celebrations after winning the 2010 World Championship

get some facts, Cervenka is (was ?) hated because he burned truckload of goal scoring chances, most of them served by Jagr.
Coach even sit him for a game.

But i think the hate is gone, becuase most ppl thought he was product of Jagr, but Cervenka dominated KHL stats after Jagr left too.

Im not sure if he is going to rock in NHL, most likely not that much, but i wish you guys and to him GL

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
SvenBartschi27

Hopefully we can bring in Jagr after his contract expires

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
It's hilarious that you attribute Jagr's success to him linemates when both shattered career highs their 1st season with Jagr.

But I forgot you are one of the "fans" that is okay with the team losing

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Flamesfan13

I dont like the money that were given this guy. Hasn't played a second in the nhl and we're giving him 3.75? I think this guys gonna be a bust...

Flamesfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
It's hilarious that you attribute Jagr's success to him linemates when both shattered career highs their 1st season with Jagr.

But I forgot you are one of the "fans" that is okay with the team losing
+1 for this post.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 View Post
I dont like the money that were given this guy. Hasn't played a second in the nhl and we're giving him 3.75? I think this guys gonna be a bust...
Except we're not paying him 3.75, he's getting 925,000 or around there and everything else is in performance bonuses. If he's triggering those bonuses then chances are we'll be pretty damn happy with the signing as he's producing.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:04 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 View Post
Do people not know how to read? Its an ELC, with Max bonuses. Not an issue whatsoever. Even if he flops, who cares? He goes home. No risk whatsoever..

And im sorry, enough with the Jagr talk, I think there is a 0.00000001% chance Jagr signs with us and thats being optimistic.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:57 AM
The Gnome

I have this funny feeling that Ramo is coming over and Kipper is going to be traded.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Jagr won't sign here. As much as I'm sure he likes Cervenka, I think he likes Giroux just a tad more.

If by chance he would, I take Jagr in a heartbeat. I would say he is still top 5 in the league at controlling the puck in the offensive zone, he is just so dam strong on the puck. Even if he is not getting assists, his presence alone is just so valuable with how he draws defenders in. Plus as MR mentioned, his leadership and example in the locker room have an enormous effect on a team. Like I said, I would take him, but I think in what will most likely be his last season that he will want to sign with a contender.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:18 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I have this funny feeling that Ramo is coming over and Kipper is going to be traded.
Possible, would definately be a huge change, for better or worst i dont know. But you have to think, of all the teams trying to land Cervenka, why choose the Flames? I'd say Ramo could definately be a factor in that. I like how aggressive Feaster is though, it seems when he wants a player, he goes hard to get him.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:18 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Jagr won't sign here. As much as I'm sure he likes Cervenka, I think he likes Giroux just a tad more.

If by chance he would, I take Jagr in a heartbeat. I would say he is still top 5 in the league at controlling the puck in the offensive zone, he is just so dam strong on the puck. Even if he is not getting assists, his presence alone is just so valuable with how he draws defenders in. Plus as MR mentioned, his leadership and example in the locker room have an enormous effect on a team. Like I said, I would take him, but I think in what will most likely be his last season that he will want to sign with a contender.
This when you look at the Flyers board, the common thing you'll see is Flyers fans saying his locker room presence is the biggest asset he brought to the team, expecially very good ifluence on the young players. What more could rebuilding team ask for? Personally I think if he won the Cup this year with the Flyers, the chance of coming to play with Cervenka would become higher than it is now.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
FlamingTelepath

Even if he never cracks our top6 this is still good offensive depth on a 1 year contract. You can never have too much NHL forwards, we saw that this year. Good job Feaster.

I just hope this doesn't mean talks with Jokinen have ended. Roman Cervenka did not make Olli expendable if you ask me.

I also agree that it must not be a mere coincidence Ramo's teammate chose Calgary.

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote