HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sky not falling?

Old
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Wouldn't Suter be redundant on this Hawks roster anyway? Obviously it would be great to have 3 top 10 defensemen on one team but Suter's role would be cut down a lot from Nashville. He probably wouldn't be getting more than 20-22 minutes a night.

Maybe thats a huge turnoff for him? Maybe an increase in pay and decrease in minutes would be a major turn on though? Who knows. I doubt he signs here though. Bowman has to make room for Toews and Kane resigning so i doubt he takes on anymore large, longterm deals.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:35 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
No, Keith, Seabrook and Suter would be playing at least 25 minutes a game, Leddy would play a lot on the PP, Hammer a lot on the PK, and Montador would play the least of the 6.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Panzerspitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
No, Keith, Seabrook and Suter would be playing at least 25 minutes a game, Leddy would play a lot on the PK, Hammer a lot on the PK, and Montador would play the least of the 6.
Fixed your typo for you.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

There's obviously zero chance Suter comes here, but it's fun to dream.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post

There's obviously zero chance Suter comes here, but it's fun to dream.
Why is that? Because most Hawks fans I know are going to be very disappointed if the team doesn't get one of the big three free agents and/or make some great trades. People are pissed we are just a fringe playoff team.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:29 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Anything is certainly possible, I just have a tough time seeing Stan ACTUALLY going out and adding a premiere Dman. I think #2C will be his focus.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Why is that? Because most Hawks fans I know are going to be very disappointed if the team doesn't get one of the big three free agents and/or make some great trades. People are pissed we are just a fringe playoff team.
Suter is going to re-sign with Nashville. He might go to Detroit if Lidstrom doesn't come back. We might be able to match them in terms of money, but not in terms of the top role that he would get.

Parise could go anywhere, but our top 6 wingers are set. We have much bigger needs.

I'm not sure who the third FA you're referencing is, but if it's Semin, then it's the same thing as Parise.

If you really believe those UFAs will be coming to the Hawks, you need to lower your expectations.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:50 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Anything is certainly possible, I just have a tough time seeing Stan ACTUALLY going out and adding a premiere Dman. I think #2C will be his focus.
Me too. Because that would render his strong opinion about not investing so much money in the defense wrong. But if he keeps thinking he knows everything while the team keeps making the playoffs as a low seed only to be bounced, he will be gone. The defensive group is not nearly good enough defensively for the forwards to play their game and not get lit up like we did this year. Suter is the kind of stalwart D-man that would fit perfectly here and fix a lot of the problems the team has. And I mean, it is even more essential given that Bowman wants to go young up front in a lot of places. You need talented and reliable guys on the backend to make that work. Not Oduya the turnover the machine, Leddy learning on the job, fringe guys (SOD/Lepisto) and an injury risk (Montador) counted on to play regular minutes. Bowman has to make some choices. Leddy is the obviously one to stay, Oduya has to go, Montador isn't going anywhere and we don't know how often he'll play so you just flat out MUST GET Suter or Jackman or some kind of awesome trade or the team will fail again.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:52 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Suter is going to re-sign with Nashville. He might go to Detroit if Lidstrom doesn't come back. We might be able to match them in terms of money, but not in terms of the top role that he would get.

Parise could go anywhere, but our top 6 wingers are set. We have much bigger needs.

I'm not sure who the third FA you're referencing is, but if it's Semin, then it's the same thing as Parise.

If you really believe those UFAs will be coming to the Hawks, you need to lower your expectations.
The third is Jackman. Unless Bowman has some master trade in the works, pass on all three of those and you pass on the Cup, or at least make it a borderline miracle to make the finals. And Parise ranks third of the three in terms of need but this team does badly need a top 6 LW and if they got Parise, they could move Sharp back to center if things don't work out with Kane.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bowman will look for D help 2nd, Forward depth 3rd. His main target will be a #1 goalie.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:55 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bowman will look for D help 2nd, Forward depth 3rd. His main target will be a #1 goalie.
You really think so because the Hawks have two goalies signed through next year?

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:05 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Check the "Fire Bowman" thread. He just said goaltending will stay the same, Crawford and Emery playing better is his solution and furthermore, he has no big plans at all for the roster. His plan is for the coaches to coach better and the players to play better. He thinks if those two things happen, the Hawks will be top contenders.

Old
05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Panzerspitze

Just get rid of Quenneville, and get a coach with a clue, who can restore the Keith that's as good as Suter.

Panzerspitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Check the "Fire Bowman" thread. He just said goaltending will stay the same, Crawford and Emery playing better is his solution and furthermore, he has no big plans at all for the roster. His plan is for the coaches to coach better and the players to play better. He thinks if those two things happen, the Hawks will be top contenders.
If Bowman is in trade talks about Kipper or Luongo, do you think he would come out and say he is desperate to get a new #1 because the guy he has sucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You really think so because the Hawks have two goalies signed through next year?
I think so because you can always trade away one of those signed guys.
Need to get better goaltending. Bowman knows this and will look at the possibilities (spell?). I don't think he will get a deal done for Thomas or Kipper that works for us (or better said both teams).

Old
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
digdug41982

Do you know why we never have any idea what big moves Bowman is going to make? Because he doesn't make them, nor has he given any idication that he will make them. Therefore, I fully expect Crawford and Emery to be back next year. They are the answer to all of our problems. Bowman has said that more than anything else this year. Crawford/Emery is a great tandem according to Bowman.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bowman never said they were a great tandem. Bowman in fact said that he will look at our situation and he knows that we need better goaltending.

Your hate gets beyond ridiculous