HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brent Sopel

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Riposte!

vCash: 500
Brent Sopel

Just thought I'd give an update on tonight's game as Brent Sopel had 2 assists, was a +2, and logged the most ice time of any King with 23:27 on the ice over 28 shifts. It was his second game in a Kings uniform after recovering from his bruised knee. Kings won 3-1.

Who'd have thought he'd already contribute more in 2 games than Mark Parrish, who's been dressed for every game since the trade deadline?

As far as I'm concerned, the New York Islanders have defeated the St. Louis Blues 2 times in the last 7 days (Parrish 1G, Sopel 2A)

Hope Tambellini and Grebeshkov are working out. Good luck making the playoffs

Old
03-19-2006, 12:45 AM
boredmale

Good to see Sopel back in the lineup. I always though he didn't get a fair shake by the Islanders fans. He is a #4 defenseman who was forced to be our #2. Hopefully Sopel and Parrish both help you get into the playoffs and we get that 3rd round pick.

Old
03-19-2006, 02:24 AM
NYIsles1*

Sopel was very good for the Islanders the last month and a half he was here and had settled into his role. Between the lockout and a year off it's not surprising it took as long as it did with a team that clearly had chemistry problems beyond one player on the backline.

Was nice enough to do a blog to try and let the fans know him early, and seemed very disappointed to leave. I hope he does well for the Kings, regardless of whether the Islanders get a better draft pick.

Closed Thread