HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky practicing with full contact jersey

Old
05-02-2012, 03:53 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Don't think Coyote fans would agree with this massive exaggeration. In fact, he was a healthy scratch last night replaced by a rookie. He was serviceable, just like he was here the last couple of years. No better.
It's not a massive exaggeration but it's closer to the truth than your assertion. He has been very calm and steady. Has played a large part in OEL's development over the second half of the season. He didn't play Sunday because he is hurt.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Stralman reminds me quite a bit of Rozsival, actually.

They have some significant similarities.

Dubinsky, on the other hand has been a big disappointment when I thought he was going to spring forward in the playoffs.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
oops nevermind lol i am an idiot
haha you read the first line and thought i meant that his leg exploded or something? lol

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:43 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

I don't get wanting him to slide back to center. Dubinsky's problem as far as I can see is that he tries to play make too much. He's smart, but he's not an elite passer.

I want to see more shots from him and more moves to the net. Maybe he could be successful as a center, but he seems perfectly built to be a winger. If he can just mature into the role.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post

Dubinsky, on the other hand has been a big disappointment when I thought he was going to spring forward in the playoffs.
Biggest difference is Stralman isn't afraid to shoot the puck. I'm seriously all about offensive zone patience (trust me, yelling "shoot" on the PP is easily my biggest gripe about the average hockey fan), but sometimes you have to let one rip, and Rozy had a chronic fear of taking shots.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
He's been avenged!!!

haha, I lol'ed (at a inappropriate place too) when the dots connected on this one...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I don't get wanting him to slide back to center. Dubinsky's problem as far as I can see is that he tries to play make too much. He's smart, but he's not an elite passer.

I want to see more shots from him and more moves to the net. Maybe he could be successful as a center, but he seems perfectly built to be a winger. If he can just mature into the role.
He is good at skating the puck up ice, which is quite a difficult task and one that few can handle. Dubinsky is definitely decent at it. I think he have some strong center qualities, but he definitely have some weak ones too.

Old
05-03-2012, 01:50 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post

Stralman much better at handling the puck in the offensive zone at the point, much more decisive with it too..... Rozsival handled it like a grenade most of the time.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I highly doubt we give up on Dubinsky this off-season. The only way he's going anywhere is if he's packaged in a larger deal, and I honestly don't see it happening. He'll get another chance to prove he's an integral part of the core. I strongly believe that he still is, character-wise, even when not producing, and I think he played fairly well this year and just was snake bitten and thus his lapses were much more apparent. I think he'll bounce back a bit next year, but I also think he's going to just end up being a solid, two-way, 45-50 point, character guy. I know he didn't come anywhere near 50 points this year, but I honestly think he can easily bounce back 10+ points next year. You don't judge his entire career on his one bad season; he should be at least around 45 points each year.

I do believe the weight of the new contract impacted him early on and then not producing early got in his head and things just never picked up. I actually thought he did heat up a bit towards the end of the season. I also think not getting the A was a disappointment to him, even though he said all the right things and was a good soldier about it. It was discussed a lot going into the season, he was interviewed about it and I'm sure in his mind, he started to want it. That's not an excuse, but I think it had some impact. Either way, I think he'll be given another year and I think he'll bounce back to 45+ points.
I definitely agree.

One thing is a given, that is that one of the players doing well this season will undoubtedly "struggle" (not score/be injured/play hurt and so forth) in the comming year, or couple of years at least. I mean, just go to hockeydb.com and randomly look up hockey players career stats, easily 19 of 20 players will have stats that from season to season differ alot.

And others will do better next season. Dubinsky is definitely one of the players who could do better.

We definitely lack a few things on the roster, of which one is a right hand shot. Our blueline is a little tilted towards left D's. I did thought that Brent Burns were god awful for SJ in the PO's, but Slats looked at him when he was moved from Minny and if a player like that is moved this sumer, Slats could definitely be interested and Slats could defintiely be offering someone like Dubinsky. No doubt. But that's not giving up him Dubi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Stralman much better at handling the puck in the offensive zone at the point, much more decisive with it too..... Rozsival handled it like a grenade most of the time.
Its far from given that he will be long-lived on Manhattan, but its also important to remember that the kid only is 25 y/o and that he have had several rough years for a offensive minded D's playing for worthless Toronto and Columbus teams. If you took his absolute best game in diffrent areas, you get a great D (hits and offense, the whole package). That's of course not realistic, but if you were just able to add a little more production to his game, you still get something pretty good. And that's more reasonable.

Last edited by Ola: 05-03-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old
05-03-2012, 03:37 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

is mitchell still the frontrunner of guys to sit when/if dubi comes back this series? i thought he had an outstanding game tonight (for who he is and how much criticism he takes).

rupp seems to make the most sense in my mind, but he brings more experience to the bench and can be used in physical spots that mitchell can not. (how bout that goal boyle blocked? not something we see enough out of rupper)

does anybody know if dubi had a boot on or anything? was it just the crutches?

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
It's not a massive exaggeration but it's closer to the truth than your assertion. He has been very calm and steady. Has played a large part in OEL's development over the second half of the season. He didn't play Sunday because he is hurt.
Hebwas listed as a healthy scratch. Are you the coyotes' trainer and have some inside information about an injury?

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:35 AM
NikC

there doesn't seem to be any update on Dubinsky...

anywhere...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
is mitchell still the frontrunner of guys to sit when/if dubi comes back this series? i thought he had an outstanding game tonight (for who he is and how much criticism he takes).

rupp seems to make the most sense in my mind, but he brings more experience to the bench and can be used in physical spots that mitchell can not. (how bout that goal boyle blocked? not something we see enough out of rupper)

does anybody know if dubi had a boot on or anything? was it just the crutches?
again Rupp will not come out. he's a gritty vet and fine on the 4th line. Mitchell is inconsistent and drives me bonkers. He has done a good job overall but he should a spare F on this team

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:45 AM
district9

mitchell played one good game out of 10, he's still gonna sit at the first chance.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Hebwas listed as a healthy scratch. Are you the coyotes' trainer and have some inside information about an injury?
Are we talking about Rosie? He's been day-to-day since getting hit in the face during the Chicago series.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:02 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
He was listed as a healthy scratch. Are you the coyotes' trainer and have some inside information about an injury?
He was out injured. I don't know if I have inside information -- everybody in Phoenix knew. He has an "undisclosed" injury (it's his face and head) he received in 6th game in Chicago. Tippett covered it in his press conference.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Dubinsky down and out: The Rangers played their third straight game without injured forward Brandon Dubinsky. The 26-year-old has not skated since suffering a lower-body injury in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals, and was watching from the press box with crutches and a boot on his right foot, a likely sign he is not nearing a return to the lineup.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/hoc...apitals-1-3-ot

The walking boot is used to immobilize ankle sprains. Immobilizes the ankle. Provides support when walking.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:26 AM
finger11

Yea, saw Dubi in the pressbox last night and didn't see the boot, but he was using a forearm crutch, not a shoulder one.

From Wikipedia: American orthopaedic surgeons are now beginning to prescribe forearm crutches for patients with shorter-term needs.

He wasn't even attempting to walk after he got out of his chair before slipping the crutches on... didn't look good.

finger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
It seems like Dubinsky is done for the season. Is there any updates at all?

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Blueshirt Believer

The loss of Dubi is a major problem. It has nothing to do with the scoresheet but Dubi's ability to skate and lay hits.

Dubi is a much better option than Brian Boyle.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

I miss Dubi.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:11 PM
LGR33

Me too

LGR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
The loss of Dubi is a major problem. It has nothing to do with the scoresheet but Dubi's ability to skate and lay hits.

Dubi is a much better option than Brian Boyle
Is he? hes a better option than Mitchell.. but I said when Boyle and Dubi went down as long as we get one back we're fine

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 04:59 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
Wing requires more skating... Dubi never was the best skater... after the injury it has been a LOT worse.
None of this is true at all. There's not a significant difference in how much skating is required.
Dubinsky's hard forecheck is what makes him the good player he is. You can better utilize that on the wing.
I don't see any significant change in his skating after injuries, either.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post

Dubi is a much better option than Brian Boyle.
Boyle's been our best faceoff guy and was a major player in the Ottawa series. Dubinsky hasn't done anything all playoffs, or even down the stretch for that matter.

I also haven't noticed that Dubinsky is even missing. I especially didn't notice in the 3OT win.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote