HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Part II | Lead Series 3-1! | Game 5 Wed. May 9th, 2012 10PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 01:14 PM
The Messenger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
I was at the game. The whole team was asleep until the third, it seemed.

The only player who was consistently good throughout the game was Holzer in my opinion. This game he convinced me that he will be a solid NHLer for years to come.
I was there as well. Marlies looked like they were skating on cement the first half. Abbotsford also used a 1-4 trap which was difficult. I was impressed with Scrivens, he really handles the puck well and keeps the play moving unlike Gusto who froze the puck even if nobody was within 100 feet of him. I also thought Gardiner was dominant, seemed to always be on the ice. Kadri showed nothing.

Last edited by The Messenger: 05-02-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Sadly, Holzer is already a much better skater than Schenn, wouldn't be surprise if he replaces Luke next season. Assuming he's traded.
Small sample size i know, but i dont see all the hype in Holzer.

He has the size and it looked like he could have taken a few undersized guys outa the play with a solid check along the boards; but he wasn't able to get the upperhand on these AHLers? The only thing i liked about him last night is that he showed some heart and was right in the middle when there was a scrum.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Happy Fan
nifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
gardiner hasnt been bad but not as dominant as i thought hed be at this level
I thought he played great, really skated well. Abbottsford was doing great shot blocking all night.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:24 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Kadri Supporters,

don't you ever feel let down at times?

Old
05-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
Kadri Supporters,

don't you ever feel let down at times?
Kadri Hater,

Do you ever tire of people not taking you seriously?

You pounce on every little thing you can to paint Kadri in a negative light. It's clear you have a personal investment in his failure. You care more about saying "I told you so" than actually seeing him succeed.

Nobody likes a braggart, especially when there's nothing to brag about.

Last edited by Duke Silver: 05-02-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old
05-03-2012, 05:29 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

there are kadri supporters and then there are leaf fans.

you decide.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Quote:

you decide.
Decide what?

Had no idea the two things were mutually exclusive.

You really have no idea how ridiculous you sound sometimes always.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:02 AM
conway902

Quote:
Funny how they made an article over my criticism of Kadri's goal celebration.

I don't mind a player getting excited, but I thought he was classless for doing that in a 3-0 drubbing of the Americans. He's learning and he'll learn to not embarrass players.
Not as classless as the end of the season when the americans Goaltender skated into the corner to stand over kadri and chirp him while hes was on the ice hurt.

This might have something to do with his playoff celebration

Old
05-03-2012, 07:18 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Not as classless as the end of the season when the americans Goaltender skated into the corner to stand over kadri and chirp him while hes was on the ice hurt.
Also not as classless as the rochester fans behind the penalty box taunting Kadri with racist comments.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:41 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Also not as classless as the rochester fans behind the penalty box taunting Kadri with racist comments.

were they actually racist comments. if they were i feel really sorry for nazem

Old
05-03-2012, 09:04 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

He better develop a thick skin and so should you.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

It's no excuse. Kadri has to be better than that. You can't go on in life (especially being a Leaf prospect) stooping to a low of trying to do something as classless as the fans. He's supposed to be a professional. Fans come to games to be entertained and to heckle players. They drink a lot and say and do regretful things. Our pros are not.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
Classic "blame the victim" mentality. It's his fault for having a reaction to taunting, perhaps racist taunting, not the fault of the taunters in the crowd? You do realize he performed under those circumstances and scored a goal thus earning a right to dish it right back into their narrow-minded faces? He didn't drop his hockey stick, climb the glass and start wailing on somebody. You need to try harder in your trolling.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
This isn't the 1950s. Racism is NOT accepted nor should it be. There's jabbing by fans and then there's flat out racism. What happened to Simmonds and Ward this year shows that the league and the majority of the fans do not support this kind of garbage.

05-03-2012, 09:32 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
were they actually racist comments. if they were i feel really sorry for nazem
Yeah they were, Zigomanis said that when he went on the radio show recently. Dont got a link sorry

Old
05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
He has a thick skin. Hence, he didn't cry about it to the media. He didn't even mention it to the media. He just said people were bothering him. So instead of crying about it, he went out and proved them wrong. IMO, that's a good thing. He has a lot of haters and if he responds like this everytime, it's a REALLY good thing

Old
05-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Hounsy

vCash: 559
It's the playoffs let him celebrate. Speaking of needing thick skin.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Happy Fan
nifty

Quote:

you decide.
I'm both, what's your problem?

Old
05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazedRink View Post
I'm both, what's your problem?
I know right, I thought that Leafs fans would support Nazem Kadri...guess I'm wrong

Old
05-03-2012, 09:58 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
This isn't the 1950s. Racism is NOT accepted nor should it be. There's jabbing by fans and then there's flat out racism. What happened to Simmonds and Ward this year shows that the league and the majority of the fans do not support this kind of garbage.

Good. I'm glad. I don't either. In situations like that Kadri has to prove that he's above that sort of thing. I still don't think it's ok to celebrate like that when they killed the Americans like they did. It's his opponent he's supposed to respect. It's not the player's fault for the crowd's racism. At this point Kadri got away with it, but he better not pull that BS in the NHL. Someone will break him like a twig.

Old
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
The Beyonder

Quote:
It's no excuse. Kadri has to be better than that. You can't go on in life (especially being a Leaf prospect) stooping to a low of trying to do something as classless as the fans. He's supposed to be a professional. Fans come to games to be entertained and to heckle players. They drink a lot and say and do regretful things. Our pros are not.

You have no basis as to what was said, and for how long it was said, for you to say that Naz should brush it off. Sometimes it's not easy for people to do. I think people who say to “just bursh it off” or “have a thicker skin” really have no understanding of what people like Naz go through playing hockey, and by "people like Naz” I mean minorities in hockey. Lets not expect people to be perfect, hockey players are not perfect.

I find it ridiculous that heckling should be considered as part of the game, to me it is not part of the game. Nazem Kadri does not play hockey to be racial discriminated against by fans; that is not part of the game. Players should expect boo's, but not racial discrimination and taunts. I find Naz's celebration to be totally justifiable and I personally don't understand why anyone should find fault in it. Given the whole situation, it’s a moot point. Lets criticise the rochester fans, not Nazem.

What unsettles me beyond anything is that we have one of our players being discriminated against and instead of showing our support to him, we criticise him for over celebrating. We tell him to brush it off and be a professional… How about we show some damn loyality to our players for once! You may not like Naz's development, but at least support the guy. Even if you want this guy to fail as a hockey player, at least support him as a person and not judge him for reacting like a human being instead of like an emotionless robot. Racial discrimination should not be accepted at all, nor be told to brush it off. A racial attack on one of our players is an attack on all of us.

Old
05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
SteveV*

Not sure why we can't discuss Kadri rationally around here, say anything you're a hater all of a sudden. Kadri needs to demonstrate that he is NHL ready and that means dominating here. His pedigree suggested a big game player, he's produced well in the playoffs during Junior, but that's all for not if doesn't LEAD this team to a long playoff run. Frattin is showing he's NHL ready in these playoffs, D'amigo is making a strong case for himself, Kadri is still leaving question marks.

All I want to see is this kid take the Marlies on his back and rock the joint, that's what you expect for a guy that is supposedly to good for the minors. At this stage, management certainly isn't slotting him for next year and we should be getting to that stage now, that's where a "blue chip" needs to be.

Old
05-03-2012, 01:57 PM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Quote:

you decide.
what

Old
05-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Jerkini

There's a lot of Kadri supporters, but at the end of the day, for a player of his supposed stature, 1 goal in 4 games is pretty disappointing. I think he'll have to be clicking on all cylinders if this team hopes to see any true success.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
lmao, looks like I am missing some good gems by putting ForSpareParts on ignore list.

Thanks AlienWorkShop for quoting him.

Closed Thread