HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ 1st (#2) + Savard

Old
05-03-2012, 01:13 AM
wahsnairb

vCash: 500
CBJ 1st (#2) + Savard

what kind of player could this package get the CBJ? with Methot coming back next year and both Moore and Savard playing well, either could hypothetically be packaged for a player.. assuming the Jackets don't love anyone at #2, what do you think a package like this could return?

ONE player, not a lot of pieces.. what level player can this get?

Someone on our boards proposing Hall for this package was the inspiration for this for what that is worth.

Savard is the jackets' second best young D behind Moore (in my opinion) who has shown he is NHL ready now for those unaware.

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

Someone on your boards needs to jump off a cliff. You're not getting Hall.

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
Someone on our boards proposing Hall for this package was the inspiration for this for what that is worth.

Savard is the jackets' second best young D behind Moore (in my opinion) who has shown he is NHL ready now for those unaware.
I'd likely move that for Hall. Then Edmonton drafts Yakupov to replace Hall, and drafts Murray with the #2 pick, and has Savard to help the blueline.

It wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not that bad. Yes it likely sets Edmonton back 1 more year... but they end up with 2 great assets (Yakupov and Murray) and Savard (no clue how good his potential is).

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Kaen

No it won't get you Hall. I don't think it's even enough value for Hall, then of course there is the fact that you're pushing back the rebuild, hoping that whoever they pick doesn't bust and moving out a highly marketed player that is already a huge part of their team. I highly doubt Hall is available for anything except possibly a young, established top defenseman, because they would move the #1 long before they traded him.

Columbus is better off staying where they are and taking BPA, rather then try to speed up the rebuild, or if they feel they must get a game changing player, trade up for Yakupov. Trying to trade the #2 and Savard valuewise could bring a great player in return. If there was a team looking to trade that player and looking for picks and prospects in return. And if there weren't other teams looking for exactly the same type of impact player, raising the price. Trying to speed up the rebuild will likely put them back in the same position they've been in the last decade or so. Missing the playoffs, but doing just well enough to stop them from getting a top draft pick.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Eskimo44

I wouldn't deal Hall for that, if it was the #1 pick we were getting it's more fair but Murray+Savard does not equal Hall.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I'd likely move that for Hall. Then Edmonton drafts Yakupov to replace Hall, and drafts Murray with the #2 pick, and has Savard to help the blueline.

It wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not that bad. Yes it likely sets Edmonton back 1 more year... but they end up with 2 great assets (Yakupov and Murray) and Savard (no clue how good his potential is).
Yakupov has nothing to do with the deal, we'd have him if we want anyways.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:00 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
what kind of player could this package get the CBJ? with Methot coming back next year and both Moore and Savard playing well, either could hypothetically be packaged for a player.. assuming the Jackets don't love anyone at #2, what do you think a package like this could return?

Too much for Hall or the 1st overall pick.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:11 AM
TSA0402

If I had Hall, I wouldn't trade him for that package. Value is close, though.

Bobby Ryan? Might be a bit of an overpay but I think its close.

I think Columbus is better suited drafting a solid d-man and using Moore/Savard in trade for young forward or for prospect depth. Besides its more difficult to build a solid defense than it is to acquire wingers via UFA.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 05:13 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

I don't really see how it sets Edmonton back that much. I figure Edmonton would be set back more by not having alot of high impact defensive/goaltending prospects.

After this draft, its highly doubtful Edmonton gets another lottery pick, because there offense will be much too explosive.

Old
05-03-2012, 06:09 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I really don't think that Edmonton would be a safe place for Tamoblini if he traded Hall unless Edmonton got a player who's incredibly damn good right now.

Makes no sense...

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

You had to go and mention a specific player and now this is a proposal thread.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:40 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

If Hall were in this draft, he would be going 1st overall, there is no doubt about that.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
I personally think Columbus keeps the pick without massive overpayment. Either way, I can't see them trading out of the first round.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:48 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
You had to go and mention a specific player and now this is a proposal thread.
Haha what a mess!

guys (and girls) I don't want Taylor Hall in this thread, I want to know what players are comparable to that package should the jackets not like their choices at #2 and Savard being rendered expendable by our best defense to date in front of him but still having a good amount of value being a good young d.

This is a value of thread not a proposal thread.. what is your estimated value of that package of #2 and Savard?

Old
05-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor

If tambo trades Hall for that package, in a week draft.....

I will go in my yard and find all of the dog **** I can, put in in a box and mail it to him with a letter, saying. "You like this? Well your full of it"

Realistically, this could get you a player along the lines of a patrick sharp.

Johnny McBravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Alexander Baigle

You could almost move up for Yakupov for that, Maybe throw in the 2nd rounder or LA's first.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
If tambo trades Hall for that package, in a week draft.....

I will go in my yard and find all of the dog **** I can, put in in a box and mail it to him with a letter, saying. "You like this? Well your full of it"

Realistically, this could get you a player along the lines of a patrick sharp.
The Oilers could essentially leave that draft with Yakupov and Galchenyuk for chemistry reasons or Murray for D help and another young defender who would at worst make your NHL defense in Savard and that is the reaction you would have haha?

I get not wanting to move Hall, but that is extreme.

and I love me some Patrick Sharp, but Hawks need to be a better team now and Jackets need good youth so that trade seems counterproductive to me.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
And here I was briefly thinking "thank goodness that thread stayed on our boards and didn't make it to the mains..."

I'm not convinced we'd be able to get anyone elite for that package, which IMO defeats the purpose of offering it. The sort of guys we'd need are, frankly, the sorts of players that teams won't give up futures for.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:06 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
And here I was briefly thinking "thank goodness that thread stayed on our boards and didn't make it to the mains..."

I'm not convinced we'd be able to get anyone elite for that package, which IMO defeats the purpose of offering it. The sort of guys we'd need are, frankly, the sorts of players that teams won't give up futures for.
Sorry Viqsipoo.. we are now even for your minitantrum you had on the mains yesterday with the players I shall not mention for fear of a repeat.

And I didn't say we could or should get anyone "elite" or even "superstar" or "star", I just wanted to know some players whose vale were similar to that assuming the jackets didn't love someone at 2 and didn't have offers they liked to move down. It is all hypothetical, as it always is here on the Mainland.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:08 AM
wahsnairb

Is the #2 pick + Savard = E. Kane?

Old
05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Sorry Viqsipoo.. we are now even for your minitantrum you had on the mains yesterday with the players I shall not mention for fear of a repeat.
How the hell am I supposed to maintain the hypothetical high ground with people like you undermining me?

Quote:
And I didn't say we could or should get anyone "elite" or even "superstar" or "star", I just wanted to know some players whose vale were similar to that assuming the jackets didn't love someone at 2 and didn't have offers they liked to move down. It is all hypothetical, as it always is here on the Mainland.
I'd assume that that's the quality of player we'd want if we're giving away those assets, though. I mean, I'm fairly optimistic about our chances this year (assuming we fix the goaltending, naturally), but even I think trading two major future assets for a "very good quality" 30-year-old is a bit of a silly idea at this juncture, even if the 30-year-old in question is Patrick Sharp.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Value wise? Probably not miles off--but that makes no sense for Winnipeg.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:41 AM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Value wise? Probably not miles off--but that makes no sense for Winnipeg.
ya I am only speaking in terms of value in this thread.. not practicality. Just like with Sharp mentioned earlier.. it doesn't make sense for either team with where they are at, but I just want to know what calibre of player the package is worth.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Value is with draft picks is a tricky thing, this thread gave me a reason to bring out some more useless facts.

2nd overall picks since 2000

2011 Gabriel Landeskog
2010 Tyler Seguin
2009 Victor Hedman
2008 Drew Doughty
2007 James VanRiemsdyk
2006 Jordan Staal
2005 Bobby Ryan
2004 Evgeny Malkin
2003 Eric Staal
2002 Kari Lehtonen
2001 Jason Spezza
2000 Dany Heatley

I don't know about you, but I would say most of those assets look pretty damn good. Just don't draft a goalie with your top ten pick. Its usually after the top 2 where talent level tends to take a bit of a nosedive.

Your value I think is pretty close, considering what Kane has accomplished at a young age, but at the end its a roll of the dice.