HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA Kings - Edmonton (WE TRADING AGAIN!)

Old
05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
no name

vCash: 500
For the record, I've never been on the Bernier bandwagon. I'm a Quick guy for obvious reasons. With that said, I recognize Bernier for what he is.... a cool headed, athletic, young goalie who does the little things right. Patrick Roy called him the best goalie prospect in the world and if he had more opportunity I have no doubt in my mind he'd show everyone his immense ability.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
There is nothing rediculous about it. Bernier sees much more shots than Quick so quoting the Kings defense as a reference doesn't hold equal value. Why he sees such a dramatic rise in shots per game can be debated, but it's not rebounds. Bernier has elite rebound control and is better than Quick in that regard. The team just had a tendency to lay down when he's in there.
That is ridiculous. It sounds like you are trying to say LA goes from the 2nd best defense in the league to mediocre/poor when Bernier starts. That's just not reasonable, especially to further suggest the only manipulating variable has nothing to do with it (however it's a crock of ****, so i don't think he does). Bernier by the way started 8 games against non playoff teams and 5 against playoff teams, so he also got easier starts to boot.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Skm

vCash: 1551
As it's been stated, center is LA's strongest position. They wouldn't deal for Gagner to play him as a bottom 6 C where he would definitely fail.

That being said, contrary to most comments here I don't think the value is far off. They both have high draft pedigree and have shown a decent ability at the NHL level. A good back up with starting potential for an average #2C is pretty close.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote