Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jokinen rights???

Old
05-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
Jokinen rights???

With the signing of cervenka many people are saying this is the end for olli in Calgary. If this is true what do u think the flames could get for his rights??? A 2nd?? Or possibly package him with other players in a bigger trade. At the very least I expect feaster could get a 3rd

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:13 PM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

vCash: 50
Since he will be the biggest UFA Center available, i would assume there would be some demand to try and sign him before FA, so i think some teams will want his rights, i think Ballard was getting traded for 2nd round picks before the draft, so something like that.

FlamesFan6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
SvenBartschi27

A first to a young team that is playoff bound next year

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Trae

Nobody will be paying that high. High you might be, however, if you think otherwise.

**in regard to the 1st rounder

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Xelstyle

4th rounder. Max.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

4th, maybe 5th. Agree with Xelstyle here. Even if he is one of top centres available, still he is not an elite top line player. I actually don't think his rights will be traded at all if he doesn't resign here. Its actually not that common, we may see 1 or 2 players an offseason where their rights are traded out of an entire UFA class. Those players are usually the elite players in the league. It could happen I guess from a team that really wants him, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:57 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

I can see as high as a 3rd, if they get to talk to him before the trade. Think Bouwmeester.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I can see as high as a 3rd, if they get to talk to him before the trade. Think Bouwmeester.
The only way a team would offer a 3rd is if there is more than one team that is trying to obtain his rights. And I think that team would really need to desperately find a quality #2 centre.

Remember that Bouwmeester was considered the prize of the FA class that offseason. He was the equivalent to Suter this year. Sutter also offered in Leopold in that deal, but he wasn't resigning him anyways so it was like he was playing with free money. I wonder if the Hawks would be interested?

Old
05-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Xelstyle

What was the deal for Bouwmeester? Something like a 2nd and Leopold I believe. That was for a 25 year old 40 point defenseman with four 10+goal seasons.

Jokinen, since 08-09 has only scored 20 goals twice with himself only recently rediscovering a new two-role play. Turning 34, there won't be too many teams jumping at the opportunity to sign him right away. If anything, Jokinen will most likely look like to see and find the longest term who will offer it at his age.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
What was the deal for Bouwmeester? Something like a 2nd and Leopold I believe. That was for a 25 year old 40 point defenseman with four 10+goal seasons.

Jokinen, since 08-09 has only scored 20 goals twice with himself only recently rediscovering a new two-role play. Turning 34, there won't be too many teams jumping at the opportunity to sign him right away. If anything, Jokinen will most likely look like to see and find the longest term who will offer it at his age.
3rd + rights to Leopold

It's highly unlikely there will be a team interested enough in Jokinen to forfeit any pick, let alone trade a good one for him.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:06 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
3rd + rights to Leopold

It's highly unlikely there will be a team interested enough in Jokinen to forfeit any pick, let alone trade a good one for him.
Maybe we see him involved in a bigger deal on draft day. Maybe to a team like Columbus?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Maybe we see him involved in a bigger deal on draft day. Maybe to a team like Columbus?
Washington IMO, they need a #2 center pretty badly.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Chicago's also in need of a 2nd line centre. If the Flames were to move Kipper there by the draft or even earlier, then maybe Jokinen's rights could be thrown in. They still wouldn't be worth much though.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Washington IMO, they need a #2 center pretty badly.
Johansson is a pretty dam good, young player. But I think they really like to play him with OV on the wing now instead of centre. Ideally if they could find a guy like Jokinen, I think they would jump all over it. I think Hawks and Caps would be the most likely suitors.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Northern Neighbour

I don't see any team giving up a draft pick for Jokinen's rights. He faded badly down the stretch, and a lot of teams probably consider him to be too inconsistent to forfeit a draft pick to sign him. Instead, I think teams will take their chances at signing him in FA.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
I don't see any team giving up a draft pick for Jokinen's rights. He faded badly down the stretch, and a lot of teams probably consider him to be too inconsistent to forfeit a draft pick to sign him. Instead, I think teams will take their chances at signing him in FA.
According to Feaster he was severely injured down the stretch and most guys wouldn't have even been playing. Jokinen had a great year and is the best UFA center on the market by a wide margin. He's going to get paid.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote