HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Gm#3 | KINGS (8 vs. BLUES (2 | Thursday 5/3/12 @ 7:00 pm PDT | NBCSN, TSN, RDS

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Clifford is healthy & ready again. http://twitter.com/#!/mayorNHL/statu...09668688670721

IMHO, Parse will be ready in 10 days and Gagne in 15 days. Things should get real interesting in the next 2-3 weeks....

Old
05-03-2012, 02:08 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Clifford is healthy & ready again. http://twitter.com/#!/mayorNHL/statu...09668688670721

IMHO, Parse will be ready in 10 days and Gagne in 15 days. Things should get real interesting in the next 2-3 weeks....
Only if someone gets hurt at this point...we got a good thing going, lets not **** up the chemistry

Old
05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

More nervous about this game cause it's at home. Blues played a lot better in the 2nd+3rd the other night, we all know they are going to put it all on the line. Blues also won 4 straight against the Sharks, so this series is nowhere near over. Kings gotta match their intensity and play smart. They try and be too cute in front of the home fans, cannot do that tonight. Find that killer instinct and step on their throats.

Go Kings Go!

Old
05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

The Mayor John Hoven ‏ @mayorNHL
Sutter on Doughty - 'From a defensive standpoint he has long ways 2 go...he's just scratching the surface on how 2 use his offense talents.'

So.... Doughty sucks?

Only slightly kidding, but doesn't it seem like that's pretty harsh for Sutter to say?

Old
05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Sutter on Doughty - 'From a defensive standpoint he has long ways 2 go...he's just scratching the surface on how 2 use his offense talents.'

So.... Doughty sucks?

Only slightly kidding, but doesn't it seem like that's pretty harsh for Sutter to say?
I actually think doughty has stepped his game up and has been playing fantastic since about game 2 of round 1

Old
05-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
More nervous about this game cause it's at home. Blues played a lot better in the 2nd+3rd the other night, we all know they are going to put it all on the line. Blues also won 4 straight against the Sharks, so this series is nowhere near over. Kings gotta match their intensity and play smart. They try and be too cute in front of the home fans, cannot do that tonight. Find that killer instinct and step on their throats.

Go Kings Go!
SJ's defense & goaltending were pretty crappy this year. Big difference in teams. I just don't see STL winning 4 out of 5.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Shellz

Quote:

So.... Doughty sucks?

I don't think it's harsh. He's pushing Doughty to be his best. He's playing well, but I don't think we have seen the very best of Doughty. He's still so young and if anyone could push him..I'm hoping it's Sutter.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

I would leave Parse with the Black Ace squad. If Gagne gets healthy, and in shape I would put him in right away if for no other reason than PP help.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

So.... Doughty sucks?

Why coddle the guy? That says to me that Sutter expects him to play like a $7m player and he isn't. I don't see anything wrong with expecting more and I think he is right. He has a long way to go to realizing his potential.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I actually thought about this a year or so ago and then again at the start of these playoffs. If the Kings won the Cup, I really think I would probably lose a little interest as crazy as that might sound. Being a Kings fan is like chasing the dragon. What happens if we actually catch the dragon? I hope to cross that bridge!
Well when you consider we're all gonna die on December 21, 2012 when the Earth comes to an end ... we better friggin win the Cup THIS YEAR

Real question is ... would our winning the cup be a sign of the Mayan calendar apocalypse ? Hmmmmm ? and if we lose ... does that mean everything will be ok ?

Old
05-03-2012, 02:41 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:

So.... Doughty sucks?

That's awesome of him to say that. If someone of Sutter's pedigree recognizes that we haven't seen the best of Doughty by a lot, then we are in for a great future with him. It's really a compliment and I hope it's a motivator for him.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
lumbergh

Sounds like Pietrangelo will be back on the ice tonight. So far this series has played out just like round 1. Win the first two with the opponents' best player off the ice, then take them on at full strength. Pietrangelo isn't the game-changer Daniel Sedin was, but the Blues will probably be a bit tighter on D.

If this plays out just like Round 1, then it is Jonathan Quick's night to take over.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
Sounds like Pietrangelo will be back on the ice tonight. So far this series has played out just like round 1. Win the first two with the opponents' best player off the ice, then take them on at full strength. Pietrangelo isn't the game-changer Daniel Sedin was, but the Blues will probably be a bit tighter on D.

If this plays out just like Round 1, then it is Jonathan Quick's night to take over.
Thats good news for the Blues and its good for us. If we win i'd like them to have their top line up playing.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Hitchcock said Pietrangelo is in tonight

Old
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
cyclones22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Thats good news for the Blues and its good for us. If we win i'd like them to have their top line up playing.
That and did the Nucks win that Game 4 because it was all Daniel Sedin's return or was it Schnieder playing lights out? The Blues don't have that backup goalie on the bench who actually put up better numbers than the starter did. He's already playing now and the Kings have put 7 goals by him already. Having no Halak is really a crusher, especially if the Kings score first tonight. The doubt may start creeping in if that happens.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Well when you consider we're all gonna die on December 21, 2012 when the Earth comes to an end ... we better friggin win the Cup THIS YEAR

Real question is ... would our winning the cup be a sign of the Mayan calendar apocalypse ? Hmmmmm ? and if we lose ... does that mean everything will be ok ?
Yes, I believe the Kings winning a Cup would be the sign the end is near.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:

So.... Doughty sucks?

He is using Doughty as a workhorse, playing close to 30 mins a game, so he is saying that Doughty is a great #1 dman now, but has a long way to go to reach his peak potential of being one of the best ever

Old
05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yes, I believe the Kings winning a Cup would be the sign the end is near.

Why? Have you been consulting the Tarot?

Old
05-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Wooty

Which channel will they be on? DTV has them listed at 603, 604, and 604-1

EDIT: I see King Live at 9:30 on Prime Ticket (693)

Old
05-03-2012, 03:53 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post

its gonna be 603 DTV, prime ticket is the post game show, with Bob

Old
05-03-2012, 03:55 PM
123slam

Today's episode of Melrose's Place on NHL.com devotes the last minute to talk about how great of a hockey town LA is. Melrose mentioned that he and his wife would get standing ovations when they used to walk into restaurants and also that the lines to see the Stanley Cup in LA were longer than they were in Montreal. Nancy and Ronald Reagan made it to every game of the Finals in 1993 in LA too, along with a lot of now-seasoned celebrities.

Watch it if you can. I got goosebumps.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=DL|NHL|home

Old
05-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing View Post
its gonna be 603 DTV, prime ticket is the post game show, with Bob
it seems like there maybe a conflict with the Flyers/Devils game that is scheduled to end right at 7. I guess I should not worry, they have been pretty good at providing all the games as far as I can tell.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:10 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post

It'll be 603. 604 and 604-1 are there in case the early game on 603 runs long - you can flip over to 604 (SD) or 604-1 (HD) to watch the Kings game in its entirety.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Holy chit! It's game day. I never thought it'd get here. Let's do this!

GKG!!!!

Old
05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

So.... Doughty sucks?

Uh, no. Doughty has a lot of work to do to improve his game.

The Kings are paying him as a top-5 defenseman in the NHL should be paid. He needs to get there and be consistent.

He has been fine in the playoffs and has really stepped up his game in his own zone, and is carrying the puck extremely well right now.

Closed Thread