Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarret stoll??

Old
05-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
Jarret stoll??

Of the crop of free agents this year, a guy I think the flames should sign is jarret stoll. He would be a solid 3rd line guy, would provide leadership to baertchi who if he makes the team will Likely start on the 3rd line. Also he is a good faceoff guy which we desperately need and is excellent in the shootout, another problem we have. So anyone agree we should give this guy a contract this offseason. Say like 2 years 2.75-3 mil ????

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:01 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Of the crop of free agents this year, a guy I think the flames should sign is jarret stoll. He would be a solid 3rd line guy, would provide leadership to baertchi who if he makes the team will Likely start on the 3rd line. Also he is a good faceoff guy which we desperately need and is excellent in the shootout, another problem we have. So anyone agree we should give this guy a contract this offseason. Say like 2 years 2.75-3 mil ????
yes, he would be at the top of my list to sign. I would much rather have him then Jokinen.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:31 AM
bigchief12

We should fax him an offer......

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:57 PM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Don't forget he could be a point option on the powerplay. Stoll would be a great signing for us if he actually ends up available.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
Don't forget he could be a point option on the powerplay. Stoll would be a great signing for us if he actually ends up available.
Yay! More ex-Oilers!

But if we ever move Babchuk in the meantime, Stoll just becomes all the more valuable. Great if we can get him, but could almost be considered a "must" if we lose the Boom-Boom.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
belair

Wasn't he originally drafted by Calgary and he went back into the draft? Any bad blood there?

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

I would say try and sign him. Good third line center and can play powerplay minutes too

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
bigchief12

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Wasn't he originally drafted by Calgary and he went back into the draft? Any bad blood there?
Quote:
We should fax him an offer......
Calgary did draft him 46th overall but couldn't reach a contract agreement with Stoll so they arranged a trade with Toronto. They tried faxing in the paperwork to NHL league headquarters at the last possible moment and the fax machine (or the person running it. Al Coates? not sure) had some technical difficulties and the Flames ended up missing the deadline so...Stoll reentered the draft the following year and Calgary got squat for him.

I am not aware of any bad blood though and if there was, it would probably be with someone who is no longer in the organization.

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:39 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
Calgary did draft him 46th overall but couldn't reach a contract agreement with Stoll so they arranged a trade with Toronto. They tried faxing in the paperwork to NHL league headquarters at the last possible moment and the fax machine (or the person running it. Al Coates? not sure) had some technical difficulties and the Flames ended up missing the deadline so...Stoll reentered the draft the following year and Calgary got squat for him.

I am not aware of any bad blood though and if there was, it would probably be with someone who is no longer in the organization.
Thanks. Wasn't certain of what happened there.

Stoll would definitely improve the face-off numbers. But if you guys miss out on Stoll, you could always give your neighbour a call and ask if you can borrow Eric Belanger.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
With Cervenka now in the loop, and depending what happens with Jokinen and Stajan, another option to consider as a 3rd line centre is Arnott. He is making under 3 million this year and would also be a great depth option IMO.

But I would prefer Stoll.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:57 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
With Cervenka now in the loop, and depending what happens with Jokinen and Stajan, another option to consider as a 3rd line centre is Arnott. He is making under 3 million this year and would also be a great depth option IMO.

But I would prefer Stoll.
I'd prefer that we put in a rookie for the 3rd line. Plugging in guys like JA will just hurt the team in the long run.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

It depends what moves are made this offseason. Right now I think Backlund is the 3rd line centre, he could either move up or be moved out depending on what happens. If we move Backlund and lose Jokinen, I'd take a guy like Arnott to provide a vet presence.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Thanks. Wasn't certain of what happened there.

Stoll would definitely improve the face-off numbers. But if you guys miss out on Stoll, you could always give your neighbour a call and ask if you can borrow Eric Belanger.
I'm sure we wouldn't be the ones giving the call for Belanger. Oilers look like they're ready to ask us to take him off their hands.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
It depends what moves are made this offseason. Right now I think Backlund is the 3rd line centre, he could either move up or be moved out depending on what happens. If we move Backlund and lose Jokinen, I'd take a guy like Arnott to provide a vet presence.
What do you mean vet presence? The Flames are so old they don't need anymore oldies.
But no, I would rather live and die by the likes of Backlund and Stajan unless somebody else significantly better comes up.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
What do you mean vet presence? The Flames are so old they don't need anymore oldies.
But no, I would rather live and die by the likes of Backlund and Stajan unless somebody else significantly better comes up.
LOL, I just mean if the Flames deal all their oldies this offseason (Iggy, Tangs) and roll with lots of young guys in their lineup. I don't know what will happen, but if we have lots of young guys then Arnott would be an option and wouldn't cost much.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
LOL, I just mean if the Flames deal all their oldies this offseason (Iggy, Tangs) and roll with lots of young guys in their lineup. I don't know what will happen, but if we have lots of young guys then Arnott would be an option and wouldn't cost much.
Then and only then, I probably wouldn't disagree, but I'm still going to want Stoll first. Either way, having a RH centerman winning faceoffs and I'm a happy fan.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I like both Stoll and Gaustad at the right price and if we move one of Stajan, Backlund or Jones. We'd have to move one of those guys though, I'd like Reinhart to be the AHL call-up guy next year. The problem is the lack of UFA centers this year. Jokinen, Gaustad, Stoll and Kelly are the "premier" guys, when usually they'd be secondary types.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I like both Stoll and Gaustad at the right price and if we move one of Stajan, Backlund or Jones. We'd have to move one of those guys though, I'd like Reinhart to be the AHL call-up guy next year. The problem is the lack of UFA centers this year. Jokinen, Gaustad, Stoll and Kelly are the "premier" guys, when usually they'd be secondary types.
He is 23 can we please give him another year? Why are we in such a rush to move him?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
He is 23 can we please give him another year? Why are we in such a rush to move him?
I'm not. I quite like Backlund, but if we were to acquire another average center we need to move one out. He's also more desirable in a trade than someone like Stajan. I don't want to "rush him out," but I'm not against moving him in the right situation either. I think he'll be a Langkow type player. Not a guy you throw on the scrap heap. That said, you can only have so many 3rd line centers. We currently have 3 or 4 of them. I'd give Backlund 2 more years ideally before deciding what he is, but if a team were willing to give a Turris like return for him, I'd move him.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:09 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I'm not. I quite like Backlund, but if we were to acquire another average center we need to move one out. He's also more desirable in a trade than someone like Stajan. I don't want to "rush him out," but I'm not against moving him in the right situation either. I think he'll be a Langkow type player. Not a guy you throw on the scrap heap. That said, you can only have so many 3rd line centers. We currently have 3 or 4 of them. I'd give Backlund 2 more years ideally before deciding what he is, but if a team were willing to give a Turris like return for him, I'd move him.
I personally don't think he should be considered for trade unless it gets us a young top 6 player (which he won't). His value is low right now I think we should look to surround him with talent and constant linemates and see what he can do.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I personally don't think he should be considered for trade unless it gets us a young top 6 player (which he won't). His value is low right now I think we should look to surround him with talent and constant linemates and see what he can do.
I agree. I'd like a much better return obviously for Backlund in a trade scenario than I would for Stajan. That's why I said "Turris like" return. I equate Backlund with Turris. Backlund is better defensively, Turris is better offensively. I never though Turris would get the assets back that Phoenix got for him either.