HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

WSJ Article about LaFontaine

Old
05-03-2012, 03:18 PM
malPHONEY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I remember that. I read in Newsday that it was going to happen. I was already thinking about how Yzerman was going to fit on the Isles. Indeed, crazy stuff.
Eh...only difference is that nobody would think Yzerman was clutch because he'd be stuck on the LI trainwreck and LaFontaine would be God.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:36 PM
potvins4cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Eh...only difference is that nobody would think Yzerman was clutch because he'd be stuck on the LI trainwreck and LaFontaine would be God.
I think the deal with buffalo was better for the islanders. with detroit it would have been one for one. with buffalo, we got rid of randy stone hands wood and lafontaine and in return we got back lafontaine, hogue and krupp.

torrey also was close to signing adam oates but pickett got cheap and refused to allow torrey to include bonuses in the contract so instead oates opted to sign with the red wings who were willing to give him bonuses. crappy and frugal ownership has been a mainstay with this organization since it's inception. just imagine how better the islanders would have been if we actually did sign oates and then we were able to boast a 1-2-3 punch of lafontaine, oates and brent sutter.

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote