HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Adult Hockey League Talk

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 05:01 AM
poppap527

vCash: 500
Still putting feelers out there; anyone need a goalie for upcoming season/games? Can also be a last minute sub as I am 8-10 mins from Sharks Ice.

Lunch pickup is nice, but I need the competitive feel that comes from real game action.

Old
05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
MetropolisPt31

One of my teams tied at 1-1 last night and instead of OT, we went straight into a 3-round shootout. It was a nice change of pace for a preseason game.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:12 PM
jon y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post
One of my teams tied at 1-1 last night and instead of OT, we went straight into a 3-round shootout. It was a nice change of pace for a preseason game.
Yeah, I must have looked like an idiot shaking hands with my team after regulation, only to have you point me back to the net.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Stickmata

Quote:
Yeah, but it's gonna suck when you're waiting around for your 11:30 game to start and they're 20 minutes behind because the two previous games went to shootouts. I think this is a bad idea and I hope it only lasts the summer season. Ties are fine during the regular season.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
There is no OT, except in playoffs

Old
05-03-2012, 04:15 PM
MetropolisPt31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon y View Post
Yeah, I must have looked like an idiot shaking hands with my team after regulation, only to have you point me back to the net.
Hey, what's up? That was a good game. By the way, I gave your guy a blocker to the shoulder because he tomahawk slashed me on my glove hand when I was covering the puck. I can tolerate the post-cover sweep poke, but the overhand slash is not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
Yeah, but it's gonna suck when you're waiting around for your 11:30 game to start and they're 20 minutes behind because the two previous games went to shootouts. I think this is a bad idea and I hope it only lasts the summer season. Ties are fine during the regular season.
I don't think it'll be a problem. Ties don't happen too often and the game will end in a tie after the maximum 4 rounds. The likely problem I see is playing in terrible slush when they start rushing the start of games.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't think it'll be a problem. Ties don't happen too often and the game will end in a tie after the maximum 4 rounds. The likely problem I see is playing in terrible slush when they start rushing the start of games.
You should have seen the ice for our championship game a week ago. They were trying to train a new guy on the zamboni and he kept missing the same spot over and over again. He covered the same area at least 4 times, and was dumping water each time. It was a frickin swimming pool out there. Fortunately they didn't rush it too much, but that ice needed at least good 20 minutes to sit.

Combine that awesome zamboniing with rushing start times and warm weather and it's going to be an interesting summer!

Closed Thread