HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIII All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh...

Rolston scored SEVEN goals this season (in 70 games)
Fedotenko scored NINE in 73 games
Brunette got TWELVE in 78 games
everyone here think Penner is A.K. equivalent
Boyes scored EIGHT in 65 games
Stoll scored SIX in 78 games
Langkow scored ELEVEN...

that's the list of 20 goals scorer you found ? really ?

come on now...
Rolston had 15 points in 21 games with Boston, I'd have no problem taking a chance on him for 1 year, 2-2.5 mil.

Stoll and Penner could be great value if they bounce back.

Boyes was miscast as a center in Buffalo, I have no doubts that he can put up at least 20-20-40 or better with Plekanec and Gionta. He is a career 0.66 PPGM.

Ak also didn't score 20, but I'm sure a lot of those guys would if you plugged them into a 2nd line slot.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
PA Parenteau scored 19 goals and had more than 60 points. You can get him for 3-3,5 a year.

But Habs can get a good winger in that range IF they trade some assets - like their 3rd overall pick or a package or Plekanec
Parenteau will cost a lot more than 3-3.5 mil/year.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:24 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Rolston had 15 points in 21 games with Boston, I'd have no problem taking a chance on him for 1 year, 2-2.5 mil.

Stoll and Penner could be great value if they bounce back.

Boyes was miscast as a center in Buffalo, I have no doubts that he can put up at least 20-20-40 or better with Plekanec and Gionta. He is a career 0.66 PPGM.

Ak also didn't score 20, but I'm sure a lot of those guys would if you plugged them into a 2nd line slot.
Rolston scored 20 ONCE in the last four seasons, and he's 39 years old...

Stoll scored 20 only twice in his whole career, bouncing back does NOT make him a 20G scorer...

Penner ? everyone and their mother qualify him as a North American version of A.K., he would do no better...

well, that's the thing, A.K. wasnt playing on the 2nd line for us... you think any of those would score 20 playing alongside Eller or Gomez for 12 minutes a night ?

cause reality is simple... while A.K. is no superstar, and while he also float from time to time, he did score more than all those guys -> playing 3rd and 4th line for the most part...

Old
05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
PA Parenteau scored 19 goals and had more than 60 points. You can get him for 3-3,5 a year.

But Habs can get a good winger in that range IF they trade some assets - like their 3rd overall pick or a package or Plekanec
Why would PAP sign for only 3 to 3.5 mil after getting those number? If that's all he's asking, the Islanders would have signed him like the did with Moulson.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Rolston scored 20 ONCE in the last four seasons, and he's 39 years old...

Stoll scored 20 only twice in his whole career, bouncing back does NOT make him a 20G scorer...

Penner ? everyone and their mother qualify him as a North American version of A.K., he would do no better...

well, that's the thing, A.K. wasnt playing on the 2nd line for us... you think any of those would score 20 playing alongside Eller or Gomez for 12 minutes a night ?

cause reality is simple... while A.K. is no superstar, and while he also float from time to time, he did score more than all those guys -> playing 3rd and 4th line for the most part...
Stoll would be a vey solid fit to the 2nd line, can play center or wing, strong both ways and is usually a 40-45 point guy with a crappy year this year(21 points and a career year of 68 in 05-06). At worse him and Bourque battle for a spot on the 2nd line and the runner up plays with Eller.

Penner has great size, still only 29 and would be a great buy low candidate. After what AK pulled in Nashville I'm not sure he didn't also have off ice issues here(not just his brother). I think Penner could potentially be a 50-55 point guy with Gionta and Plekanec.

Rolston looked like a guy who still had a bit in the tank with Boston, not my first choice but a better option than rushing LeBlanc or Gallagher.

AK played 2nd line at times but he was frustratingly inconsistant...maybe it was related to off ice stuff that's shown it's ugly head in Nashville...

Old
05-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Stoll would be a vey solid fit to the 2nd line, can play center or wing, strong both ways and is usually a 40-45 point guy with a crappy year this year(21 points and a career year of 68 in 05-06). At worse him and Bourque battle for a spot on the 2nd line and the runner up plays with Eller.

Penner has great size, still only 29 and would be a great buy low candidate. After what AK pulled in Nashville I'm not sure he didn't also have off ice issues here(not just his brother). I think Penner could potentially be a 50-55 point guy with Gionta and Plekanec.

Rolston looked like a guy who still had a bit in the tank with Boston, not my first choice but a better option than rushing LeBlanc or Gallagher.

AK played 2nd line at times but he was frustratingly inconsistant...maybe it was related to off ice stuff that's shown it's ugly head in Nashville...

Country music can cause people to do things ....

Old
05-03-2012, 04:36 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Parenteau will cost a lot more than 3-3.5 mil/year.
And might score a fair bit less than 67 points, if he's not getting an exploitation role 5-on-5, first-unit PP minutes, and doesn't maintain twice the assist rate he's had before last year.

I'd advise caution with RDS's favorite future UFA.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

I think the most logical move is to explore like TO did on Grabovski, the Nasvillian Radulov......

So before anyone goes off saying no way, ask the Leafs fans how they hate Grabovski ....ask Leafs fans to take a 2nd rounder for him .....

Radu target 1 should be ....

Old
05-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
And might score a fair bit less than 67 points, if he's not getting an exploitation role 5-on-5, first-unit PP minutes, and doesn't maintain twice the assist rate he's had before last year.

I'd advise caution with RDS's favorite future UFA.
I think 20-35/40-55/60 is what you'd expect if you sign him.

Best case scenario Bergevin sells him on playing for the Habs and being part of a future contender.

I expect him to re-sign there at a home town discount, 4 years and 19 mil or 5 years and 23.75. Otherwise, as a UFA he might get a Wisniewski contract(6 years 33 mil) if he just follows the money.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:49 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

Well, you see... that's the part you dont get...

sure A.K. is inconsistent, sure he float sometimes and all... sure...

but you know what, despite all that, when played on the top 9, not even top 6, just top 9, he was a 20 goal scorer... even with little or no PP time...

he stopped being a 20G scorer the day our coach stopped using him on the top 9...

and here you are, finding every possible excuse to explain why they didnt score 20, and why they scored less than A.K...

Old
05-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Stradale

Quote:

If AK was a party animal here, believe me the media and fans will know about it. People in Montreal recognize the team trainer here, if AK misses curfew or party too much, the whole city will talk about it.

He missed curfew once and now people comes up with all kind of story.

Old
05-03-2012, 04:57 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Why would PAP sign for only 3 to 3.5 mil after getting those number? If that's all he's asking, the Islanders would have signed him like the did with Moulson.
He wants off the Island? More than likely...not many players will stay there much longer...

Old
05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Country music can cause people to do things ....
He was in Phoenix

Old
05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
He wants off the Island? More than likely...not many players will stay there much longer...
He was on record saying he would give them a home town discount because they gave him his shot.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He was in Phoenix
Is country music banned in Phx?

Old
05-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
If AK was a party animal here, believe me the media and fans will know about it. People in Montreal recognize the team trainer here, if AK misses curfew or party too much, the whole city will talk about it.

He missed curfew once and now people comes up with all kind of story.
He may or may not have been a party animal, but being out at 4am the night before a 5pm playoff game tells me he isn't going to be confused with Bob Gainey in terms of dedication and commitment. To me that's a huge red flag. add to that that both guys are in contract years, makes it that much dumber.

Old
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Stradale

Quote:
He may or may not have been a party animal, but being out at 4am the night before a 5pm playoff game tells me he isn't going to be confused with Bob Gainey in terms of dedication and commitment. To me that's a huge red flag. add to that that both guys are in contract years, makes it that much dumber.
Im not talking about what he did. I think we all agree that it was stupid and irresponsible.

Its just funny that you start make all kind of scenarios.

Since he was traded, things got relatively quiet with AK. now that he missed one curfew, apperently hes a party animal. Peopple starts digging the mafia thing. Saying he has a history of off-ice problem when that "incident" was confirmed to be a complete non-story.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
2 quick goals.

Elias & Kovalchuck

Old
05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
2 quick goals.

Elias & Kovalchuck
**** ! I don't want these boring Devils in the next round....

Old
05-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Andy

Devils all over the Flyers right now. Zajac showing some excellent vision and poise this game. The devils are really using their speed against the Flyers D and it's working. The D for Philli looks like it can't take onslaught.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Why was NBC saying that the Elias goal was a bad one to give up? Bryz could have played it a little better perhaps but hockey schools will be using that play to illustrate how to perfectly exploit the opposition and shoot through a screen in order to score a goal. That was even better from a technique perspective than Sakic shooting through Steven's legs and beating Brodeur high short side. Great goal by Elias.

And then the Flyers leave Kovalchuk to walk in completely alone down the middle and shoot. If only there was something that would have indicated to them how that might turn out Maybe if hockey jerseys had a players name and number on them they would have been able to do something about it sooner

Old
05-03-2012, 07:12 PM
akratique

Quote:
**** ! I don't want these boring Devils in the next round....
Well, these aren't your dad's Devils. They're quite entertaining actually..

Old
05-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Andy

Zajac is making some ridiculous passes this period.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:33 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by akratique View Post
Well, these aren't your dad's Devils. They're quite entertaining actually..
No kidding, it's about as far from the trap as you can get. They're hustling and pressing the Flyers back into their zone.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:48 PM
habitue*

I think I just don't like the idea of having a NYR vs NJ in the Eastern Conference Finals....

Bettman would be wetting his underpants, though...

Closed Thread