HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Going to NY...

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2006, 11:20 AM
mattihp

vCash: 500
Going to NY...

I am going to NY with my hockey reality show... We leave from here on saturday... and go back for sweden on next thursday...

So if you see Kenta Nilsson with alot of nerds who are carrying hockey equipment (especially a fat, purple-hitler-haired geezer ^^), don't hesitate to say hello ^^

We're probably gonna see a Rangers game...

Old
03-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
I am going to NY with my hockey reality show... We leave from here on saturday... and go back for sweden on next thursday...

So if you see Kenta Nilsson with alot of nerds who are carrying hockey equipment (especially a fat, purple-hitler-haired geezer ^^), don't hesitate to say hello ^^

We're probably gonna see a Rangers game...
I went to 4 games at MSG in January. I am an Austrian who lives in the U.K. and I say this: If you have the chance to go see a Rangers game at MSG, to sing along to "Sweet Caroline" with 18,199 other fans... DO IT!!! Screw the expensive ticket prices, YOU GET TO GO TO MSG and SEE THE RANGERS LIVE...

I remember sitting in the very lower bowl thing, ticket cost me excess of $100 US... Lundqvist was stopping pucks 20 metres in front of me, Jagr was one-timing them on the PP only 10 meteres in front of me...

Being from Vienna, I obviously went to as many 2005 World Championship games I could. As I had similar tickets as at MSG, Jagr scored twice in front of my face... I could even hear him calling for the puck! It was a brilliant experience... but you wanna see Jagr and Lundqvist and the others wearing a BLUE RANGERS JERSEY.

I love NYC, I can't get enough of it... I go there once a year for holidays... Enjoy it

Old
03-14-2006, 12:33 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Is Kenta Nilsson a hot swedish girl?

Old
03-14-2006, 12:43 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm
Is Kenta Nilsson a hot swedish girl?
Nah, he's my coach A former Jets, North Stars, Flames and Oilers player ^^

Mr Magic

Old
03-14-2006, 06:07 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Nah, he's my coach A former Jets, North Stars, Flames and Oilers player ^^

Mr Magic
Have a great time here.

Is Nilsson the guy Hextall gave a violent slash to the back of his knees with his goalie stick?

Old
03-14-2006, 06:18 PM
rangers

Isn`t Kent Nilsson the father of Islander player Robert Nilsson? All this guy does is travel across the Atlantic with a bunch of Swedish tourists watching NHL games...

Old
03-15-2006, 12:47 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Have a great time here.

Is Nilsson the guy Hextall gave a violent slash to the back of his knees with his goalie stick?
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers
Isn`t Kent Nilsson the father of Islander player Robert Nilsson?
Yes.
Quote:
All this guy does is travel across the Atlantic with a bunch of Swedish tourists watching NHL games...
Nah... In addition to being head european scout for the oilers, Kenta Nilsson is now the coach of my reality show hockey team, HCZ ^^

Old
03-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Ola

Good luck matti!

The HCZ is a really funny reality show, the best ever IMO. Its about creating a hockeyteam in 4 month that can beat the Swedish National team in hockey. I defenitly think it would be a hit in the US.

First of all about 20 "players" are picked from a short camp. The only condition is that they never before have played any sports, the producers pick the biggest neards, punkrockers and special characters (one ninja) they possibly can find. They then become a proffesional hockeyplayers for 4 month or something and a coached by a big name character coach before the big event - the game against the Swedish National team.

I was skeptical before it started, thought it was a joke. But after the first episode I was hooked, rolled around the floor laughing my a** off... They always starts out playing the worst possible opponent its possible to find, and looses. Girls 10 y/o or a sledge hockey team or something.

It have actually become really popular in Sweden, allot of people who aren't even sports fans are watching it. Kind of like "Mighty Ducks" but for real with grown ups. Its great.

Old
03-15-2006, 05:50 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Good luck matti!
Thanks.
Quote:
First of all about 20 "players" are picked from a short camp. The only condition is that they never before have played any sports, the producers pick the biggest neards, punkrockers and special characters (one ninja) they possibly can find. They then become a proffesional hockeyplayers for 4 month or something and a coached by a big name character coach before the big event - the game against the Swedish National team.
There are 15 of us. Not a single punkrocker, and the ninja... Well he is no ninja, but he descends from a samurai family. And I don't like that the production calls us professionals since we don't get a dime >_<.

Old
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
mattihp

I wonder if there are many recreational hockey teams... since we're gonna play one game there too...

Old
03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Tervetuloa/vilkommen, Matti! There are a lot of recreational/school hockey teams out here, but I'd wager the average competition is better in Sweden.

Sounds like a good show: how did you get chosen? Does your show have a website?

Old
03-16-2006, 01:45 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Tervetuloa/vilkommen, Matti! There are a lot of recreational/school hockey teams out here, but I'd wager the average competition is better in Sweden.

Sounds like a good show: how did you get chosen? Does your show have a website?
We need a crappy team if they´ve played hockey for more than a year they'll play around with us on half speed and still beat us some 10-0 or so.

Is there any special meeting places or so for the decently large finnish community of NY? (I know NY has too finnish newspapers, both with more than 15.000 readers).

I slipped in on a banana peel since I was in the soccer one ^^ had to do the final casting just as a formality..

http://www.ztv.se/index.php?option=c...457&Itemid=153

Old
03-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Olympic nut

I am not as clued in to the Finnish community as I used to be, because the Finns I knew around here moved away and the old Finn Urban Network website doesn't work anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a place where the Finns get together, but I'm not in that crowd...

There is the Finnish Church in the West Village, where I go for a Fiinnish class every Thursday (it's impossible to keep speaking otherwise!), but I'll be honest, I have never gone to any of their events, so I don't know how well-attended they are:
http://www.finnchurchny.org/

There is also the Scandinavia House, which has some Finnish stuff, but is more of a cultural centre than a place to meet people:
http://www.scandinaviahouse.org/

And finally, there is a bar at the Estonia House on 34th Street, where the Finns in NY occasionally have an event or two, but it's usually packed with only Estonians.

Old
03-17-2006, 12:17 PM
mattihp

What's the weather gonna be like the upcoming week?

I am leaving for NY tomorrow...

Old
03-17-2006, 04:42 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

weather.com - 10 Day Printable Forecast
http://www.weather.com/weather/print/10021

Old
03-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

You'll be very comfortable--the weather report is for clear skies and below average temp, in the low 40s (5C) during the day, around freezing (32F) at night. It could be a little warmer, but pretty good weather to see New York all things considered.

While you're here, don't forget to look up! Not only at the really big buildings like the Empire State Building, but also just in general. There's a lot of interesting things to be seen above ground level.

Old
03-19-2006, 10:22 AM
mattihp

sitting on compusa on the fifth avenue right now ^^

anyone know an alternative clothes store on or close to manhattan? were staying on the travel inn, close to the times square

Old
03-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Olympic nut

Quote:
sitting on compusa on the fifth avenue right now ^^

anyone know an alternative clothes store on or close to manhattan? were staying on the travel inn, close to the times square
I would say hit the East Village, head out to 1st Ave below 13th St. and east of there into Alphabet City (Ave. A, B, C, etc.). You'll find something, anything there, generally. It might be not be cheap, although sometimes you find some great deals.

How are you enjoying NY?

Closed Thread