HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #3|May 3, 2012|Flyers at Devils| part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
  #126
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,366
vCash: 500
If couts misses next game i think we need to insert some other line changes as well.

The first guy I would think about sitting is Jagr. The style of play the devils implement is just too much for him. But then again rolling with two more rooks is probably a disaster as well.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
  #127
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If couts misses next game i think we need to insert some other line changes as well.

The first guy I would think about sitting is Jagr. The style of play the devils implement is just too much for him. But then again rolling with two more rooks is probably a disaster as well.
Jagr has did absolutely nothing.

It really wouldn't matter if a rook came in and played.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:01 AM
  #128
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
you do realize it was Schenn and Gus that were changing
#48 is Briere. you do know that, don't you?
he was on the ice, and watched Kovalchuk get the game winning assist, as he cruised to the bench for a changed. he just glided, didn't skate hard.

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocen...N.J733&lang=en

stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/PL030223.HTM

307 4 EV 17:05
2:55 BLOCK N.J #14 HENRIQUE BLOCKED BY PHI #17 SIMMONDS, Slap, Def. Zone
10
C

48
C

17
R

6
D

26
D

30
G


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 05-04-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:02 AM
  #129
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Jagr has did absolutely nothing.

It really wouldn't matter if a rook came in and played.
I would rather see a rookie get some experience turning pucks over in the postseason... Plus, it's just another excuse for Bryz to give up 4 goals.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:03 AM
  #130
Suspended4Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Can I just say again I hate Lilja...their third goal never happens if he makes the easiest defensive play ever and just keeps the puck moving along the boards. But nah...the genius decides to move the puck BACK into the traffic area that Carle had just barely gotten the puck out of moments before. And then he gets muscled off the puck. It's decisions like these that make me wonder how he's made it in the league this long to the point that he's considered a veteran.

This team keeps ripping my heart out...I'm not going to say that we're a better team than the Devils (although I THOUGHT we were going into this)...but the Devils are not this good. They're good, but not this good, we're making heroes out of them. It's disgusting.

And where's rockstar Giroux been lately?!?! Again, how does a dude so high on his game vanish so quickly? Yeah he made a play that eventually turned into a goal, but my lord, he's the best player on the ice but hasn't shown up the past two games. He NEEDS to be better and contribute every night.

This team is why I drink.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
  #131
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
#48 is Briere. you do know that, don't you?
Briere is the most proven/productive player in the NHL postseason since the lockout. You do know that, don't you?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
  #132
Breeze 44
Registered User
 
Breeze 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
thats the truely funny part on this board.

if you fault Bryz. then the rest of the team must be getting off scott free..

obviously its a team loss. but when u tie up the salary $$$ we did in Bryz. you simply cant expect to still have to outscore the goalie everytime out..

bryz` yearly cap hit is murdering this teams ability to get better defensive players.. which was the whole fricken point of signing him...


grrrrrr.
He's not tying up anymore salary than any other # 1 goalie would. His salary averages out to alittle over 5 mil. or is he getting ALL 51 million this year. Just stop already, every frigging goal gets dissected and you all sound ridiculous.

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:05 AM
  #133
Czech Your Math
Registered User
 
Czech Your Math's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bohemia
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Jagr has did absolutely nothing.
He had an assist and a nice shot off a turnover, but Marty made the save. He looked better than the first two games, which isn't saying a lot, but he played pretty well down low.

It's apparent that they don't want him carrying the puck up ice and have taken him off G's line for most of the series. They are limiting his ice time, even on the power play, putting him with Briere a lot when they aren't stuck in the d-zone to start.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
  #134
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
He's not tying up anymore salary than any other # 1 goalie would. His salary averages out to alittle over 5 mil. or is he getting ALL 51 million this year. Just stop already, every frigging goal gets dissected and you all sound ridiculous.
And he plays like these other #1 goalies?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
  #135
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 42,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
He's not tying up anymore salary than any other # 1 goalie would. His salary averages out to alittle over 5 mil. or is he getting ALL 51 million this year. Just stop already, every frigging goal gets dissected and you all sound ridiculous.
Yes, but he's playing well below the level of those other equivalently priced goalies. Like Thomas, for instance.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:08 AM
  #136
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
He had an assist and a nice shot off a turnover, but Marty made the save. He looked better than the first two games, which isn't saying a lot, but he played pretty well down low.

It's apparent that they don't want him carrying the puck up ice and have taken him off G's line for most of the series. They are limiting his ice time, even on the power play, putting him with Briere a lot when they aren't stuck in the d-zone to start.
He can't keep up with the play and he isn't winning board battles at all. His greatest asset is his strength and when he is getting beat along the boards by Steven ****ing Gionta then he just flat out sucks right now.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:09 AM
  #137
Suspended4Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Yes, but he's playing well below the level of those other equivalently priced goalies. Like Thomas, for instance.
This is all irrelevant if we can't put together a simple line change.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:12 AM
  #138
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
the funniest logic EVER:

Flyers score goal #3: 'Marty saw Bryz's bad goal & decided to match him". Marty can't control the rebound, which is put in. bad goal by Marty

somebody points out Danny's AWFUL line change that led to the game winner by NJ

suddenly, what was a bad goal by Marty, turns into 'Mr. Money in the Playoffs Danny Briere strikes again !!!' & he's the reason we even GOT to OT

now it's a good goal by Danny & not a bad goal by Marty.

we see NJ score when Bryz can't control the rebound, which is put in.

logic says this must, also, be a good goal by Ponikarovsky, since it's the same as Danny's goal ... can't control the rebound, which is put in


but, WAIT !! it's BRYZ !!! it has to be his fault & so it turns into "Bryz needs to control the rebound !!!"

which then should mean that Marty needs to control the rebound.

but, if that's the case, it isn't a good goal by Danny & there's nothing to use as an excuse to cover up for his OT line change .....

so, it must be: a good goal by Danny AND Bryz's fault in OT, even though they both are rebounds .... yea, that's the ticket !!

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
  #139
Walnut
Registered User
 
Walnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Country: England
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Always a difficult way to lose, but just think. If we hadn't **** the bed after taking the lead on Tuesday, this series would look a lot different now.

Sunday just became a must win

Walnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
  #140
Breeze 44
Registered User
 
Breeze 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
And he plays like these other #1 goalies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Yes, but he's playing well below the level of those other equivalently priced goalies. Like Thomas, for instance.
Yes he was, then he broke a bone in his foot and is playing through it...but hey that's easy right! Pelle got off easy.....

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:18 AM
  #141
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
Yes he was, then he broke a bone in his foot and is playing through it...but hey that's easy right! Pelle got off easy.....
Ahhhh.... Let me file this away as excuse #578 for why Bryz can't win a game unless we score 5 goals.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:18 AM
  #142
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
This loss is certainly not on bryz alone, but he was having a lot of issues controlling rebounds...

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:22 AM
  #143
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
This loss is certainly not on bryz alone, but he was having a lot of issues controlling rebounds...
Apparently it is the fault of two rookies making a bad line change, and the loss has nothing to do with the $51 million dollar veteran goalie.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:26 AM
  #144
Breeze 44
Registered User
 
Breeze 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Apparently it is the fault of two rookies making a bad line change, and the loss has nothing to do with the $51 million dollar veteran goalie.
Trust me, I know your type...name me one goalie that the Flyers have had since Bernie that you haven't blamed? I'll wait.............

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:31 AM
  #145
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
Trust me, I know your type...name me one goalie that the Flyers have had since Bernie that you haven't blamed? I'll wait.............
Know my type? If you can't draw a distinction between the difference in expectations of Leighton and Bryz than you're screwed. These Ls have been a team effort, but, other than March, when the **** has Bryz played anywhere close to his compensation level?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:33 AM
  #146
FlyerBearsCheesehead
Registered User
 
FlyerBearsCheesehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milwaukee WI
Country: United States
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspended4Life View Post
Can I just say again I hate Lilja...their third goal never happens if he makes the easiest defensive play ever and just keeps the puck moving along the boards. But nah...the genius decides to move the puck BACK into the traffic area that Carle had just barely gotten the puck out of moments before. And then he gets muscled off the puck. It's decisions like these that make me wonder how he's made it in the league this long to the point that he's considered a veteran.

This team keeps ripping my heart out...I'm not going to say that we're a better team than the Devils (although I THOUGHT we were going into this)...but the Devils are not this good. They're good, but not this good, we're making heroes out of them. It's disgusting.

And where's rockstar Giroux been lately?!?! Again, how does a dude so high on his game vanish so quickly? Yeah he made a play that eventually turned into a goal, but my lord, he's the best player on the ice but hasn't shown up the past two games. He NEEDS to be better and contribute every night.

This team is why I drink.
The various incarnations of this team have been ripping my heart out since 1983 or so. Thank god for Canadian Club.

FlyerBearsCheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:35 AM
  #147
highflyer2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
when will this team learn that you need to play more than 20 minutes to win a hockey game. 1/4 of the game is not good enough to win! Devils deserved to win, when you outplay and opponent 75% of the time, chances are you will win the game! We need a full 60 minute effort from everyone, then maybe we can get a win.

highflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:48 AM
  #148
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
Flyers need Giroux to step up and dominate these games

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:49 AM
  #149
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyer2 View Post
Devils deserved to win.
yup, we had 2 PP in OT for crimminies sake !!

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:51 AM
  #150
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
This loss is certainly not on bryz alone, but he was having a lot of issues controlling rebounds...
And he also made plenty of no rebound saves. His stats reflect the poor defensive play of this team.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.