Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moss vs comeau vs stempniak

Old
05-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
Moss vs comeau vs stempniak

I see the flames only resigning 1 of these guys to play RW on the 3rd line (unless 1 of them sign for next to nothing I.e 1mil). If u guys had the choice which one of these guys would u bring back and which two would you let go???

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:12 PM
OrrwastheBeatles

I think Stempniak is a possibility for 2nd line if they can't find another RW.

For bottom 6, I think Comeau is the most versatile. He is also the fastest and one of the only forwards curently playing with any grit

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

^ I can see stemp there too but I really hope they are able to somehow get a better RW for the 2nd line and stemp starts the year on the 3rd line. I also agree comeau is good and if is willing to accept 1-1.5 mil I would pencil him on the 4th line with jones and jackman and than if beartchi or anyone struggle he can easily move up.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:56 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Comeau, or let em all walk

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I know Sutter loved Moss, so I would of said him for that reason. But who knows what will happen now. I'm sure Feaster will consider the players ages, past stats and cap hit when making the decision. I think 1 will be brought back and that Nemisz will be given a serious look.

Also lets not forget Horak and Byron, these are 2 other guys that should considered ready to be regulars. I actually don't expect many vets to be brought back. Hey maybe we should start a thread about it? Personally I think Feaster should just buy a bag of black licorice and whoever draws the longest piece stays with team.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:28 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I know Sutter loved Moss, so I would of said him for that reason. But who knows what will happen now. I'm sure Feaster will consider the players ages, past stats and cap hit when making the decision. I think 1 will be brought back and that Nemisz will be given a serious look.

Also lets not forget Horak and Byron, these are 2 other guys that should considered ready to be regulars. I actually don't expect many vets to be brought back. Hey maybe we should start a thread about it? Personally I think Feaster should just buy a bag of black licorice and whoever draws the longest piece stays with team.
I honestly wouldnt blink twice if he let every UFA walk.. Would be a gamble, but it would also be a mini shake up and add more youth to the lineup.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I honestly wouldnt blink twice if he let every UFA walk.. Would be a gamble, but it would also be a mini shake up and add more youth to the lineup.
Lets say he did, and just resigned Jones and Comeau.

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Baertschi Cervenka Glencross
Horak/Byron Backlund Comeau/Nemisz
Bouma/Aliu Jones Jackman

I actually don't mind that lineup one bit, there is a ton of speed in there.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:39 AM
OrrwastheBeatles

Quote:
Lets say he did, and just resigned Jones and Comeau.

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Baertschi Cervenka Glencross
Horak/Byron Backlund Comeau/Nemisz
Bouma Jones Jackman

I actually don't mind that lineup one bit, there is a ton of speed in there.
and some money to spend on more D (or a C if there was ever any available).

I have been looking at exactly the same thing. If reports from Cervenka's camp are true, he was told he is replacing Joker. I don't think it hurts the team if they let Moss and Stempniak walk. Well, a bit, but not a great deal. Let the kids play and try to get a couple solid d-men in.

I think Aliu will be in the mix as well. And, based on how he looks with the Heat, Reinhart might turn some heads at camp as well.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
and some money to spend on more D (or a C if there was ever any available).

I have been looking at exactly the same thing. If reports from Cervenka's camp are true, he was told he is replacing Joker. I don't think it hurts the team if they let Moss and Stempniak walk. Well, a bit, but not a great deal. Let the kids play and try to get a couple solid d-men in.

I think Aliu will be in the mix as well. And, based on how he looks with the Heat, Reinhart might turn some heads at camp as well.
And dammit, I left Stajan out again.

Seriously though, I like the guy but I hope the Flames can find a better fit for him somewhere else. I like Cammy at centre, I think Jokinen is gone, Stajan has proven to be ineffective in a bottom 6 role. I hope we can a team for him that he can thrive in.

I agree with you, our team played better down the stretch with the kids in the lineup. Its their time, let them play, I think they out played the vets overall. I think Reinhart will turn some heads at camp and I think he will absolutely get some time up next season. I can actually see a guy like Byron be included in a trade to upgrade a defenceman. I like Byron, and I think he will be ready next year but I just don't know where he will fit. As MR said, I think Horak may get moved over to the wing.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:58 AM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
I wouldn't mind having Stemps back rather than Comeau or Moss.

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Baertschi - Cervenka - Cammalleri
Glencross - Backlund - Nemisz
Bouma - Jones - Kostopolous

ex: Jackman/Horak/Byron/Aliu

I know, I don't like Stajan at the top line either but he was pretty good down the stretch and I think it'd be nice to have balance throughout the lineup with Cammy on the 2nd line. The lineup above with Nemisz is if we don't sign Stempniak or another UFA.

If Stajan weren't here, I would put Cammy at center on the first line and sign a UFA winger if we can't get Stempniak.

Maybe Jagr ?

Baertschi - Cervenka - Jagr. As Cervenka and Jagr have a connection. Just throwing that out there. haha

With the right coach, I think that team can make the playoffs.

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:00 AM
OrrwastheBeatles

I'm not a Stajan hater either, but I keep trying to find a place in the lineup for him and I can't - he just doesn't fit. They have to find a team that they can move him to.

Old
05-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
I'm not a Stajan hater either, but I keep trying to find a place in the lineup for him and I can't - he just doesn't fit. They have to find a team that they can move him to.
he is our ONLY centerman that can win faceoffs. There needs to be a spot for him. You can't take one of the teams most glaring weaknesses and make it even worse. If Cervenka is used as a center I think either Cammalleri will stay on the wing or Backlund will be moved for a young defenseman of the same vein (early 20s, lots of potential still trying to put it together)

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:07 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Stemps is probably the best of the 3 (although if Moss could actually stay healthy he'd have an argument). If they only retained one, I'd prefer Stempniak. If they retained two (one for the 2nd line, one for the 3rd), then Stempniak and Comeau, primarily due to Moss' injury proneness.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
The Gnome

Comeau still has some good upside IMO. The problem is that his brain implodes when he's going 800 km/h with the puck into the offesnive zone. If someone could work with him and teach him that just hitting the net is a good contribution in itself then he'd be a very useful player in a bottom six role.

Love his grit/work ethic level. The kid just needs to hit the ****ing net and understand where to be for rebounds. His offensive IQ is non-existent.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:51 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
Out of these three gentlemen I'd keep Stempniak. He's a fine third-liner and, as mentioned, a smarter hockey player than Comeau. Nothing against Moss but I think his time in Calgary is over.

I would not be heartbroken if none them got re-signed either. Third liners like these are always available come July. Now if they're brought back to play on the 2nd line then we obviously have some bigger problems with the roster.

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Comeau still has some good upside IMO. The problem is that his brain implodes when he's going 800 km/h with the puck into the offesnive zone. If someone could work with him and teach him that just hitting the net is a good contribution in itself then he'd be a very useful player in a bottom six role.

Love his grit/work ethic level. The kid just needs to hit the ****ing net and understand where to be for rebounds. His offensive IQ is non-existent.
Comeau is everything this team lacks in teams of heart, grit and effort. He would easily be my choice of these 3 but at anything over 1.5 million I walk away from Comeau too

Old
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
SB47

If anyone I say Comeau/Stemps. Please no more Moss. He is just too injury prone. But cant overpay anyone to be brought back.

SB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingTelepath View Post
Out of these three gentlemen I'd keep Stempniak. He's a fine third-liner and, as mentioned, a smarter hockey player than Comeau. Nothing against Moss but I think his time in Calgary is over.

I would not be heartbroken if none them got re-signed either. Third liners like these are always available come July. Now if they're brought back to play on the 2nd line then we obviously have some bigger problems with the roster.
I still would rather let these guys all walk and sign a couple off the following list:

Stoll
Gaustad
Tootoo (sounds like he has fallen off the radar in NSH, could be a steal if he turns around)
Carcillo

Something like:

Tanguay-Cervenka-Iginla
Glencross-Stoll-Cammy
Bartschi-Backlund-Tootoo
Bouma-B.Jones-Jackman

If Cervenka can't cut it then move Glenny to the RW (he is solid there):

Tanguay-Cammy-Iginla
Cervenka-Stoll-Glencross
Bartschi-Backlund-Tootoo
Bouma-B.Jones-Jackman

Only problem is finding a suitor for Stajan. oh, and we have way to many left handed forwards on this freaking team.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I would have brought back Moss and Comeau and let Jackman walk. But what's done is done. I think Stempniak has a little more offense, Moss is the best defensively and Comeau the most physical. Sign whoever is cheapest. I really like Moss, but he's constantly injured. If he could ever stay healthy he could put up 15-20 from a third line shutdown role, but we all know he can't.

Last edited by Double Dion: 05-04-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Double Dion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
Comeau is everything this team lacks in teams of heart, grit and effort. He would easily be my choice of these 3 but at anything over 1.5 million I walk away from Comeau too
yup, my two cents as well, though I'd rather go after Tootoo.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Kolanos is excellent in the face-off department. Did really well in the dot at both the AHL and NHL levels. I hope he gets a long look in training camp. He was the best player in that league this year.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
yup, my two cents as well, though I'd rather go after Tootoo.
why not both? I sure could handle a like of Comeau - Stajan - Tootoo as our 3rd line. But that would require Cammy moving to center and Backlund being traded

Tangs - Cerv - Iggy
Baer - Cammy - Glenner
Comeau - Staj - Tootoo
Bouma - Jones - Jackman

I know alot of people are against trading Backlund but I think he is ideal trade bait to land a youngish defenseman with top 4 potential. Yannick Weber was suggested on the main trade board and I like that idea to be honest.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
why not both? I sure could handle a like of Comeau - Stajan - Tootoo as our 3rd line. But that would require Cammy moving to center and Backlund being traded

Tangs - Cerv - Iggy
Baer - Cammy - Glenner
Comeau - Staj - Tootoo
Bouma - Jones - Jackman

I know alot of people are against trading Backlund but I think he is ideal trade bait to land a youngish defenseman with top 4 potential. Yannick Weber was suggested on the main trade board and I like that idea to be honest.
Yannick Weber is awful. Honestly, trading Backlund for Yannick Weber. You need to think before you hit the submit button. Weber isn't even an NHLer.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
he is our ONLY centerman that can win faceoffs. There needs to be a spot for him. You can't take one of the teams most glaring weaknesses and make it even worse. If Cervenka is used as a center I think either Cammalleri will stay on the wing or Backlund will be moved for a young defenseman of the same vein (early 20s, lots of potential still trying to put it together)
I'm not trying to down play the importance of being able to win a FO, but I think we need to ask if his ability to win a FO is greater than all the other holes in his game? If he can continue his play in the last 20 games of last season then he is a bargain at his current contract, I just don't think he can over 82 games.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
I'm not trying to down play the importance of being able to win a FO, but I think we need to ask if his ability to win a FO is greater than all the other holes in his game? If he can continue his play in the last 20 games of last season then he is a bargain at his current contract, I just don't think he can over 82 games.
Agreed. 15-20 games doesn't make up for 2 years of 4th line/pressbox performance. Yet alone talk of moving out Backlund to make room for Stajan. That would be incredibly stupid.