HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #3|May 3, 2012|Flyers at Devils| part 2

Old
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
NjDevsRR

vCash: 500
"I have tickets in the lower black seats at prudential center row 2 by the flyers we have had the seats for years including in the old stadium. Most games are quite with rival teams we get some banter or chanting this Includes many flyers fans in the past. Tonight we got attacked by 3 drunk violent fans unprovoked and witnessed 4 other Philly fans all men walking up from section 7 attack 3 young women trying to punch them and then 2 young men trying to fight anyone on their way out. How does the NHL not report on this? I have witnessed 17 years of devils hockey and never seen such a violent disrespectful group of fans. I have a video I will post a link Tom it is on YouTube It's the three guys who attacked us and then attacked the women after the video. "

"Flyers fans fighting each other outside of Prudential Center. Newark cops tazed them all. Coming to Youtube soon."

I am sorry but I am tired of seeing this. I was attacked by a drunk flyer fan tonight. I didn't say anything to him.

My only question is, why? WHY? Why does this stuff only happen when Flyer fans are in the building, and the best part is there were only about 300 of you guys there. I met many good flyer fans over the years but have seen too many violent incidents. I am just sick of it.

Last edited by NjDevsRR: 05-04-2012 at 12:10 AM.
NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:04 AM
CJV123

Ponikarovsky made a nice/lucky play on the BH of a bouncing puck at a sharp angle. Blame lies with the dumb decision for a line change- a HS defenseman would be called out for that mistake, let alone an NHL one.

Last edited by CJV123: 05-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
CJV123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJV123 View Post
Ponikarovsky made a nice/lucky play on the BH of a bouncing puck at a sharp angle. Blame on the dumb decision for a line change- a HS defenseman would be called out for that, let alone an NHL one.
It was definitely a nice/lucky play on the backhand.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
rixXx

May sound stupid but what type of system is capable of beating the devils, rangers and now the caps. It's been a very long time since I've seen a team get pinned in their zone so easily. Especially a talented roster like the flyers

rixXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:16 AM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixXx View Post
May sound stupid but what type of system is capable of beating the devils, rangers and now the caps. It's been a very long time since I've seen a team get pinned in their zone so easily. Especially a talented roster like the flyers
Boston gave us fits every game and the way the Panthers play gave us many problems. We play extremely well against the Caps and Rags but the only problem was Lundqvist stealing games.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
"I have tickets in the lower black seats at prudential center row 2 by the flyers we have had the seats for years including in the old stadium. Most games are quite with rival teams we get some banter or chanting this Includes many flyers fans in the past. Tonight we got attacked by 3 drunk violent fans unprovoked and witnessed 4 other Philly fans all men walking up from section 7 attack 3 young women trying to punch them and then 2 young men trying to fight anyone on their way out. How does the NHL not report on this? I have witnessed 17 years of devils hockey and never seen such a violent disrespectful group of fans. I have a video I will post a link Tom it is on YouTube It's the three guys who attacked us and then attacked the women after the video. "

"Flyers fans fighting each other outside of Prudential Center. Newark cops tazed them all. Coming to Youtube soon."

I am sorry but I am tired of seeing this. I was attacked by a drunk flyer fan tonight. I didn't say anything to him.

My only question is, why? WHY? Why does this stuff only happen when Flyer fans are in the building, and the best part is there were only about 300 of you guys there. I met many good flyer fans over the years but have seen too many violent incidents. I am just sick of it.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:20 AM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Our fanbase is composed of many families and these guys were doing this stuff in front of little kids. Its disturbing to watch.

...this made me laugh tho.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:

if this is the case, I feel sorry for you. There are idiot fans every where, and the more fans you have the more idiots there will be.

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:31 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
it's only a weak goal, when we can lump it in w/ Bryz.

it then turns into a Danny 'snipe', when somebody calls out Danny for his brutal PP in OT & even worse change that cost us the game.

LOL
no fault for Marty on the Briere goal. lucky bounce. or was it a lucky break. either way not his fault. See it works both ways doesnt it.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:34 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Our fanbase is composed of many families and these guys were doing this stuff in front of little kids. Its disturbing to watch.

Every fan base has problems, not just "Flyers fans" like some think it is. Dont judge the fan base off of a couple people who cant control themselves. Also it would be good to know the full story though. Like was it them being provoked or even messed with first or did they actually go on a rampage like it seems.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:36 AM
FlyerGuy18

Quote:

the chant devils fans do isn't really little kid friendly

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:39 AM
ivrey01
Rookie User

There is no system, unfortunately most teams cannot play against that junior hockey left wing lock system,unless you employ yourself. If you noticed the Panthers play a similar style of hockey, hence a very low scoring, boring dead series in round one. The Flyers are built to move the puck from end to end and faced with this pancy system it is hard to do. It does not help that Bryz has given up some very, very weak goals. I guess the only way to beat this sytem is to be patient and dump the puck to the other side of the lock, but you have to be quick and to beat the forecheck. If we do not we will not win the series, we have never played well against this pancy style hockey, for that matter most teams do not.

ivrey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:15 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
"
Uhhhhhh...... FWIW, Rangers fans are even worse. Because with them it's like 10% to 15% of the building and 1700 to 2400ish people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
no fault for Marty on the Briere goal. lucky bounce. or was it a lucky break. either way not his fault. See it works both ways doesnt it.
Briere kicked the puck in and there was no review. I'm 99% sure it would have stood as a goal, but he clearly intentionally turns the skate and directs it in. It's really tough to fault on goalie on something like that.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:18 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Briere kicked the puck in and there was no review. I'm 99% sure it would have stood as a goal, but he clearly intentionally turns the skate and directs it in. It's really tough to fault on goalie on something like that.
right

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:20 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Uhhhhhh...... FWIW, Rangers fans are even worse. Because with them it's like 10% to 15% of the building and 1700 to 2400ish people.

It deflected off his leg, he didn't kick the puck in.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:23 AM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 View Post
When 17,000+ are on their feet pointing at the goalie and yelling hey you suck, the kids need to grow up sometime because it is awesome. Not trying to start anything here goes, definitely feeling relieved after tonight rather than cocky. A lot of hockey left to be played.

HenriquesJawLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJParise09 View Post
When 17,000+ are on their feet pointing at the goalie and yelling hey you suck, the kids need to grow up sometime because it is awesome. Not trying to start anything here goes, definitely feeling relieved after tonight rather than cocky. A lot of hockey left to be played.
you should feel confident, your team has been better through the first 3 games.

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:30 AM
FlyerGuy18

Quote:
i was talking about the 'rangers suck, flyers swallow' chant

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Volchenkovs Face

vCash: 610
Quote:

All fans trying to fight are tough until they are faced with people who will fight them back. That has been my experience at least.

Volchenkovs Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:40 AM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
i was talking about the 'rangers suck, flyers swallow' chant
lol yea I guess that one is a little over the top, kinda funny though.....gotta love atlantic division hockey

Old
05-04-2012, 01:45 AM
fauxflex

Quote:
It goes a little further than that. There are a few chants at the Rock that aren't so classy or family friendly. The whole "Rangers suck and Flyers swallow" seems in bad taste...I mean I don't really care myself, but it seems inappropriate to see younger kids joining in those chants.

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:48 AM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxflex View Post
It goes a little further than that. There are a few chants at the Rock that aren't so classy or family friendly. The whole "Rangers suck and Flyers swallow" seems in bad taste...I mean I don't really care myself, but it seems inappropriate to see younger kids joining in those chants.
Very fair, I understand

Old
05-04-2012, 02:46 AM
the lers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Embellished, as usual, by Brodeur.
yea that was awful...blow the whistle cuz schenn entered the crease, but call a penalty cuz brodeur flopped on his face 2 seconds later? that was ridiculous..either way they didnt play well enough to win tonight

the lers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:52 AM
the lers

Quote:
true...we don't chant you suck everytime we score..we save our barrage for the refs

the lers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:56 AM
BillDineen

I have gamecenter and I watched the entire shift that led to the OT goal.

Schenn fails to get it deep from the red line. Next time out Schenn loses control. Devils dump and Lilja turns it over. After 1 min on the ice Briere deflects it out and Kovalchuk retreats to his blueline. As Kovalcuk does this Schenn is almost to the red line and Gus is halfway between the blue and red as Devils change. What the hell were they thinking? Especially Gus. I could maybe understand Schenn, but Gus looks like an idiot to follow.

Parise goal is 100% on Lilja. He could have eaten the puck or kept it moving. I do not blame Carle on that one.

Outside of the 3rd D pairing, G, Hartnell and Jagr are the ones I am most disappointed with. Keep Voracek with G. He always seems to be going.

Really happy every time Wellwood is on the ice.

Bryz kept them in.

Good and bad from Carle as usual. Where did that shot come from? So used to weak wristers.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote