HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torres Suspended for 25 Games

Old
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Sevanston

vCash: 500
Apparently he's appealing based on the fact that his punishment was inconsistent with others suspensions given out.

It's pretty odd that no one else has tried that tactic this year, since suspensions have been inconsistent all year.

Still, I don't suspect Bettman to lower his suspension.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Sarava

Would be funny if they were allowed to hear the appeal and then lengthen the suspension.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:48 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Would be funny if they were allowed to hear the appeal and then lengthen the suspension.
I think they could.

If some human piece of **** like Torres tried appealing a suspension to me I'd just double it and tell him after thinking about it more, I realized that I went to soft on him the first time around.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:50 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
What they should do is say, if you lose the appeal, the games you've served so far do not count. If you win, they do. See what he does then.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
madgoat33

its clear that ******* was just waiting for the fervor to die down. Who waits 2 weeks to appeal a suspension? What a piece of ****. I hope the desert swallows that whole city and all the ******** with it.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:40 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGraham View Post
At the time there were at most 4 games left in the Chicago series plus the possibility of three more rounds at 7 games each, so at most there could be 21 games. 4 + 21 = 25 games! It makes sense!

He will not play in the rest of the playoffs and (god forbid) if Phoenix were to win the cup, his name will not appear on the cup. Then whatever is left is tagged on to next year!

I like it!
He played enough regular season games to qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Any word on how Hossa is doing?
Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa is feeling better but still hasn't recovered from a head injury suffered last month when Phoenix Coyotes winger Raffi Torres hit him in the head in the first round of the playoffs.

"I'm feeling better but still not feeling myself, so it's going to take some time," Hossa said in a conference call with reporters from Slovokia on Thursday. "The good thing is, step by step, (I'm) getting a little bit better, so that's a good sign."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...ffi-torres-hit

Last edited by JSmith81x: 05-03-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added link
JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith View Post
He played enough regular season games to qualify.

Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa is feeling better but still hasn't recovered from a head injury suffered last month when Phoenix Coyotes winger Raffi Torres hit him in the head in the first round of the playoffs.

"I'm feeling better but still not feeling myself, so it's going to take some time," Hossa said in a conference call with reporters from Slovokia on Thursday. "The good thing is, step by step, (I'm) getting a little bit better, so that's a good sign."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...ffi-torres-hit
From ^^ article:

Quote:
Hossa said Torres reached out to him "about a week" after the hit.

"It was nice he contacted me, but on the (other hand) I told him, 'I know you play that way, but the one thing that upset me (was) the jump; if you wouldn't jump, I wouldn't get hit in the head and you wouldn't have 25 games.' The phone conversation was pretty quick," Hossa explained.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

I couldn't imagine the conversation between Hossa and Torres being very long. Torres is a joke and deserves to sit the 25 games. I'm just disappointed the Hawks couldn't knock them out in the first round so he'd lose a nice chunk of change as well. I guess the Preds winning the next 3 in a row would be okay in that regards, just not as satisfying.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Can we stop to talk about this POS?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote