HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When will Price sign?

Old
05-04-2012, 02:04 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Elliot basically has taken the net from Halak...soon time for Allan Walsh to take to twitter to whine....

Halak can't handle the number 1 duties guys, sorry, he can't and hasn't....stamina issues and injuries...it is what it is...
Halak has always jumped in the line-up and played very great for the Habs when there was alot of pressure to perform, so I give the kid alot of credit for being very strong mentally, but he never ever proved he could handle 60 games per season and perform at a high level every nights like Price has done for the past 2 seasons..

Still, give Price an half decent team in front that will compete hard togheter and the kid will be recognized at his fair value..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Halak has always jumped in the line-up and played very great for the Habs when there was alot of pressure to perform, so I give the kid alot of credit for being very strong mentally, but he never ever proved he could handle 60 games per season and perform at a high level every nights like Price has done for the past 2 seasons..

Still, give Price an half decent team in front that will compete hard togheter and the kid will be recognized at his fair value..
What?

If anything there was no pressure on Halak, Price was always expected to be "the guy" and Halak was the "underdog" nobody expected anything from.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:06 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Price is 24. He should've had the MVP last season AND the vezina. Anyone saying against that is either a pessimist or a bruins fans/CH-hater
Thomas won it because of outstanding team defense and system.

Lundqvist is good. Great. But he's never won nothing in the playoffs either. at 28.(not 24)

Quick ? Ya maybe.
But how many good season Quick had ?
I'm a habs\panther fan but give me a break. He may have deserved those awards, but there were guys who deserved it more. Thomas was the best goalie last year. Rinne was also better.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
I'm a habs\panther fan but give me a break. He may have deserved those awards, but there were guys who deserved it more. Thomas was the best goalie last year. Rinne was also better.
Yeah the right people won the awards, he should have been nominated for the vezina though.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I'm sorry.

The definition of the trophy is ''best all around goalkeeper.''
Not best statistic's due to the greatest team in the world. Even Rask had great stats should we give him the Vezina ?
It's much like Aaron Rodgers with the Packers. Good kid, but shouldn't be consider among Brady, bree's and Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Yeah the right people won the awards, he should have been nominated for the vezina though.
In no point he was less dominant than the goalie mentioned. Maybe he had lesser stats for sure (Except for win's..) but seeing Luongo getting the nomination made me real butt hurt.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
I'm sorry.

Not best statistic's due to the greatest team in the world. Even Rask had great stats should we give him the Vezina ?
It's much like Aaron Rodgers with the Packers. Good kid, but shouldn't be consider among Brady, bree's and Manning.

In no point he was less dominant than the goalie mentioned. Maybe he had lesser stats for sure (Except for win's..) but seeing Luongo getting the nomination made me real butt hurt.
Since when did Boston become the best team in the world last year? They needed three game 7's to win the cup. Heck, the barely survived us. Not sure why I'm even arguing this. Nobody deserved the vezina more than Thomas. And Rinne, Loungo, and Lundqvist were just as good as Price or better.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What?

If anything there was no pressure on Halak, Price was always expected to be "the guy" and Halak was the "underdog" nobody expected anything from.
Just remember when Huet got injured and Halak jumped in the line-up for the last stretch of the season with a ton of pressure on the shoulders.. He was the reason why we were 1 win away from making the playoffs, but Carbo decided to play Huet for the last game of the season against the Leafs and it turned out to be a very bad decision.. Just remember his playoffs run to the conference finale were we were outshot and outchanced big time.. That was the Halak show.. He always responded well when the challenge was big, thats what I meant.. You have to give him credit where its due.. But playing 60 games per season at a very high level is another story.. A guy like Tim Thomas by comparison is at his best when well rested (from Claude Julien's mouth)

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 05-04-2012 at 02:38 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
I'm sorry.

talk about

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:04 PM
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Just remember when Huet got injured and Halak jumped in the line-up for the last stretch of the season with a ton of pressure on the shoulders.. He was the reason why we were 1 win away from making the playoffs, but Carbo decided to play Huet for the last game of the season against the Leafs and it turned out to be a very bad decision.. Just remember his playoffs run to the conference finale were we were outshot and outchanced big time.. That was the Halak show.. He always responded well when the challenge was big, thats what I meant.. You have to give him credit where its due.. But playing 60 games per season at a very high level is another story.. A guy like Tim Thomas by comparison is at his best when well rested (from Claude Julien's mouth)
He also played a HUGE part why the Habs made the playoff's during the 08-09 season when the team collapsed and was 1 win away from getting a medal during the Vancouver Olympics.He always seems to perform under pressure...

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Since when did Boston become the best team in the world last year? They needed three game 7's to win the cup. Heck, the barely survived us. Not sure why I'm even arguing this. Nobody deserved the vezina more than Thomas. And Rinne, Loungo, and Lundqvist were just as good as Price or better.
I'm sorry... You are right the team that has given the less goal in the last two years and that also had scored the most + won the cup and finished with more points in the last two seasons are not the best team. The fact that Rask put up similar number is pretty telling.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:48 AM
JetsAlternate

"Show them what's up for bid."

"It's a lovely Carey Price!"

"Okay, guys. How much do you think that's worth?"

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 05-06-2012 at 05:53 AM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Travis Moen

Quote:
I'm sorry... You are right the team that has given the less goal in the last two years and that also had scored the most + won the cup and finished with more points in the last two seasons are not the best team. The fact that Rask put up similar number is pretty telling.
lol and the fact that Budaj has the same numbers as Price should mean they are equivalent?

Com'on son, Thomas has proved his worth. His team didn't dominate the league, he played a few overtime games and won them.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

I say it will be a 6 year deal. Will be done before July 1st, probably between st-jean and canada day.

I say PK and Price are signed at the same time.
Ensuring that PK, Price and Gorges are here for atleast another 6 years together.

I want to say he'll sign a 6year 5.5 per year deal but i'm affraid it might closer to rinne money

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

It will be before free agency day and that will be used as a tool to get people to sign here. I bet all of our big signings, and most of our little ones will be done before July 1st for exactly the same reason.

A new GM comes in and it can be scary for players because they don't know the situation in Montreal. If Bergevin is able to convince people about how serious he is in making the team a contender he'll have a better chance of reeling free agents in.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Roulin

I don't see the urgency to sign Price long term. I'd rather sign him to a 1 year deal, and work out a longer deal after the season.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I don't see the urgency to sign Price long term. I'd rather sign him to a 1 year deal, and work out a longer deal after the season.
He'll cost us more after he wins the Hart, Vezina and Conn Smythe, though.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
He'll cost us more after he wins the Hart, Vezina and Conn Smythe, though.
He definitely would, that's true. The thing is, he's already very highly regarded, and his agent knows it. His long term value will go up if he does what you predict - maybe, from the 6mil to 7mil range, depending on what happens with the CBA? On the flip side, if he gets injured, misses a bunch of games, has an off year, gets into some off ice trouble, or goalie values drop in general as players like Thomas and Luongo get distributed throughout the league... IMO the potential for a bad contract would have a more devastating impact on the team than the possibility of overpaying by a million dollars per season due to another year of waiting.

edit: I'm especially looking forward to that Conn Smythe!

Last edited by Roulin: 05-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old
05-07-2012, 01:52 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
That's the dumbest idea ever.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
That's the dumbest idea ever.

I've explained my reasoning, why don't you explain yours?

Old
05-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:

I guess his reasoning is that Price is RFA and will be UFA next year? I'm all for locking him up, but not at any cost. He is not a franchise player.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Moen View Post
lol and the fact that Budaj has the same numbers as Price should mean they are equivalent?

Com'on son, Thomas has proved his worth. His team didn't dominate the league, he played a few overtime games and won them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Moen View Post
I guess his reasoning is that Price is RFA and will be UFA next year? I'm all for locking him up, but not at any cost. He is not a franchise player.
I was going to answer you, but then I saw your last sentence.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Makes no sense to wait for him to become an UFA. He will only cost more.
And until we actually draft another goalie, one that actually shows great potential ala Price, Halak, Schneider, etc.., then it's useless to think about moving Price.

I think we absolutely have to draft a young promising goalie this year. It's probably our weakest position. If we can draft one in the 2nd round, I'd go for it.
We need to draft one in case anything goes wrong with Price.

Also, I don't think it's all that crazy to think we can draft a goalie that will become better than Price.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote