HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCSF - #3 Phoenix Coyotes 4 vs #4 Nashville Predators 1

Old
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I think Radulov should play. In for Halischuk
You don't talk about fight club ... aka ... roll with the team that won the previous game

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I hope no line-up changes. I'd love to see Smith in, but you don't mess with the mojo.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I don't know any more than most people do but what would be the justification for playing either Rads or AK and not the other? And their "remorse" is something that I assume both of them have. They know they were wrong so I don't know about that excuse.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Trotz was doing all sorts of crazy things with the lines in the 3rd period, so I don't think he was totally happy with everything. If we would have won in a convincing manner, then I agree, don't mess with it. But we squeaked by with the win and didn't generate enough quality scoring chances IMO. It's not just about the win or loss.

It's over. They served their punishment. We move on and ice the best team possible.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
NoNecksCurse

id ice the same lineup.. definitely the 1st and 4th lines ... sk fisher erat and halischuk gaustad tootoo were effective. gaustad's line especially. id put smith in for yip. rads and ak can go hit up the bars. we don't need them

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:09 PM
vandyfan84

Maybe someone can help me out. I don't want to jump the gun though, I am flying into town Saturday morning....I am prayin this gets to game 6 at the very least. Where have y'all seen the best places to get tickets? Stubhub? Scalper? I am unfortunately going to be attending the game alone. So I'll just need a single

vandyfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:19 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Maybe someone can help me out. I don't want to jump the gun though, I am flying into town Saturday morning....I am prayin this gets to game 6 at the very least. Where have y'all seen the best places to get tickets? Stubhub? Scalper? I am unfortunately going to be attending the game alone. So I'll just need a single
probably stubhub..

and I may be going alone as well.. and don't worry there will be a game 6

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:20 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Stubhub is pretty good for them. You can buy them from scalpers outside of the arena, but I would recommend looking online first.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:25 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

I've gotten a lot of tickets from Stubhub this season. Depending on when you buy the price can drop dramatically. Definitely check there.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:17 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
tiqiq.com searches multiple databases for you

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:20 PM
glenngineer

Trotz is in a catch-22 with the lineup decisions for tomorrow night. If he plays AK and Rads and we lose people will question why he changed the lineup. If he sits AK and Rads and we lose, people will question why he didn't change the lineup. It's all good if we win and no one questions anything. Probably one of the biggest and defining moments of Trotz's coaching career. It'll be interesting to see how he handles this.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:30 PM
AEM6729

If Rads and AK don't play tomorrow, it won't have anything to do with their rules violation...it'll simply be because Trotz wants to stick with the group that got it done in the previous game. I think too many people are looking at the possibility of Rads and/or AK being held out of Game 4 as somehow being an extension of their punishment, but in Trotz's mind I don't think that's what it would be at all. It would be a lineup decision just like any other game...these guys won, these guys played the way I wanted them to play, I can't make any justification for taking any of them out (barring injury), so we're going with the same group.

I bet that within the locker room and the organization, Rads and AK are forgiven. If we continue in these playoffs, they'll see the ice again. Probably as soon as we lose, somebody plays poorly, or somebody gets hurt.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:08 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
If Rads and AK don't play tomorrow, it won't have anything to do with their rules violation...it'll simply be because Trotz wants to stick with the group that got it done in the previous game. I think too many people are looking at the possibility of Rads and/or AK being held out of Game 4 as somehow being an extension of their punishment, but in Trotz's mind I don't think that's what it would be at all. It would be a lineup decision just like any other game...these guys won, these guys played the way I wanted them to play, I can't make any justification for taking any of them out (barring injury), so we're going with the same group.

I bet that within the locker room and the organization, Rads and AK are forgiven. If we continue in these playoffs, they'll see the ice again. Probably as soon as we lose, somebody plays poorly, or somebody gets hurt.
It's almost like a coach having the backup goalie get a shutout, do you play him again or go back to your starter? Sometimes you keep going with what works and if the guys buy into the team concept, it's not an issue if they sit because like you said, they'll get back in the lineup at some point.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:19 PM
token grinder

I think if Tootoo is committed to playing a physical, controlled game, one where he understands the line again, you can sit yip. and I would insert Radulov, if for nothing else but the 2nd pp unit. it was awful

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Win this ****ing series; I want to test our mettle vs. the Kings so badly. Go Preds! Can't wait for tomorrow night; we win and tie the series, I think the pressure easily goes back on the Yotes.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:16 AM
predwings

So I booked my ticket. I'll be in Phoenix for Game 5! Going to road trip down from Vegas. Also, got to meet Vandyfan and he's a great drinking and game watching partner. We'll have to do that more often next year and during football season bud!

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

So, the GDT on the Phoenix board has a nice big pic of downtown Nashville during the flood. This is only a couple of days after the anniversary of one of the worst disasters to hit the area. Is there anything (mod) that can be done to take it down? I can't believe someone would joke about a natural disaster like that. **** them, they just made it personal.

Last edited by kypredsfan: 05-04-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: I'll be reasonable
kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:03 AM
helvete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
So, the GDT on the Phoenix board has a nice big pic of downtown Nashville during the flood. This is only a couple of days after the anniversary of one of the worst disasters to hit the area. Is there anything (mod) that can be done to take it down? I can't believe someone would joke about a natural disaster like that. **** them, they just made it personal.

I'll make it personal as well. I hope if we don't win, that they win the cup and see the parade in Quebec City. **** you Phoenix and your bandwagon fans that just now showed up. Rot in hell while your team enjoys playing in front of actual fans next year in Canada.
Upset cause one person accidentally referenced a community tragedy, yet now you're saying you want a city to 'rot in hell?' Beautiful logic. But lets not forget where Nashville was not too long ago, not sure why jabs at fan base and relocation is being brought up...

That being said, to the rest of the Preds fans, I apologize. I think we can all agree that no one in their right mind would use someone's death to poke fun, especially when it comes to a hockey game. It was an honest mistake that'll be fix soon.

helvete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:33 AM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Quote:

I'll make it personal as well. I hope if we don't win, that they win the cup and see the parade in Quebec City. **** you Phoenix and your bandwagon fans that just now showed up. Rot in hell while your team enjoys playing in front of actual fans next year in Canada.
Because one's person's ignorance is the same as the entire fanbase right? I understand your upset by what he posted, but don't stoop to his level by wishing the team would move. The guys over on the Yote's board are among the friendliest users on this forum, but like every fanbase there are some bad apples. Just report him and move on.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world. I will be taking my last collegiate level exam this morning. So many different emotions.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:37 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
It's almost like a coach having the backup goalie get a shutout, do you play him again or go back to your starter? Sometimes you keep going with what works and if the guys buy into the team concept, it's not an issue if they sit because like you said, they'll get back in the lineup at some point.
Exactly. Whenever they do get back in the lineup, it'll be an interesting test to see how they respond...especially Rads.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Trotz's dilemma

1. The easiest choice is to keep Rads-Kost out of the lineup.
Trotz won't be faulted as much if they lose. Go with the winning lineup. He can always insert them later if they lose.

2. It's close to impossible to win the Cup with last game's lineup. Watching the defensive teams like St-Louis get mauled these playoffs and teams with great goaltending and extra firepower going forward, it's a question of time Nashville hits a roadblock. Classic Preds hockey has never gotten them beyond this point.

3. Is later in this series the best time to insert them? Odds are, Rads-Kost are inserted back in the lineup these series. It's either now or after a loss. If it's after a loss, they're inserted in a do-or-die game (likely on the road).

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 05-04-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:46 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
2. It's close to impossible to win the Cup with last game's lineup. Watching the defensive teams like St-Louis get mauled these playoffs and teams with great goaltending and extra firepower going forward, it's a question of time Nashville hits a roadblock. Classic Preds hockey has never gotten them beyond this point.
IMO, it depends on the opponent. Against Phoenix, I'd rather have the lineup we had last game. Against LA, I'd want a motivated Radulov in there. AK....meh.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:12 AM
vandyfan84

Quote:
They must have took it down...probably a good thing for them considering I wa about to lay into em for that.

There are some things you don't joke about...that being one of em.

Btw, they can have Taylor Swift

Old
05-04-2012, 08:14 AM
vandyfan84

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvete View Post
Upset cause one person accidentally referenced a community tragedy, yet now you're saying you want a city to 'rot in hell?' Beautiful logic. But lets not forget where Nashville was not too long ago, not sure why jabs at fan base and relocation is being brought up...

That being said, to the rest of the Preds fans, I apologize. I think we can all agree that no one in their right mind would use someone's death to poke fun, especially when it comes to a hockey game. It was an honest mistake that'll be fix soon.
Hell you asked for it. Do you not know what's kind of damage that caused a lot of people?! There was a school floating down I 24 that day. That is something you don't joke about.