HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF #3|May 3, 2012|Flyers at Devils| part 2

Old
05-04-2012, 04:06 AM
LePalle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
"I have tickets in the lower black seats at prudential center row 2 by the flyers we have had the seats for years including in the old stadium. Most games are quite with rival teams we get some banter or chanting this Includes many flyers fans in the past. Tonight we got attacked by 3 drunk violent fans unprovoked and witnessed 4 other Philly fans all men walking up from section 7 attack 3 young women trying to punch them and then 2 young men trying to fight anyone on their way out. How does the NHL not report on this? I have witnessed 17 years of devils hockey and never seen such a violent disrespectful group of fans. I have a video I will post a link Tom it is on YouTube It's the three guys who attacked us and then attacked the women after the video. "

"Flyers fans fighting each other outside of Prudential Center. Newark cops tazed them all. Coming to Youtube soon."

I am sorry but I am tired of seeing this. I was attacked by a drunk flyer fan tonight. I didn't say anything to him.

My only question is, why? WHY? Why does this stuff only happen when Flyer fans are in the building, and the best part is there were only about 300 of you guys there. I met many good flyer fans over the years but have seen too many violent incidents. I am just sick of it.
What answers are you looking for from us? It wasn't someone from this board, and I can't explain the actions of people I don't know any more than you can.

If I had to guess why it might be Philly fans more often than other fans (assuming that's the case) then I would guess it's because Philly fans want to live up to the reputation other people have pinned on us.

LePalle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:39 AM
kimmofan44

i was attacked by some devils fans, thankfully all the knew how to do was whine and complain at me even though their team won the game.
i was still terrified by this experience and i want an explaination and apology from all other devils fans for the actions of a couple of drunk losers. why?

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Our fanbase is composed of many families and these guys were doing this stuff in front of little kids. Its disturbing to watch.

...this made me laugh tho.
Dude just get out. No one here did that and those guys don't represent Philly just cause they were able to afford a jersey and some beers at the game.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
"I have tickets in the lower black seats at prudential center row 2 by the flyers we have had the seats for years including in the old stadium. Most games are quite with rival teams we get some banter or chanting this Includes many flyers fans in the past. Tonight we got attacked by 3 drunk violent fans unprovoked and witnessed 4 other Philly fans all men walking up from section 7 attack 3 young women trying to punch them and then 2 young men trying to fight anyone on their way out. How does the NHL not report on this? I have witnessed 17 years of devils hockey and never seen such a violent disrespectful group of fans. I have a video I will post a link Tom it is on YouTube It's the three guys who attacked us and then attacked the women after the video. "

"Flyers fans fighting each other outside of Prudential Center. Newark cops tazed them all. Coming to Youtube soon."

I am sorry but I am tired of seeing this. I was attacked by a drunk flyer fan tonight. I didn't say anything to him.

My only question is, why? WHY? Why does this stuff only happen when Flyer fans are in the building, and the best part is there were only about 300 of you guys there. I met many good flyer fans over the years but have seen too many violent incidents. I am just sick of it.
Why was my buddy attacked by a drunk Devils fan last year in line for the bathroom? Why? WHY?

Oh, that's right... cause drunk people are *******s.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:45 AM
TimeParadox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
the Flyers said he won game #1.

but what do they know.
.......and he lost the next two. C'mon, you need a decent goalie to compete at this level. Even if you guys go over NJ, what's going to happen if you meet the NYR or the LAK ?

TimeParadox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:31 AM
CSKA1974

My impression from this series:

Devils outplay Flyers in fundamentals, providing literal proof to the statement "Devil is in the details".

They demonstrate great work ethics on the ice- rarely did we see blown assignments or boneheaded pllays (including line changes). They execute the plan and play every minute of the game.

Flyers on the other hand....

I have been getting flack here for what I am about to say, but I think that above stated issues are on the coaching staff.

Yes, I understand that Bryz is not the goalie that a lot of people had hoped he would be. But goaltending is, fortunately, a wash in the first 2 series.

Yes, I understand that the Flyers are missing some major players and are playing injured, But so some other teams. And correct me if I am wrong, but is not the coaching staff's job to recognize personnel issues and adjust accordingly?

Motivation, regardless how great it is, will not lead to success without fundamentals: work ethics, discipline, execution and adjustment.

It's sport, and I understand that winning is unpredictable, but the team has not look like winners this series. They need to go back to the basics, especially on defence.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:32 AM
indypace78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixXx View Post
May sound stupid but what type of system is capable of beating the devils, rangers and now the caps. It's been a very long time since I've seen a team get pinned in their zone so easily. Especially a talented roster like the flyers

Devils are using heavy man on puck pressure, no matter what, even shorthanded. They are NOT afraid of getting beat 1 on 1. This forces the Flyers (or any team) to make "pro" passes, or in other words, really make high end professional type passes to the open man.

To beat this pressure the key is fast, quick puck movement to the open man, or to another teammate who's position is close to the puck carrier to "overload" the forechecker since many times the "open" man will be one where a pass can't be made to.

A quick pass to a close teammate will "catch" the forechecker in no mans land and a play can ensue.

The Flyers need to stop back passing behind their own net which the Devils have read in all 3 games & just get it up the boards with an overload center swing to break out..

How's that!

indypace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:41 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypace78 View Post
Devils are using heavy man on puck pressure, no matter what, even shorthanded. They are NOT afraid of getting beat 1 on 1. This forces the Flyers (or any team) to make "pro" passes, or in other words, really make high end professional type passes to the open man.

To beat this pressure the key is fast, quick puck movement to the open man, or to another teammate who's position is close to the puck carrier to "overload" the forechecker since many times the "open" man will be one where a pass can't be made to.

A quick pass to a close teammate will "catch" the forechecker in no mans land and a play can ensue.

The Flyers need to stop back passing behind their own net which the Devils have read in all 3 games & just get it up the boards with an overload center swing to break out..

How's that!
word

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:53 AM
FlyersMania2

Now before you jump all over me, understand the following:

1) Rinaldo doesn't add much offense (like none) and takes dumb penalties
2) JVR had a very good game in this series

But

in the 2011-2012 playoffs,

w/Rinaldo in the lineup: Flyers are 3-1
w/JVR in the lineup: Flyers are 2-3

The team in general is accountable for the bad play the last 2 games, but maybe JVR has the curse of Carter?

I always thought when Carter re-emerged from injury in the post-season, our team looked worse.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:14 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
They need to go back to the basics, especially on defence.
There is nothing to go back to; this staff doesn't teach basic defense.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:23 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

This Flyers team has shown me nothing to suggest they can win 3 out of 4 against the Devils. I cannot believe how soft this team is playing right now. Also, it seems like our guys cannot determine an angle to cut a puck off when it's dumped in by the Devils; they just skate behind every puck.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Coppy

The biggest issue the Flyers have had is the Devils forecheck... The Dcore is just not good starting the rush. I cringe every time the puck is on the stick of Lilja, Gus, Grossman, or Carle in our own zone and we're trying to start the rush.

Quote:

Yes Devils fans are always polite and mild mannered when they come into our building. You know, other than the 2 or 3 dozen or so incidents where I've seen Devils fans being complete *******s...

Dumb people do dumb things.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:29 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:

How's that!
You are correct sir. Unfortunately this team passes like du du.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
no fault for Marty on the Briere goal. lucky bounce. or was it a lucky break. either way not his fault
then there's no fault for Bryz on Ponikarovsky's goal. lucky bounce. or lucky break.

not a good goal by Ponikarovsky, not a good goal by Briere.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy18 View Post
i was talking about the 'rangers suck, flyers swallow' chant
not for nothing but…the ‘flyers swallow’ (or ‘gomez swallows’) thing is so embarrassing…every time I hear it I cringe. the ‘rangers suck’ thing is stupid too, but the swallowing? that’s some middle school **** right there.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Now before you jump all over me, understand the following:

1) Rinaldo doesn't add much offense (like none) and takes dumb penalties
2) JVR had a very good game in this series

But

in the 2011-2012 playoffs,

w/Rinaldo in the lineup: Flyers are 3-1
w/JVR in the lineup: Flyers are 2-3

The team in general is accountable for the bad play the last 2 games, but maybe JVR has the curse of Carter?

I always thought when Carter re-emerged from injury in the post-season, our team looked worse.
There is no way you take out JVR for Rinaldo. those records are just a coincidence. Rinaldo whether it is fair or not has a rep. Any hard check is more then likely going to be a penalty. the Flyers PK has been brutal in the playoffs. Unless an injury forces someone out then he is likely staying where he is.
Rinaldo is not a difference maker. As far as JVR goes hes been fine. He has had some rough stretches but so has everyone else. If anyone has been bad its been Simmonds. Last night JVR set him up twice, once late in the 3rd and he couldnt finish.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:07 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
My impression from this series:

Devils outplay Flyers in fundamentals, providing literal proof to the statement "Devil is in the details".

They demonstrate great work ethics on the ice- rarely did we see blown assignments or boneheaded pllays (including line changes). They execute the plan and play every minute of the game.

Flyers on the other hand....

I have been getting flack here for what I am about to say, but I think that above stated issues are on the coaching staff.

Yes, I understand that Bryz is not the goalie that a lot of people had hoped he would be. But goaltending is, fortunately, a wash in the first 2 series.

Yes, I understand that the Flyers are missing some major players and are playing injured, But so some other teams. And correct me if I am wrong, but is not the coaching staff's job to recognize personnel issues and adjust accordingly?

Motivation, regardless how great it is, will not lead to success without fundamentals: work ethics, discipline, execution and adjustment.

It's sport, and I understand that winning is unpredictable, but the team has not look like winners this series. They need to go back to the basics, especially on defence.
I completely agree with you. After seeing how difficult it is to a) carry the puck into the Devils' zone and b) rattle it around the boards without Brodeur doing his thing, they have to work on an efficient dump-and-chase to the corners, that could transition a quick pass or two for at least a semi-decent shot. Odd-man rushes are like hen's teeth, so they can't rely on the quick outs.

What I did like about the game last night, particularly on the otherwise putrid OT PPs, was that the Dmen recognized at least twice when a Devils PK forechecker got caught deep and headed straight up the ice with speed. But then they slowed to a crawl, giving up that advantage.

And for those of you who don't have access to the CBC, PJ Stock broke down the Parise wrap-around goal and how Carle a) took a poor defensive path to the puck, then b) delivered a bad pass to Timonen (?), and then compounded things by c) leaving Parise alone. Those are just absolute fundamentals that cost the Flyers goals in the regular season and continue to bite them on the rear.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
There is no way you take out JVR for Rinaldo. those records are just a coincidence. Rinaldo whether it is fair or not has a rep. Any hard check is more then likely going to be a penalty. the Flyers PK has been brutal in the playoffs. Unless an injury forces someone out then he is likely staying where he is.
Rinaldo is not a difference maker. As far as JVR goes hes been fine. He has had some rough stretches but so has everyone else. If anyone has been bad its been Simmonds. Last night JVR set him up twice, once late in the 3rd and he couldnt finish.
Not saying we replace JVR with Rinaldo, wondering if its the Carter curse?

Is Sestito ready? If Coots is hurt, do we insert Coots, Rinaldo, or Harry Z?

Old
05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I completely agree with you. After seeing how difficult it is to a) carry the puck into the Devils' zone and b) rattle it around the boards without Brodeur doing his thing, they have to work on an efficient dump-and-chase to the corners, that could transition a quick pass or two for at least a semi-decent shot. Odd-man rushes are like hen's teeth, so they can't rely on the quick outs.

What I did like about the game last night, particularly on the otherwise putrid OT PPs, was that the Dmen recognized at least twice when a Devils PK forechecker got caught deep and headed straight up the ice with speed. But then they slowed to a crawl, giving up that advantage.

And for those of you who don't have access to the CBC, PJ Stock broke down the Parise wrap-around goal and how Carle a) took a poor defensive path to the puck, then b) delivered a bad pass to Timonen (?), and then compounded things by c) leaving Parise alone. Those are just absolute fundamentals that cost the Flyers goals in the regular season and continue to bite them on the rear.
Carle is like a drug addict...

He comes out of rehab and seems to be doing well (i.e. scores a goal)

But then steals your money (bad play #1) and takes your car (bad play #2) to go score some smack.

All in all, everyone knows he won't change but for some reason we keep wanting to believe he will.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Thank you!

This is so much more refreshing than reading people's posts who claim the Devils "trap". It makes me wonder if the people saying the Devils trap are listening to the games on radio For God's sake, the Devils send TWO MEN IN to flush out opponents defensemen. HTH could that possibly be a Neutral Zone Trap!

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:58 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Thank you!

This is so much more refreshing than reading people's posts who claim the Devils "trap". It makes me wonder if the people saying the Devils trap are listening to the games on radio For God's sake, the Devils send TWO MEN IN to flush out opponents defensemen. HTH could that possibly be a Neutral Zone Trap!
Why are you posting here? So you can point out Flyers fans calling your system the trap?

Post on the SC thread - I am so over your fan base right now. My inbox is filled due to saying you guys make the same argument repeatedly.

Old
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Thank you!

By the new definition of flaming, based on my recent experience, this is an example.

The forum to have discussions WITH Flyers fans is not in the Flyers forum.

I am bitter, oh well. I have said a lot of things that are worthy of consequence, but lately I have been pretty good.

That is all I will say.

Either way - trap or not - the Devs stand up at the blue line, and constantly interfere with players who don't have the puck. This is pretty classic Devils.