Closed Thread

Old
04-29-2012, 06:11 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrdone71 View Post
Just to touch on someone said about the Wilkson-foote. Kid. He was good but he wasn't the one throwing his body around. He wasn't wearing the #55 that's was slated on the print out we had Wilson-foote was wearing #8(black). And a kid from the lambton jr sting aaa was wearing the # 55 black.
I was pretty pumped when I seen him throw a few checks and I was like that Wilson-Foote kid is awesome. Then when the kid skated towards us I notice the last name wasn't his. I don't have the sheet in front of me right now but when I do get it I will post it.
I am pretty sure that he was part of a jersey change in the second period.

Old
04-30-2012, 12:56 PM
krauss72

I also noticed the Wilson-foote mix up. I wonder if there were other mixed up numbers/names and I just didn't notice. Why was DiPaolo playing a Fwd? We could use his size up front but it was obvious that wasn't his strength. I liked Cam Ashley alot to. Great speed, vision, hockey smarts and able to finish. But the lad is rather small. Are top two picks this year bring size but I wasn't overly impressed. I actually liked Renaud more than Hargrave this weekend, but it was just a few skates. Nikandrov and Brown looked good. I was disappointed with the compete level of many of the lads. Where was Braxton-Andrews from last years draft? I am also disappointed with the STH prices for next year. Decisions decisions.

Old
04-30-2012, 01:24 PM
dansk55

with Barrick signed...what is our goaltending situation?

Old
04-30-2012, 04:07 PM
mkraayen

Sounds like they're hopeful Anderson returns in net, based on the article on Sting site. But I think that's more so wishful thinking. He was signed by the San Jose Sharks organization prior to last season, so I would think. now that he is old enough, he would enter their farm system rather than be returned for an OA year in the OHL.
Sharks have Niemi & Greiss as 2 NHL goaltenders, both still under contract for next season. Also have Tyson Sexsmith & Harri Sateri both in AHL. Most probable he plays in ECHL somewhere next season.

Old
04-30-2012, 04:26 PM
krauss72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraayen View Post
Sounds like they're hopeful Anderson returns in net, based on the article on Sting site. But I think that's more so wishful thinking. He was signed by the San Jose Sharks organization prior to last season, so I would think. now that he is old enough, he would enter their farm system rather than be returned for an OA year in the OHL.
Agree. Probably ECHL for Anderson.
Sharks have Niemi & Greiss as 2 NHL goaltenders, both still under contract for next season. Also have Tyson Sexsmith & Harri Sateri both in AHL. Most probable he plays in ECHL somewhere next season.
Agree. ECHL would be likely destination. However I hope he returns so we can recoup some of those lost picks.

Old
04-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Baldy

[QUOTE=JuniorFan27;49009083]Nikandrov, DiPaolo and Brown did look good, but they'd better - they have a year of JR experience and they were playing primarily against kids coming out of minor midget or midget.

I focused on the defensemen, here are a few that stood out:

Brandon - why was he there? Big, but slow, always out of position, was on for at least have of the Black team goals against. Must be someone's nephew.[/QUOTE]

Which means the Sting brass have probably already signed him to a contract.

Old
05-03-2012, 03:02 PM
JSavoire

Did Braxton Andrews ever materialize? I'm surprised he wasn't there as reported by someone (I couldn't make the skate to watch)? They could use a smooth skating D like him. Especially with one year of experience under his belt.

Old
05-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Sempron

according to his twitter cam ashley has signed with the sting.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:49 PM
mesh

watched the niagara - london game on cogeco, brett ritchie was a force out there crashed and banged all night we sure could of used him against saginaw and next year also. what were you thinking jacques????????

Old
05-04-2012, 05:30 AM
JuniorFan27
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Did Braxton Andrews ever materialize? I'm surprised he wasn't there as reported by someone (I couldn't make the skate to watch)? They could use a smooth skating D like him. Especially with one year of experience under his belt.
The last thing we need are more smooth skating D. We need grit, size, and D that are going to hit hit hit. Wilson Foote or Donnelly type kids from the skate last week.

Old
05-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Sempron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh View Post
watched the niagara - london game on cogeco, brett ritchie was a force out there crashed and banged all night we sure could of used him against saginaw and next year also. what were you thinking jacques????????
i noticed the same thing. london had no answer for ritchie. loosing him and kuj will hurt in the future.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Baldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesh View Post
Ritchie wasn't playing like that while in Sarnia. He was playing lazy, and it was apparent to some that he didn't want to be here. Change can be good for some kids and it worked out very well for Ritchie.
I remember his last game with the Sting and his last play. We had an empty net to try and tie the game, the puck was in our end, Brett had the puck near the net and made a blind back pass straight onto the stick of an opposing player who put it in the net, ending any hope of tying the game. It was a brutal, lazy, stupid play. He went on the injury list after that I believe.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Ritchie wasn't playing like that while in Sarnia. He was playing lazy, and it was apparent to some that he didn't want to be here. Change can be good for some kids and it worked out very well for Ritchie.
I remember his last game with the Sting and his last play. We had an empty net to try and tie the game, the puck was in our end, Brett had the puck near the net and made a blind back pass straight onto the stick of an opposing player who put it in the net, ending any hope of tying the game. It was a brutal, lazy, stupid play. He went on the injury list after that I believe.
Exactly. Ritchie did not play like that in Sarnia and was terribly inconsistent. Can't blame Jacko for that one as he was uninspired during his whole tenure as a Sting. Good to see him playing well but it's also not hard to play on that stacked Niagara squad.

PS - Sarnia will be the host of game 4 for the 2012 Subway Super Series on Nov 12 leading up to the WJC

Old
05-13-2012, 06:14 PM
hardoil3232

sting firng of mark hunter as gm and coach

thanks to the sting braintrust knights fans have enjoyed many playoff series

Old
05-14-2012, 09:45 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
What does this even mean?

Old
05-15-2012, 07:52 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
What does this even mean?
I thought it was quite simple to understand. I believe he means if sting had not fired hunter, they would be in sarnia, not in London. And perhaps Sarnia would enjoy success.

Old
05-15-2012, 08:15 AM
truestingfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
I thought it was quite simple to understand. I believe he means if sting had not fired hunter, they would be in sarnia, not in London. And perhaps Sarnia would enjoy success.
two months after Mark was relieved the Hunters bought London.

Old
05-15-2012, 09:40 AM
NewStingfan

The only reason Mark was fired was because he was looking to buy London while he was employed by the Sting.

Last edited by NewStingfan: 05-15-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old
05-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
He was leaving to go to London regardless. Its revisionist history to believe anything otherwise.

Old
05-22-2012, 06:33 AM
JuniorFan27
Rookie User

Training Camp

When is the main training camp roster released?

Old
05-22-2012, 02:35 PM
dansk55

import draft

Any thoughts on the import draft? Who is available way down the list?

Old
05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
mkraayen

To my knowledge, I don't think the Sting release a list of players invited to their main camp in late August. They release the schedule (scrimmages, Black & White game, etc) on their website. The listed players at main camp are provided when you attend any portion of it, so you'd probably have to show up or have someone bring you a copy if you're unable to attend yourself.
In regards to CHL Import draft - now 36 days away - it will be interesting to see what the Sting do. They could trade up to get a higher end guy, but that might cost more than they want to give up considering they're coming off an "all-in" year. It may be a wiser decision to re-coup picks rather than distribute more out to their competitors. They also have BOTH import roster spots available with the departures of Yakupov (NHL) and Rensfeldt (AHL). With a later pick they could follow last years route and choose a player a year or two older (93 or 94) than the youngest of eligible imports (95). As well, they could utilize their Blackhawks connection and choose one of their drafts picks. Having Larionov with ties to the Sting can also only help with luring Russians. One Russian, a 1993 birthdate, drafted by Chicago is forward, Maxim Shalunov - a 2011, 4th round draft pick.

Old
05-27-2012, 07:47 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkraayen View Post
To my knowledge, I don't think the Sting release a list of players invited to their main camp in late August. They release the schedule (scrimmages, Black & White game, etc) on their website. The listed players at main camp are provided when you attend any portion of it, so you'd probably have to show up or have someone bring you a copy if you're unable to attend yourself.
In regards to CHL Import draft - now 36 days away - it will be interesting to see what the Sting do. They could trade up to get a higher end guy, but that might cost more than they want to give up considering they're coming off an "all-in" year. It may be a wiser decision to re-coup picks rather than distribute more out to their competitors. They also have BOTH import roster spots available with the departures of Yakupov (NHL) and Rensfeldt (AHL). With a later pick they could follow last years route and choose a player a year or two older (93 or 94) than the youngest of eligible imports (95). As well, they could utilize their Blackhawks connection and choose one of their drafts picks. Having Larionov with ties to the Sting can also only help with luring Russians. One Russian, a 1993 birthdate, drafted by Chicago is forward, Maxim Shalunov - a 2011, 4th round draft pick.
How likely is it for you guys to move Basso? Petes need a better veteran defenceman and I've always liked Basso's game.

As a sting fan, would you guys by content with swapping Basso to the Petes for a 95 birthdate d-man? (Varga)

Old
05-27-2012, 02:22 PM
mkraayen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
How likely is it for you guys to move Basso? Petes need a better veteran defenceman and I've always liked Basso's game.

As a sting fan, would you guys by content with swapping Basso to the Petes for a 95 birthdate d-man? (Varga)
Basso, undrafted in the NHL, will be an overage candidate for the Sting in 2013-14. Of the Sting's '93 born players, Basso & Boucher have the heighest ceiling, tallent-wise. Boucher, a Devils draft pick, will probably enter their AHL farm system following the upcoming 2012-13 season and not even be available as an overager. That makes Basso even more important being they're top OA candidate for 2013-14.
In terms of D, what happens with Connor Murphy may dictate the Sting's need for an offensive defenseman such as Basso's abilities.
If Murphy returns, he along with DeAngelo are the Sting's top 2 offensive options. Chiarlitti will log big minutes in one of the Sting's top 2 defensive pairings as well. You then have Basso, Duininick, Kuzmyk, & Dipaolo, probably in that order, filling out your 4-7 D spots. If Murphy makes the jump to the AHL, which I think he very well could, Basso's offensive talent becomes all the more necessary. It's possible the Sting use one of their Import selections at D, minimizing Basso's potential minutes this season, but there's a lot more need elsewhere - revamping the top 6 forwards & addressing the goaltending situation - that Imports can be used for.
I would call it 'unlikely' that Basso is moved.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Baldy

Sting Head Scout fired

According to CHOK Jim Debeneham (sp), Sting Head Scout, has been fired. JB will take over the duties. So JB is GM, Head Coach and Head Scout. Wonder is that is temporary. Seems to be too much for one guy.

Closed Thread